Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Is Adoulin worth buying now?

I came back about a month ago, I've been doing old missions, leveling NPC and doing some old content as a duo (sea/sky/salvage/Aby etc).

Is Adoulin worth buying for someone that will be duoing (in Eminence gear) or is it all full party/alliance content? Not counting the obvious things like story/areas. I'm just considering whether to buy or not buy based on gear I can obtain from the new endgame areas of which I will only be duoing.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    honestly think you are playing the wrong game if you only want to play solo/duo. To answer your quetstion: worth buying: yes, able to solo/duo: in most cases NO (which is a good thing)
    (2)

breakdown:

delve bosses; likely cannot be solo/duo'ed. best i've seen is trio'ed, and this is obviously not by the average player

delve nms; quite possible, but again, not with characters in eminence gear

skirmish; nobody actually bothers to solo/duo skirmish, but most of it is SO damn easy with a party of 6 that it might actually be possible.

reives; most lower tiers are duoable, some soloable. wildskeepers are obviously not, but they are server wide events. you don't need to organize those runs, just keep an eye out for the shouts and jump in on it.

coalition assignments; mostly solo/duoable but the rewards here are limited.

all that being said, it is not at all uncommon for people to shout a group together nowadays. so unless you're purposely avoiding other players, you should still be able to do most of adoulin little by little.

plus, i don't wanna be "this guy" but... it's 20 bucks man? and it's a big chunk of the game that's off the table for you. if you can afford 15$ a month for the subscription, you should just drop the 20$ one time to get as much out of that subscription as possible.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    breakdown:

delve bosses; likely cannot be solo/duo'ed. best i've seen is trio'ed, and this is obviously not by the average player

skirmish; nobody actually bothers to solo/duo skirmish, but most of it is SO damn easy with a party of 6 that it might actually be possible.

reives; most lower tiers are duoable, some soloable. wildskeepers are obviously not, but they are server wide events. you don't need to organize those runs, just keep an eye out for the shouts and jump in on it.

coalition assignments; mostly solo/duoable but the rewards here are limited.

all that being said, it is not at all uncommon for people to shout a group together nowadays. so unless you're purposely avoiding other players, you should still be able to do most of adoulin little by little.

plus, i don't wanna be "this guy" but... it's 20 bucks man? and it's a big chunk of the game that's off the table for you. if you can afford 15$ a month for the subscription, you should just drop the 20$ one time to get as much out of that subscription as possible.
    Thanks for the info.

The $20 isn't an issue, I can easily afford it but I don't like wasting money on something that is of little use to me. I didn't buy a few of the mini expansions for the same reason, "it's just $20" isn't really the point.
    (0)

The Collection often goes on sale on Steam and Amazon for $5-10, and unlocks everything.

Higher level gear from Adoulin is better than Sparks gear, and will make it easier to duo/solo some content. Upgraded Skirmish/Delve gear is usually better than reforged gear, depending on job.

Endgame is always focused on parties/alliances until it is no longer the current endgame. They have to have some aspect of the MMO that is still massively multiplayer to keep people interested. Adoulin likely won't become easier to do in lowman until they raise the item level limit and a new expansion.
    (0)

Wait a sec, even without going into adoulin, and even without joining a party, you can get 119 gear!

Do salvage/dynamis to make gil. Use gil to get a 119 weapon from Port Jeuno.

Do RoE to get sparks. Use sparks to get lvl 109 AF/Relic upgrade papers. Use gil from further dyna/salvage runs to buy the items required to upgrade your AF/Relic to 109. Rinse and repeat for 119.

Now onto the Adoulin question: Yes.

As Doombringer mentioned; Skirmish is likely soloable. Particularly due to the fact that you can use Trust in there now, so it's actually you, your friend and 3 Trusts. Even if you can only manage to solo Yorcia, and can't manage RaKa skirmishes, it's possible to farm enough wings from Yorcia to trade them to RaKa wings, and then trade them up to the KIs to make your armour 119. Then just buy the Wailing Stones to Augment it.

Oh, and as for Delve NMs, maybe you can't solo/duo bosses, but you can certainly solo many of the other Delve NMs, either inside or outside of the fractures (to farm Plasm).

If you can't manage to (or don't want to) join a PUG for delve bosses, there are people out there who will sell them to you.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Wait a sec, even without going into adoulin, and even without joining a party, you can get 119 gear!

Do salvage/dynamis to make gil. Use gil to get a 119 weapon from Port Jeuno.

Do RoE to get sparks. Use sparks to get lvl 109 AF/Relic upgrade papers. Use gil from further dyna/salvage runs to buy the items required to upgrade your AF/Relic to 109. Rinse and repeat for 119.

Now onto the Adoulin question: Yes.

As Doombringer mentioned; Skirmish is likely soloable. Particularly due to the fact that you can use Trust in there now, so it's actually you, your friend and 3 Trusts. Even if you can only manage to solo Yorcia, and can't manage RaKa skirmishes, it's possible to farm enough wings from Yorcia to trade them to RaKa wings, and then trade them up to the KIs to make your armour 119. Then just buy the Wailing Stones to Augment it.

Oh, and as for Delve NMs, maybe you can't solo/duo bosses, but you can certainly solo many of the other Delve NMs, either inside or outside of the fractures (to farm Plasm).

If you can't manage to (or don't want to) join a PUG for delve bosses, there are people out there who will sell them to you.
    A very incredible SCH can nearly solo shark, actually.
    (0)

Player
    Completely depends on the NM.

I dunno where you're getting this from, a lot of people duo/trio skirmish. They're also soloable, though Yorcia is a bit more difficult. Since the secondary loot pool is lotted on, it just means more loot for you.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    A very incredible SCH can nearly solo shark, actually.
    Is your point that it's possible to duo? Or just clarifying that even a very incredible SCH can't quite solo the Shark.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Is your point that it's possible to duo? Or just clarifying that even a very incredible SCH can't quite solo the Shark.
    A scholar made a video of himself soloing the shark, however, he had help from a Ranger during the magic resist phase simply due to the time restraints of Delve.

Thus, he "nearly" soloed it, but not quite.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast