Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenshi View Post
    People really put up with useing so many sets? sounds like pure hassle.
    I'd expect that 99.5% of people who use that many sets are using gearswap (3rd party program) or something like it. Not sensible to use the in-game macros for that many swaps.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I'd expect that 99.5% of people who use that many sets are using gearswap (3rd party program) or something like it. Not sensible to use the in-game macros for that many swaps.
    actually its rather easy to do lost of swaps with just the macro system

you can change 5 gears and still do an action
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I know theres people who use many a set, Just never heard of almost 40 sets for a single job. I know of precast sets, Enhancing sets, stoneskin, so forth... 40 just feels so big. but the more I think on it, even my RDM which isn't fully macro'd, has about 18 sets.. 40 though... 40
    He has that many sets because he has separate tiers for acc/macc, once you start to create different tiers for acc the amount of sets you have will increase. Most good DD also have a couple of tiers of acc/ws acc and do situational swap for DT- hybrid or different buff as well.

If I'm going to post all the different tiers, this is what I got for my COR(which isn't even a complicate job, unlike RDM):

Idle
    PDT-
    Melee full dmg
    Melee low acc
    Melee mid acc
    Melee max acc
    Exenterator (I don't do acc tiers for dagger WS cuz I rarely use it in endgame)
    Evisceration
    Requiescat low acc
    Requiescat high acc
    Last stand low acc
    Last stand full acc
    Last stand full dmg
    Last stand enmity-
    Wildfire
    Wildfire on full moon
    Wildfire with obi
    Wildfire enmity-
    Leaden salute
    Leaden salute on full moon
    Leaden salute with obi
    Leaden salute enmity-
    QD
    QD on full moon
    QD with obi/zodiac ring
    QD full macc
    QD macc with recast
    QD full dmg(no recast)
    Phantom roll(old rolls)
    Phantom roll(regain roll)
    Phantom roll(allie's roll)
    Phantom roll(courser's roll)
    Phantom roll(fast cast roll)
    Phantom roll(lolblitzer's roll)
    Random deal
    Wild card
    Fold
    Snake eye
    Fast cast
    Cure potency
    MP+
    refresh idle
    Snapshot precast
    ranged full acc
    ranged mid acc
    ranged full dmg
    ranged DP 6 hit
    ranged Pulfanxa 5 hit

That is 49 sets, which doesn't include weapon swap, for a job that's often being played naked....I have 10 daggers and 3 swords, if I'm going to include different weapon combinations it's going to take forever to list them all. I'm missing regen idle(too lazy), stoneskin set(I hate /WHM so all my /WHM sets are gimp) and different acc tiers for dagger WS. I also don't have a proper MDT-/BDT- and such.

Although you can argue that JA doesn't count because it's just swapping 1 piece Even without JA sets it's still well over 40 sets. So 40 is really not anything rare, especially for jobs like RDM which is one of the most complicated job in this game.

And yes, I think it's pure hassle to have that many gears, but besides collecting gears and make more sets there aren't anything else that I'm interested in this game ._. Whenever I spend time for FFXI, I'm either playing with spreadsheet to build more sets or hunting down gears for more sets >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post

I guess I'm the 0.5% of ppl that's gear set fanatic and use 0 tools(including windower).
    (0)

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenshi View Post
    People really put up with useing so many sets? sounds like pure hassle.
    I thought the same, but then I actually checked my gear sets across all my jobs and 20 isn't near enough. Hell, just WHM and BLM alone easily consume that number and then some, and I ascribe to the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) philosophy.
    (0)

Hello, everyone.

I’m bumping this thread to give you a heads up on what’s planned for the equipment set feature with a full explanation from Yoji Fujito.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Hello,

In the next version update scheduled for early October we will be increasing the amount of equipment sets. When this happens, the internal behavior of this feature will change a bit, and I would like to explain how it will change. For a full explanation about equipment sets, please refer to the August version update notes.

Equipment Set Menu Changes
    When accessing the “Edit Equip. Set” menu, there will be buttons for sets 1-20 displayed as usual. However, when pressing the right or left on your gamepad or keyboard, it will shift to a new array of 20 buttons.

You can register your gear to the equipment set of your choice and when using the “/equipset” command you’ll be able to indicate the set number as usual.

That’s all for the changes to the screen. Next up is the internal stuff.

From here on out this is only something that I wanted to explain beforehand, and nine times out of ten there will be no problems. As this is only an explanation and heads-up geared towards some players, please feel free to read if you are interested.

I mentioned previously that the reason why we had to push back the expansion of the equipment set feature was due to technical problems that arose, but specifically it was a problem with memory access.
    If we were to implement 100 sets like this on memory, it would have caused some problems with the base portion of the feature.

In order to solve this problem, we made it so we keep the current base of 20 sets, and the remaining 80 sets would be loaded from memory storage as needed.

Due to this, the first time you use /equipset for a specific set it will access memory storage. When repetitively using /equipset to call the same sets, there will already be memory data for them and it will not have to load it from memory storage.
    (For those of you how are programming savvy, it’s cached in the memory.)

This memory loading will be saved up to the 20 most recent sets. It may feel similar to that of the synthesis history list.

However, when opening the “Edit Equip. Set” menu, data loading is necessary. This includes equipment set names, so the memory will be completely overwritten with the data of one page worth of sets (20 sets).

So, why am I telling you all this? This loading time may affect the behavior of macros for those of you who use equipment set macros and write macros that contain specific timings for set swaps.

Due to this, we expect that timing-wise the behavior will be different between the first time you change equipment and the second time onward. In most cases the loading should be so minor that there shouldn’t be any problem, but when executing this command in places where there is a lot of loading going on, there may be some effects.

However, I really don’t think that there are any occasions where you will swap out more than 20 different sets in a single battle, so this may just be worrying about nothing.

On a side-note, there have been requests asking to call on equipment sets by their names, but if we were to address this, the processing speed would definitely slow down regardless of whether it’s in the memory or not. This is because it would have to check every character string in order. (Numbers make the process much swifter.)

The more we increase the number of equipment sets the more noticeable this would become, so we’ve currently put off this aspect. Essentially it would result in feeling something close to that of the /itemsearch process.

So with all that said, while there are slight concerns, there really won’t be any large issues. We hope you’ll be able to put the new equipment sets to good use.
    (16)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Thanks Camate
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post

I guess I'm the 0.5% of ppl that's gear set fanatic and use 0 tools(including windower).
    Do you have any tips for flipping though palettes without getting lost?
    (1)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    I hate to be that guy, but I seriously don't know how you guys don't find swapping gear for every little thing a total chore. I just came back to the game (now that I finally have time to get something done) and the thought of needing to deal with this later on is a huge deterrent. I know you don't technically have to do it, but I wouldn't want to be dead weight in groups so I'd end up doing it in the end. If nothing else, isn't it annoying seeing your character phase in and phase out repeatedly while fighting? I'm not sure I could ever get used to that.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but I seriously don't know how you guys don't find swapping gear for every little thing a total chore. I just came back to the game (now that I finally have time to get something done) and the thought of needing to deal with this later on is a huge deterrent. I know you don't technically have to do it, but I wouldn't want to be dead weight in groups so I'd end up doing it in the end. If nothing else, isn't it annoying seeing your character phase in and phase out repeatedly while fighting? I'm not sure I could ever get used to that.
    The main thing I don't like about this is the amount of set-up that goes into it and inventory space woes. I know some people will do ANYTHING to minmax even if it means clearing out all 160 inventory spaces for equipment, but sometimes the benefit is just too marginal for the frustration involved in putting it together and getting it to work perfectly every time.

Outside of the fact that there is currently very minimal gear with special effects, I honestly prefer FFXIV's policy of not having gear swapping in combat (The only time ive ever wanted to do this in XIV on summoner where I often swap my jewelry to strengthen the pet I'm going to use- not being able to do it during a fight means if something goes wrong im screwed ). I don't have to devote as much inventory space to gear and I can focus more on just doing my job and doing it well.

Of course part of the reason I hated swapping gear was because I wanted to maintain a certain appearance. /lockstyle doesn't work well enough because you have to keep doing it every time you zone.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-26-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The main thing I don't like about this is the amount of set-up that goes into it and inventory space woes. I know some people will do ANYTHING to minmax even if it means clearing out all 160 inventory spaces for equipment, but sometimes the benefit is just too marginal for the frustration involved in putting it together and getting it to work perfectly every time.

Outside of the fact that there is currently very minimal gear with special effects, I honestly prefer FFXIV's policy of not having gear swapping in combat (The only time ive ever wanted to do this in XIV on summoner where I often swap my jewelry to strengthen the pet I'm going to use- not being able to do it during a fight means if something goes wrong im screwed ). I don't have to devote as much inventory space to gear and I can focus more on just doing my job and doing it well.

Of course part of the reason I hated swapping gear was because I wanted to maintain a certain appearance. /lockstyle doesn't work well enough because you have to keep doing it every time you zone.
    Yeah, I imagine that will be one of my main frustrations later on as well. I wasn't aware of the /lockstyle option. That's a shame it resets every time you zone. If they had an option to use it permanently, that'd be one less annoyance at least.
    (0)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast