Character
    Dismas
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

I have been receiving a POL error since the June 2014 update

After the June 2014 update I logged into POL viewer with no problem. When I selected FFXI from the menu it immediately takes me to an error prompt.

Error code:POL-1331
    Could not authenticate SSL certificate.
    The specified service cannot be used.

My immediate thoughts were there must of been an error with the update download or installation and reinstalled everything. This did not resolve the issue and I am still receiving this error after several attempts to reinstall.

I am on a home built PC that has been running this game with out issue prior to this update.

The PC is running Windows XP.
    ATI Radeon HD 3800 series graphic card

Internet provider is Comcast

I have only seen one reference to this error code by a user who was returning to the game. The thread shows resolved but no information on how this issue was resolved.

I am not a user returning to the game and my account has always been in good standing.

Please assist.
    (0)

Character
    Merlton
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

POL error 0019

I just logged into pol screen and I got an error code 0019 and wont update game and now I cant log in. please help
    (0)

Player
    My un-educated guess would be that you have to upgrade from Windows XP. (The OS went out of support by Microsoft in April/May).

For security reasons (i.e. no more OS updates from MS), other people have stopped supporting XP as well.
    (0)

Character
    Dismas
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMBie343 View Post
    My un-educated guess would be that you have to upgrade from Windows XP. (The OS went out of support by Microsoft in April/May).

For security reasons (i.e. no more OS updates from MS), other people have stopped supporting XP as well.
    Is there anyone out there playing on Windows XP without issues? Please chime in.
    (0)

SSL Certificate authentication errors can rely on a variety of factors. The most common is if your system clock is out of sync by more than 10 minutes verses the server you are authenticating to. It could also be that the issuer of the certificate has revoked it (which would affect us all), or your system has been told to no longer trust the certificate. SSL is to verify that the data you are accessing is being delivered by the official source, it's an ID check. PlayOnline Viewer is a fancy web browser limited to specific sites, so it uses SSL.

SquareEnix said last year that XP is no longer supported or tested by them, so you won't get an official answer here. XP is a dead OS that is no longer being updated. It is up to you to solve the problem unless you move to a supported OS. An SSL error that only you are getting means it's a problem with your system.
    (0)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am getting error code 5311 your password or square enix name are invalid ...sence i am asking here with my user name and password which work what is the problem... last time i changed the passwords 4times and did complete reinstall....... it needs to be addressed
    (0)