Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    20 macro books with 10 pallets per book.

You're right. There is no need to rewrite macros.
    (0)

Character
    Mikobiko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Would never suggest using 3rd party stuff. Just stated that they had a great way of handling it that I think is perfect and couldn't have been too hard if they did it.
    (0)

We brought this matter up with the development team and we were informed that unfortunately it’s not possible to change. As many of you have stated previously (in other threads as well) it is possible to prevent targeting problems through the use of certain macros ( stpc, etc.). We encourage and recommend that you utilize these as a way to avoid targeting issues with frequent blinkers.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Didgist View Post
    Name one other MMO where swapping gear causes your character to blink and shed everyone's targeting of them. This would completely destroy people in PVP, something that FFXI hasn't been able to expand on due to forced gear locking. I am not the biggest MMO player but 1-2 second full character blink only still exists in FFXI unless I am mistaken. Personally, I love the game as it is and just have fun with content as it is added, and would prefer things the way they are.
    There's only two games I know of that allow gear-swaps mid-combat. This one and Lineage II. L2 doesn't have the character blink, so that part is a non-issue. Since FFXI's UI has to reload the whole character whenever gear is changed, it is really the only MMO that has this problem.

That being said, it was a bad move to design so much of the game around swapping gear, because it does create issues (both on the end of inventory space, not to mention ruining any semblance of immersion and making things harder for people that are not keyboard masters or who can't quickly type things in mid-combat due to the blinking itself).

PS: Stop blaming the mages. This is purely a design issue that we happen to get hit by more than other classes.
    (3)
    Last edited by Duelle; 04-05-2011 at 05:47 AM.

You know, when a mob casts on us as players we are temporarily stunned for all intents and purposes. I think this is why malicious players used to be able to interrupt crafters by casting, too. If the same mechanic applied to friendly casts, "blinking" players wouldn't be able to blink out of your cure.

Other possibility, once the casting command has hit the server it is "in queue", meaning regardless of what the paper doll does the spell will proc, barring caster interrupt, which will also go "in queue." And there is a queue; if you get hit via DoT to take you to 0 but should also regen at that same time, the kill shot goes through first, the regen after, not a straight take DoT for -7, regen for +10=3 point regen/tick, so if your HP is 6 at the time it ticks, you die.
    (1)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Like you said:

Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    There's only two games I know of that allow gear-swaps mid-combat.
    That only you know of^_-

But I agree on the swapping of gears. Its annoying. You should get a "bonus" from locking gear at MH or something.
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

I am just wondering why DEVs says that it isn't -possible- to change. Not technically possible? Cannot be true as we all know that certain tools allow players to perform a such thing. If something can be performed by a third party tool, how come it cannot be implemented natively?

I am not encouraging anyone to use third party tools don't get me wrong. That's a violation and can get you banned.

Yet I have a hard time accepting such an answer : "not possible". I wouldn't mind if DEVs were saying "We want players to re-acquire their target manually everytime". But saying that is isn't possible is like saying that Final Fantasy XI will never be playable in Windowed mode on PC...
    (5)

Character
    Mikobiko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I am with Antipika, if there is tools that do this, and can do it flawlessly. I do not buy into your it's not possible.
    (3)

Character
    Valienta
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    ... certain macros ( stpc, etc.)...
    <stpc> is great start but I would like to see the F# keys work when in that mode then it would be 100% indistinguishable between the 2.
    (2)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I understand why it can be hard and such but I do not understand why people can work around it and make thier own programs for it ( blink me not i think it is called?) but SE can't
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast