Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    People need to start using <stal>.

This was added specifically to help people deal with blinking.
    (3)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Oh wow. I never thought we'd agree on anything
    (3)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    As i have multiple jobs leveled for different things that cover the spectrum of jobs in this game, support DD cure buff whatever i have gotten myself killed blinking too much on my DD jobs, and i have tossed useless cures on myself because some melee i manually targeted out of the alliance list changed gear when i hit cure and <stal> just helps you Toggle to someone in alliance which i already do manually, and making a macro set change for every single person in your alliance sounds like the most inefficiant thing i've ever heard of since even someone zoning can change the way the party list is oriented. Typing it in, if your tossing cures at the rate i do... is a total pain the ass.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    <stal> just helps you Toggle to someone in alliance which i already do manually,
    More people who don't know how <stal> works.

Manual toggle and <stal> are not the same thing. Manual toggle actually changes what you're targeting. You can keep player 2 targeted and cure player 3 w/o ever changing target w/ <stal>, which is why blinking doesn't matter, because you never target that person.

As far as curing people outside of the alliance goes, and your comment on making individual macros for people is inefficient, the person you're curing not being in your alliance to begin with is very inefficient.
    (4)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    I said <stpt> not <stpc>.

<stpt> and <stal> work directly from the pt list. You never target the person in the entire process, so blinking has 0 effect on it.

Maybe you should try it sometime and learn how it works (as well as read the post, as nobody said <stpc> until you came along) and you won't make a fool of yourself when you post.

Edit:
    When they don't have to target you at all to cure you, what does targeting have to do with it?

Actually, I've had the cures fail with <stpt> <stal> when I was targeting myself and selecting someone else. When I blinked the target was on me and depoped. I've also had a problem where in congested abby parties where I could use <stpt> and <stal> just fine but the player wasn't spawned so it treated them as too far away even though I was standing right next to them.

You lack knowledge about how some platforms and systems react. Not everyone has the same advantages/disadvantages. All SE needs to do is create an option >>

/noswap on

Bam problem fixed when a character changes gear the system will ignore all visual gear updates.

using >>

/noswap off

Would force an update and re-enable auto updates on gear swaps.

Currently anytime someone changes gear the *client* forces and update. If that feature could be turned off then it wouldn't be an issue for anyone. Currently if you swap belts an nonn-visble gear you don't see blinking. THe reason you see blinking is because visible gear was swapped and had a forced update. This is all very simple to fix at the client side.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sarick; 04-04-2011 at 03:11 AM. Reason: extra info, typo

Character
    Dmer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The solution is <stpt> <stal>. I have played WHM at all end-game events for years now, And I have not complained about blinking since these variables were added. Blinking is no longer an excuse for bad healers. Update your macros and stop making these threads, please.

Now if SE could make some way for PT members to not run away from my Pro/Shellra casts I would be even happier. ^^
    (4)
    99: WHM | RDM | SCH | SMN | BLM | BRD | BLU | DNC | BST | MNK
    90: PLD | WAR | SAM

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmer View Post
    The solution is <stpt> <stal>. I have played WHM at all end-game events for years now, And I have not complained about blinking since these variables were added. Blinking is no longer an excuse for bad healers. Update your macros and stop making these threads, please.

Now if SE could make some way for PT members to not run away from my Pro/Shellra casts I would be even happier. ^^
    The solution is not fixed yet.
    Situations like these still exist. >>

#1 Outside healing, a mage can't use <stal> or <stpt>
    #2 If you are a mage like RDM there aren't enough macros to have all the Erase, Silena, para, etc macroed. So these aren't main job macroed.
    #3 The keyboard shortcuts F1 to F6 only work if you're in a party.

Some spells and situations need to use <t> or menued. These instances are incompatible with <stpt> and <stal>. The <stpc> will work but it has the same blinking issues. The ability to disable gear updates is a 100% fix no strings attached it'd just block blinking.

I can't believe you read what I posted and think it's fixed.
    (4)
    Last edited by Sarick; 04-04-2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: fixed

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So the solution to blinking is to rewrite your macros every single time?
    (1)

Character
    Mikobiko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The windower team solved this ages ago using what I still feel is the best method.

When in combat, you would not blink and you would stay visually the same no matter what gear changed. After combat it would update to the new stuff. Seems like the easiest solution to the matter.
    (2)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Rewriting macros and using 3rd party tools aren't solutions for everyone.

Why would you need to rewrite macros?

Like I said best fix is a vary simple client side option to disable the forced updates. It'd be equal to the option to put damage to screen, text box or both wouldn't alter anything but cosmetics.
    (0)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast