Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You know, =.=a I did mention somewhere in the beginning of this conversation that this is comparing to Non RME alternatives. throwing RME into the equation is an obvious no brainer what will win, which is why i left them out of it all :I
    The point isn't new skirmish weapon can't compete with RME though, it CAN have niche situation with unique augment, even for RME owners. The point is that the augment range is so huge that the chance of getting them is so small....I don't mind a cure potency gun for COR/WHM, but idk how to get them.

If SE said we're gonna stay on ilv119 for another 3 years, or the augment I get can stay for next tier, I'd toss gil on it.

With next tier coming anytime soon, and R/M/E confirmed to get an upgrade, it's pretty silly to release an augment system with such huge range.
    (1)

Character
    Angrykitty
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm going to play the devil's advocate in response to this update. I haven't tried any of the new content since the last skirmish content that was released because all this new stuff seems like complete crap.

First off, 99% of the time players are going to exploit it with the same job combinations (MNK, PLD, WHM, SCH, COR, BRD), which bottlenecks game play for everyone. I would like to see a game where you can invite any job combination and apply them usefully in a scenario or battlefield. I'm certain that I am not alone in this opinion.

I would like to see old jobs branch off into new roles for damage dealing, tanking, and support.
    I would like to see old equipment become upgradable to be functional at level 119, to include all of the magian trial weapons and equipment.
    I would like to see more customization in character building than just equipment. Equipment should only be ornate and help to some degree. Job points and merits need a severe overhaul, not a patch.
    Players should be invited based on skill and not on what equipment they have in possession.
    Most of all, I would like to see the ffxi community play together to accomplish missions and battlefields than compete for equipment and squabble for content.

When are you planning to update any content so that every job can participate in it?

I'm not making demands, but until this game becomes more enjoyable for everyone, my wife and I are breaking from it. It's $25 a month that we can save up to try other games.

v/r

AK
    (3)
    Last edited by Angrykitty; 08-27-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    The point isn't new skirmish weapon can't compete with RME though, it CAN have niche situation with unique augment, even for RME owners. The point is that the augment range is so huge that the chance of getting them is so small....I don't mind a cure potency gun for COR/WHM, but idk how to get them.

If SE said we're gonna stay on ilv119 for another 3 years, or the augment I get can stay for next tier, I'd toss gil on it.

With next tier coming anytime soon, and R/M/E confirmed to get an upgrade, it's pretty silly to release an augment system with such huge range.
    Frankly, and as less offensively as I can make it cause thats honestly not my intent, but I think its a stupid scapegoat to bring up RME and compare every weapon introduced to them. Yes, they aren't better than RME, but save for maybe a handful of people in XI, no one owns a 119 RME for all their jobs, which is why these sub-RME weapons are still useful to most players. I do agree that the range being so wide is a little annoying, and I agree that its also quite stupid that you can get off-stone augments, which I think should be removed in the next installment of Skirmish. But considering if you put your mind to it, you'd probably have a good-to-great augment in a couple days work, less if you put gil into it, it ain't superbly terrible.

First off, 99% of the time players are going to exploit it with the same job combinations (MNK, PLD, WHM, SCH, COR, BRD), which bottlenecks game play for everyone. I would like to see a game where you can invite any job combination and apply them usefully in a scenario or battlefield. I'm certain that I am not alone in this opinion.
    Its not an exploit to use efficient jobs... The fastest way will be SAMs and other high tier DD... but its not impossible without them, I've personally beaten a 3 body run with BST, NIN, RUN, COR, WHM, GEO... You can win these things with just about any realistic job combination,(I.E DDsx3, Support, Healer) thats not the problem... Its that people will go for the most efficient and least "room for stupid" jobs. I.E if you're given the option for a SAM or PUP, you'll likely take the SAM since its more likely, even if they suck, that they'll be better than the PUP, since the PUP requires a great player to be done well.

I would like to see old jobs branch off into new roles for damage dealing, tanking, and support.
    Like what XD? There aren't many rolls for an MMO outside of those 3... except Healing.

I would like to see more customization in character building than just equipment. Equipment should only be ornate and help to some degree. Job points and merits need a severe overhaul, not a patch.
    I don't know if theres any MMO like this... Equipment is the foundation of MMOs, its the drive behind almost all of them, especially XI with its macro system. Merit adjustments would be nice though

Players should be invited based on skill and not on what equipment they have in possession.
    This would be kinda nice... but you can't put skill into a game like XI without a complete rehaul of the battle system, and I mean ground up to the point it would be easier to make a new MMO. Also, theres no way to judge skill at face value so "skill" is an intangible asset in an MMO unless you're well known. So judging based on skill is impossible when all you have to go off of is a line of text saying "SAM, Do you need it?"

Most of all, I would like to see the ffxi community play together to accomplish missions and battlefields than compete for equipment and squabble for content.
    I, I do agree... but like World peace, this won't happen... too many different types of people, too many different ideas of fun. You know, sometimes I wish people could get along, but I also enjoy the variety people bring to XI, even the asshats :|
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Frankly, and as less offensively as I can make it cause thats honestly not my intent, but I think its a stupid scapegoat to bring up RME and compare every weapon introduced to them. Yes, they aren't better than RME, but save for maybe a handful of people in XI, no one owns a 119 RME for all their jobs, which is why these sub-RME weapons are still useful to most players. I do agree that the range being so wide is a little annoying, and I agree that its also quite stupid that you can get off-stone augments, which I think should be removed in the next installment of Skirmish. But considering if you put your mind to it, you'd probably have a good-to-great augment in a couple days work, less if you put gil into it, it ain't superbly terrible.|
    The problem is that the people who can't get an RME weapon or a delve weapon or an AA weapon that is just as good / better are the same people who can't get these weapons with good augments because it takes too much time / money to get good augments.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    The problem is that the people who can't get an RME weapon or a delve weapon or an AA weapon that is just as good / better are the same people who can't get these weapons with good augments because it takes too much time / money to get good augments.
    Mmmmmmm, Perhaps... but those people... IDK. You should be able to beat this content with Eminent weapons, its 119 content, and the NMs aren't really that hard, and if you still can't beat it with Skirmish things, then I hate to be that guy but there are some people you simply cannot help.

Still, I'm perfectly capable of making an RME, I have a relic actually, but it doesn't mean I want to build a Mythic or Relic for all of my jobs, so these work for me, as I'm sure they work for many others, or at least a good portion of others. Still, as far as 119 weapons go, aside from Delve II weapons, these are probably the easiest to get that aren't straight gil sinks (Like Oboro 119's), I mean, they're 100% drops from rather easy NMs. I truly think the only horrible NM is the Behemoth cause it levels up, but even that has a strategy now (tank from back/side to reduce howl usage).

... I ... Idk, you can't make everyone happy :I
    (0)

For those of you who have been collecting stones from Alluvion skirmishes, here is a bit of information for you.

In the future we are planning to add more avenues for using the stones you can obtain from Alluvion skirmishes when we add armor with the continuation of Alluvion skirmish.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Oh no, when will this "random augment" phase ever end?
    (9)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    For those of you who have been collecting stones from Alluvion skirmishes, here is a bit of information for you.

In the future we are planning to add more avenues for using the stones you can obtain from Alluvion skirmishes when we add armor with the continuation of Alluvion skirmish.
    Ugh............ This post... It makes me hurt all over.
    (7)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I'm actually excited to see what'll be added, I enjoy the new alluvion skirmishes and though augmenting can be a pain it is a little essier with stone types and storage. Just make sure there are nice new models for the gear like there were for weapons. Also, has there been any info on the 7th Naakual? Could've sworn along time ago someone said there were 7 of them. Just wondering for the wildkeeper reive and delve and what zone/element he will be located and have affinity with. Light or Dark? Or maybe both? O.o lol
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I think the last boss from the adoulin mission was the 7th naakual. But not really sure since I tend to skip the cutscenes.
    (0)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast