Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Didgist
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90

Solution to "blinking"

This involves a menu, or even an on/off switch, where you select equipment from your inventory to be displayed in.

The game displays you wearing whatever you selected to be shown in. This would allow players to display their "Town Gear" in action, while giving mages and other support type jobs a much needed breather. Client side you would still blink/swap gear etc. but to other characters you wouldn't.

Blinking personally hasn't been an issue, but I think it would go a long way to preserving old achievements as well as promoting having your own sense of style.
    (7)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    First off i HATE it when melee blink and then get irritated that the 'mage' is not doing their job when they die, when they blink so bloody much that you target yourself and toss a totally useless cure 6 instead of saving their butts. Anyway! i think this would be a fun idea, i would love to fight in gear like the pumpkin head from the holloween event and still have the stats of my orison cap +1 on.
    (2)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    The issue to blinking is <p01> <p02> <a01> <a02> etc....

That said, wouldn't it just be easier to block the blink effect, and therefore the armour currently equipped when you select the target?
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
    First off i HATE it when melee blink and then get irritated that the 'mage' is not doing their job when they die, when they blink so bloody much that you target yourself and toss a totally useless cure 6 instead of saving their butts. Anyway! i think this would be a fun idea, i would love to fight in gear like the pumpkin head from the holloween event and still have the stats of my orison cap +1 on.
    Because that is not a valid excuse. If they die because the mage can't target them, it is 100% the mage's fault.

Why? Because you don't need to be targeted to be cured. There is MORE than 1 way around it. If you cure using the most inefficient method, then yes, you are a bad mage.

[QUOTE][ The issue to blinking is <p01> <p02> <a01> <a02> etc..../QUOTE]
    There is also <stpt> and <Stal> which lets you pick the person directly from the pt/ally list w/o having to target them at all and them changing gear has 0 affect on the cure.

If someone dies on your watch and you blame blinking, you are a terrible mage.

Step your stuff up.
    (9)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    no its not always the mage stop blameing us. old senario kirin melee 40% health run @ kirin whorlwind blink ws dead /poing and lol
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    no its not always the mage stop blameing us. old senario kirin melee 40% health run @ kirin whorlwind blink ws dead /poing and lol
    Blinking should never be the reason a DD dies. Again, how could you not cure someone blinking w/ <stpt>, <stal>, <p01> <p02> <a01> <a02>.

If they're not in your party, you can even type their name

/ma "Cure V" Cream

and put that in a macro.

IF the mage is prepared, there is no reason anyone should ever die due to blinking problems, ever.

If you're a mediocre mage, then yea, if people don't want to die, then they'll have to adjust their play style, but at that point, I'd just replace the mage before I'd replace the play style. Nobody should have to lower their performance so that you can be lazy.
    (8)

Character
    Didgist
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Name one other MMO where swapping gear causes your character to blink and shed everyone's targeting of them. This would completely destroy people in PVP, something that FFXI hasn't been able to expand on due to forced gear locking. I am not the biggest MMO player but 1-2 second full character blink only still exists in FFXI unless I am mistaken. Personally, I love the game as it is and just have fun with content as it is added, and would prefer things the way they are.

However a lot of DD and Tanks decide to blame players for the oversight or limits of the Development Team. It is not XWhite Mages fault you blink and people miss target on you, it's the coders who never went back and fixed a massive hole in battle mechanics. What White Mage has 4 pallettes dedicated to just casting Cure 5 and Cure 6? How is this efficient? How do you quickly sort through 40 macros looking for one that is not named, only numbered?

Implementing this system would allow for gear swaps during Ballista, alleviate issues with player targeting, and overall really iron out a long standing issue in this game.

As you can see, it causes a lot of misguided arguements.
    (2)
    Last edited by Didgist; 04-01-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I said <stpt> not <stpc>.

<stpt> and <stal> work directly from the pt list. You never target the person in the entire process, so blinking has 0 effect on it.

Maybe you should try it sometime and learn how it works (as well as read the post, as nobody said <stpc> until you came along) and you won't make a fool of yourself when you post.

Edit:
    It is not XWhite Mages fault you blink and people miss target on you,
    When they don't have to target you at all to cure you, what does targeting have to do with it?
    (5)

Character
    Didgist
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    I said <stpt> not <stpc>.

<stpt> and <stal> work directly from the pt list. You never target the person in the entire process, so blinking has 0 effect on it.

Maybe you should try it sometime and learn how it works (as well as read the post, as nobody said <stpc> until you came along) and you won't make a fool of yourself when you post.

Edit:
    When they don't have to target you at all to cure you, what does targeting have to do with it?
    I'm just saying anyone who complains about mages when you can easily make your own is definitely worthless to other players and is the exact reason I do everything myself.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't complain about mages. I just replace them.

It's the mages here complaining about the swaps. Not the people here complaining about the mages.
    (0)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast