Hello,

I own two musical furnishings (Timepiece and Harpsichord). The Harpsichord plays very loudly at 22:00, while the Timepiece plays extremely quietly. I'm actually almost unable to hear it. I tried adjusting the two sound volumes (Sound Effect and Music) in various combinations but in all cases the Timepiece simply was never well heard. Yet, at the same time the Harpsichord plays loudly and is clearly heard over the mog house music.

NOTE: I have access to FFXI running on various systems and all have the exact same result. Theses are:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64: Dell Precision Workstation 390 and Dell XPS 15 (L502X)
Windows 7 Ultimate x32: Dell Precision Workstation 390
Windows XP x32: Dell Inspiron 9300
PS2: Two real Playstation 2 systems
PS3: Two Playstation 3 systems (B01 and E01), which run PS2 games.

I was able to capture (using Frap) an example of this issue by taking a video of the Harpsichord and a separate one of the Timepiece. You can clearly hear the Harpsichord play and barely hear the Timepiece (which at one point seems completely quiet).

NOTES:

1) The Timepiece starts off at midnight / 18:00 with a loud chime, but the rest of its music is very quiet.
2) In the video the settings is max for both settings (effects and music).

I would be glad to forward the video to whomever desires to see them or post them where requested. I'm not wanting to show "the world" problems with FFXI and thus am not (till requested) posting these videos. Just ask. :-)

Thank you,

IBHalliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)