Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Do salvage/dynamis to make gil. Use gil to get a 119 weapon from Port Jeuno.
    What are these weapons called? I have plenty of gil left over from when I used to play years ago so if gil is the method to obtain good gear (outside of mercs) then I'd love to hear it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 07-20-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    What are these weapons called? I have plenty of gil left over from when I used to play years ago so if gil is the method to obtain good gear (outside of mercs) then I'd love to hear it.
    Oboro's 119 JSE Weapons.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Thanks for the info.

The $20 isn't an issue, I can easily afford it but I don't like wasting money on something that is of little use to me. I didn't buy a few of the mini expansions for the same reason, "it's just $20" isn't really the point.
    You could have probably bought the entire game + Expansions + Mini expansions for like 20$ in the Vana'diel collection >_>
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    I dunno where you're getting this from, a lot of people duo/trio skirmish. They're also soloable, though Yorcia is a bit more difficult. Since the secondary loot pool is lotted on, it just means more loot for you.
    meh, in my circle when someone drops 2 million on a 5/5/5 raknar pop, we consider it a waste not to get all 6 of the personal pools. so we'll bring peoples mules and shit if we have to. that's what i meant when i said it doesn't seem like people bother to lowman it. not that you COULDN'T lowman a lot of it.

but either way this is still worth expanding on for OPs sake. the difficulty of "skirmish" varies WILDLY since it has 3 versions, and each version has 5 difficulties. my assessment of only PROBABLY being able to solo/duo it is from mid to high tier rakaznar. it generally gets easier from there. but at the other end of that spectrum, the lowest tier skirmishes are barely worth doing. maybe to pick up base weapons to upgrade to +2. but even once they reach +2 they're generally worse than the 119 delve weapons and often even the oboro weapons.

as for the almost soloed shark, i'm trying to keep it within the normal range. avesta soloed genbu at 75 but you wouldn't tell people back then "oh yah you can just solo genbu"
    (1)

Character
    Paridise
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Keep in mind that with Oboro the NPC in port jeuno.. you have to have a Delve win to make the weapon. and getting a delve win does require help with a party of 6 at min. Then you have the tast of buy the items. Delve items, REM 150, and crafted items as well. good luck on your choice.

EDIT :
    NPC Oboro: from bg wiki
    *Note: Players must have fulfilled at least one of the following prerequisites in order to create any iLv 119 job specific gear:
    Have obtained the title for any one of the Delve Megaboss NMs: Muyingwa Wingcrusher, Dakuwaqa Trawler, Tojil Douser, Cailimh Plumageplucker, Wopket Trunksplitter, or Utkux Peltburner
    Beaten any one of the 20SKCNMs on the "Difficult" or "Very Difficult" setting.
    Beaten any High-Tier Mission Battlefields on “Normal” or above difficulty.
    (0)
    Last edited by Paridise; 07-21-2014 at 11:39 PM.
    Paridise
    BYE BYE Carbuncle Hello New World
    99 ALL JOBS
    2100 BLM SCH BLU SMN RDM COR

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Paridise View Post
    Keep in mind that with Oboro the NPC in port jeuno.. you have to have a Delve win to make the weapon.
    No, you don't.
    (2)

there are requirements for oboro though, delve wins being one of them. you can also clear a skcnm on difficult or higher, or clear a revamped mission battlefield on normal or higher. those would likely be easier
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Wait a sec, even without going into adoulin, and even without joining a party, you can get 119 gear!

Do salvage/dynamis to make gil. Use gil to get a 119 weapon from Port Jeuno.

Do RoE to get sparks. Use sparks to get lvl 109 AF/Relic upgrade papers. Use gil from further dyna/salvage runs to buy the items required to upgrade your AF/Relic to 109. Rinse and repeat for 119.
    Yes, but depending on the job, reforged relic/artifcat isn't so good. I see more BLMs in Hagondes+1 (than anything else other than Sparks), which is EX, and you need to get the regular item from Skirmish and then upgrade in Adoulin to be level 119. Delve 119 weapons are EX. What I stated was that in some cases, Adoulin-exclusive equipment is better than anything you can get outside Adoulin. Empyrean reforge may upset this, as it affect many more job traits and abilities than Artifact or Relic did.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Yes, but depending on the job, reforged relic/artifcat isn't so good. I see more BLMs in Hagondes+1 (than anything else other than Sparks), which is EX, and you need to get the regular item from Skirmish and then upgrade in Adoulin to be level 119. Delve 119 weapons are EX. What I stated was that in some cases, Adoulin-exclusive equipment is better than anything you can get outside Adoulin. Empyrean reforge may upset this, as it affect many more job traits and abilities than Artifact or Relic did.
    My comment wasn't actually directed at you, it was just to point out that the OP is running around in 117 gear for no real reason.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Paridise View Post
    Keep in mind that with Oboro the NPC in port jeuno.. you have to have a Delve win to make the weapon. and getting a delve win does require help with a party of 6 at min. Then you have the tast of buy the items. Delve items, REM 150, and crafted items as well. good luck on your choice.

EDIT :
    NPC Oboro: from bg wiki
    *Note: Players must have fulfilled at least one of the following prerequisites in order to create any iLv 119 job specific gear:
    Have obtained the title for any one of the Delve Megaboss NMs: Muyingwa Wingcrusher, Dakuwaqa Trawler, Tojil Douser, Cailimh Plumageplucker, Wopket Trunksplitter, or Utkux Peltburner
    Beaten any one of the 20SKCNMs on the "Difficult" or "Very Difficult" setting.
    Beaten any High-Tier Mission Battlefields on “Normal” or above difficulty.
    Are any of these options open to duo with trusts (with spark gear)? Was thinking maybe the SKCNM 20s on D maybe?

I had a plan to slowly upgrade my gear so that I could do the group based content in the future, it seems that 119 is the minimum that you can do anything in this game anymore in a party based environment (especially on weapon). Since I have none of the needed clears and nobody does them anymore, gil is irrelevant and these weapons seem to not be a viable option right now.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast