Results -9 to 0 of 30

Dev. Posts

Threaded View

The idea of debuffing is that its suppose to gimp you. Sorry, thats the idea of the entire ability. Maybe dispelling all buffs is a bit extreme when it comes to monster TP moves, but I think dispel is an adequate move for enemies to use. Its called strategy and I personally don't want to be the one to say it because being blunt and slightly rude isn't my style, but yah, deal with it. Dispel is there to weaken you, they give you buffs and give the possibility of them being removed... thats its intended effect for f**ks sake. Maybe SE simply chose the wrong wording when saying "required to perform its job" because now every idiot with a bone to pick is going to find a way to bend that wording like a defense lawyer looking for a way to twist it against them, but Dispel is suppose to be a pain in the butt, Dispel is suppose to DISPEL YOUR BUFFS, to that extension, its suppose to slow down your damage output, Dispel is suppose to remove buffs that increase your power. They have their reasons for RUN and PUP and they're acceptable, maybe for RUN moreso than PUP.

Its a tough choice for them when it comes to this type of choice, they added Reraise to undispellable buffs which I think was a good call, but adding every buff thats nothing more than a convenience is asinine, and I don't find "Dispel makes me weak" a good argument either since that was its intended effect.

In the end, this thread is plenty example that If one job gets an undispellable buff, then other jobs chime in wanting theirs, and soon, "Dispel" is a worthless ability when used by enemies. Everyone is chimming in claiming their job "Depends" on certain buffs and blah blah. Next we'll here THFs complaining their job depends on Conspirator, or SMN complaining their job depends on Avatar's Favor, DRK saying their job depends on Soul eater. Its silly people. While each of these buffs can define a purpose of the job, the job does not cease to function without them, and back when PUP was introduced and its intended design, without Maneuvers, Automatons would cease to function properly.

I imagine SE made the decision about RUN because for one they're a tank job, which is already a long dying art in XI, so a tank job without a shield constantly sacrificing DPS to put RUNs back up after a dispel would be dead on arrival, and for two, they depend on reducing magic damage to function as a tank, and their only means to do this is runes, if you look at it this way, runes are a RUNs shield, you can't dispel a PLD's shield, which a PLDs means of defense... (though equipment removal is another story, but equipment removal effects all frontline jobs equally, where as Dispel does not).

That said I'd be okay with SE adjusting Equipment Removal abilities to no longer target weapons, or at least the Sub weapon slot to protect PLD, thats the only "Turnabout is fair play" I'm going to give headway.
    (3)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-27-2014 at 10:35 PM.