Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Alluvion Skirmishes

Hello, everyone!

If you haven’t seen the latest announcement about alluvion skirmishes, you’re definitely going to want to check it out!

If you’ve read over the information already, I just wanted to share a bit more supplemental information about this content coming in the August version update.
    • Concerns about congestion
      Coinciding with the adjustments we made in the June version update where we reduced the required number of participants from three to one, there was the possibility for high congestion when accessing skirmishes. We’ve been keeping a close eye on this, but we haven’t been noticing any outstanding congestion lately. However, we will continue to monitor the situation and address it as needed.

• Content level
      Alluvion skirmishes will be content level 119. The battle balance has been set for players who have obtained item level 119 equipment from previous skirmishes.

• The rewards
      As mentioned in the announcement, you can obtain weapons and shields in alluvion skirmishes. We’ve seen requests for accessories from skirmish, but right now we do not have any plans to add them. However, we will be introducing armor in future additions to alluvion skirmish to go along with the new weapons and shields.

Additionally, in the August version update you will be able to add up to two Arcane Glyptics to your weapons and shields, and in a future expansion to this content we will be making it possible to increase the number of stats you can augment you reward with.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Not sure we are really in dire need of a new option for weapons or shields, but okay, I guess. I was hoping for some armor since that can usually have a lot more variety.

It all really comes down to what is on them, but seems kinda redundant when we already have a skirmish weapon and shield.
    (4)

Player
    Well, skirmishes allow more job diversity; most jobs can do skirmish (Or invited to). Personally, I am ok with it. Sounds promising.
    (2)

Player
    We absolutely need shields. There damned well better be a mage shield with magic damage+80 magic attack bonus +15 or so, or clubs will never be useful compared to staves. And there is absolutely never a reason for 1 handed weapon jobs to not be dual wielding because shields are so worthless. A Double atatck +30% shield or weapon delay -25% shield might actually make Fencer useful.

Too bad it'll just be another PLD shield.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Not sure we are really in dire need of a new option for weapons or shields, but okay, I guess. I was hoping for some armor since that can usually have a lot more variety.

It all really comes down to what is on them, but seems kinda redundant when we already have a skirmish weapon and shield.
    I'd like to see more weapons that more jobs can use. They don't have to be top-notch weapons, but with an option to stick a lot of acc on them, it will make a brilliant option for jobs with lower than A skill that wish to use a different weapon type for utility purposes, or for on mobs with damage resistance vs a certain type of damage.

Edit: not to mention that it's easier to get the augments that you want on these by using the correct item to augment them, instead of wasting millions of gil trying to get even a sniff of the right attribute!
    (3)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 07-26-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Character
    Nauta
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Can we please please please get a decent ilvl crossbow for thief this time around? We do get last stand after all and the acid bolt utility would be amazing!
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Not sure we are really in dire need of a new option for weapons or shields, but okay, I guess.
    It doesn't make much sense because that approach is more XIV-ish with the tiered gear and all that vertical progression nonsense. So at least right now this seems to be geared towards people interested in a gear treadmill style of end game content.

But it really depends on what stats the gear has, if it has different stats and allows for alternative gameplay that could be interesting, but if it's just stronger versions of past gear then it's 100% vertical bs.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Fewer weapons, more WHM DD gear!
    (4)

I'd like some 119 skirmish gear that's a little more obviously stronger than the 117 bayld gear... seriously. Most of my 119 stuff (after pouring millions in stones on it) is not much better than 119 bayld gear...
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Edit: not to mention that it's easier to get the augments that you want on these by using the correct item to augment them, instead of wasting millions of gil trying to get even a sniff of the right attribute!
    except that as described you will need to have already obtained 119 gear, possibly augmented as you are putting down if not obtained from another battlefield or some other content system than skirmish, since Camate's statement implies that this needs 119 to beat, AND SE said the 119 cap was staying in place for the foreseeable future.
    (0)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast