Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    Yeah, I imagine that will be one of my main frustrations later on as well. I wasn't aware of the /lockstyle option. That's a shame it resets every time you zone. If they had an option to use it permanently, that'd be one less annoyance at least.
    On the bright side, I can't think of a single event where you zone out during the event so the blinking should be off during any event you're doing ...

You can also entirely shut off blinking now in the settings... but it makes everyone look like they are playing in their underwear... which I don't like.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

That's a shame it resets every time you zone.
    It also resets when you change your weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    but it makes everyone look like they are playing in their underwear... which I don't like.
    They changed that to lv1 RSE quite a while ago.
    (0)

I know you don't technically have to do it, but I wouldn't want to be dead weight in groups so I'd end up doing it in the end.
    I did it a bit at a time.

For example:

THF was my main job, so at first I just did THF gear swaps. A TP, and a WS set. Then I collected more gear and was able to go for an eva set. Then added a -PDT set and so on.

Then I chose the next job (might have been BLM) so I made a nuking set and a /heal set. Then I added enfeebling, then a cure set, stoneskin set (I doubt it's required these days), INT set for ele enfeebs, etc.

Doing it a bit at a time, and a job at a time takes a lot of the stress out of setting it all up.
    (3)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I hate to be that guy, but I seriously don't know how you guys don't find swapping gear for every little thing a total chore. I just came back to the game (now that I finally have time to get something done) and the thought of needing to deal with this later on is a huge deterrent. I know you don't technically have to do it, but I wouldn't want to be dead weight in groups so I'd end up doing it in the end. If nothing else, isn't it annoying seeing your character phase in and phase out repeatedly while fighting? I'm not sure I could ever get used to that.
    I honestly don't think you would be a dead weight if you don't do it for every single thing. As far as melee goes, the only thing I would make sure of is having what I call a brute force set, and an acc set. Most big events usually have a brd or a cor for acc anyway but if for whatever reason there isn't one, swap to the acc set. This is personally what I do for drk, plus a few magic swaps for absorb spells, drain, dread spikes etc.

Mage jobs I guess can be a bit more complicated though. I am a career DD mostly so not going to talk out of my ass about stuff I am not sure of. Recently I picked up whm and I know there are quite a few core swaps for that for buff enhancement, healing, cursna etc. But if you are a DD, you really don't have to go too crazy. The only time you would be a dead weight is if you are missing a tone and don't have an acc set to swap to.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Also anytime u change your weapon lockstyle resets, so mage jobs it doesnt always help
    (0)

Player
    My summoner is currently at 80 inventory slots and it would be at around 120 if I didn't restrain myself
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Genoxd View Post
    My summoner is currently at 80 inventory slots and it would be at around 120 if I didn't restrain myself
    My Summoner is at 95 items at the moment, thankfully the majority of that gear is shared with my other mage jobs so that goes into the wardrobe.
    (0)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkoko View Post
    I honestly don't think you would be a dead weight if you don't do it for every single thing. As far as melee goes, the only thing I would make sure of is having what I call a brute force set, and an acc set. Most big events usually have a brd or a cor for acc anyway but if for whatever reason there isn't one, swap to the acc set. This is personally what I do for drk, plus a few magic swaps for absorb spells, drain, dread spikes etc.

Mage jobs I guess can be a bit more complicated though. I am a career DD mostly so not going to talk out of my ass about stuff I am not sure of. Recently I picked up whm and I know there are quite a few core swaps for that for buff enhancement, healing, cursna etc. But if you are a DD, you really don't have to go too crazy. The only time you would be a dead weight is if you are missing a tone and don't have an acc set to swap to.
    That's good to hear. I've always been more of a melee/hybrid kind of guy, so classes like DRK, SAM, and RUN are some of the most interesting to me. The game has so much to offer that I can imagine it's well worth getting used to the gear swapping system. I do wish they'd make a permanent option for the /lockstyle thing though.

In any case, thanks for the responses everyone .
    (1)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    That's good to hear. I've always been more of a melee/hybrid kind of guy, so classes like DRK, SAM, and RUN are some of the most interesting to me. The game has so much to offer that I can imagine it's well worth getting used to the gear swapping system. I do wish they'd make a permanent option for the /lockstyle thing though.

In any case, thanks for the responses everyone .
    Agree. The /lockstyle thing needs to become a permanent effect rather one that dissipates after you zone. And not only for aesthetic purposes (which is important too) but because it's essential if they are going to start more actively encouraging people to swap gear during combat. Trying to heal someone who is constantly changing equipment is extremely annoying unless they use the /lockstyle command.

I hope they make doing this a top priority because I think it warrants it.

This game has a huge assortment of interesting and useful gear though. Far more so than many other games especially its counterpart where the gear consists of only giving you a few extra points into a stat and that's about it. Whoop Dee Doo. So I think this game does a good job at offering players a wide assortment of interesting and effective gear.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Do you have any tips for flipping though palettes without getting lost?
    I usually hover around 3 palettes, I put JA that doesn't use often enough far away. Sometimes I manually change sets before/mid event so I use less palette to avoid getting lost.
    (1)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast