Adventuring Fellow - Minor Suggestions and AI updates.

I know Adventuring Fellow suggestions have been brought up a few times here on the forums, a lot of them asking big things, a lot asking small. I've been playing a lot with NPCs and trusts, and I know Adventuring Fellows were not meant to be super powerful, and frankly as 119 they're pretty on par with other trusts.. but my suggestions don't really go into "Make dem more powerfuls", but more into their basic AI.

What that means is, each Trust has its own AI and quirks, and while the Adventuring Fellow has 3 "jobs", its AI is pretty dated. My suggestion would be only an improvement to their AI and borrowing some things Trusts have Introduced.

So to the matter and hand, here's what I suggest for Adventuring Fellows, a hopefully easy to implement idea.

Adjustments to AI of Fierce Attack.
    *Will use Berserk and Aggressor.
    *Possibly add "Hasso" when wielding with 2 hands.

Adjustments to AI of Stalwart Defender.
    *Will use Sentinel and Defender
    *Perhaps add "Shield Bash" to their abilities with shield equipped.

Adjustments to AI of Soothing Healer
    *Afflatus Solace
    *Use of Pro-Shellra V.

Adjustments to AI of All three jobs
    *Addition of Merit Weaponskills to their list of weaponskills. Perhaps Purchaseable through "Fellow Points"

Those are the basic adjustments I mean. Not changing their jobs or anything fancy, just borrowing the concept of Job Ability use from Trust NPCs, making our Adventuring fellow feel more like their job.

That said, you could always add a third "Tier" of jobs, I.e "Savage Attacker", an improved fierce attacker with access to the Job Abilities I described, and perhaps better Weaponskilling AI (I.E uses stronger WS more frequently).

Anyway, thats all for this short train of thought. Making NPCs scale to 119 with us was a great idea, I'm hoping these suggestion are minor enough they could devote someone to them without causing too much time issues.
    (11)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-19-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I "liked" the OP and I think they are good suggestions.

Would be nice if they added new items available for our Fellow Points, not just for our Fellow, but in the "items for myself" category too. I have a million fellow points but nothing to spend them on, as I already got the equipment set and capped everything I wanted on my Fellow. Would be nice if we could spend those "items for myself" points on special ra-ex event-style clothing, furnishings etc.

I would also really like to see SE add fellow-specific armor and weapons that you can buy with FP, gear that your Fellow can wear and look stylish. Some really ferocious-looking greatsword, or some cool mage armor. Some gear that perhaps is unique to Fellows.

Quite honestly I think Trusts are way more powerful than Fellows right now, but I still prefer to adventure with my Fellow because I met him in 2006~ and have a lot of history with him. But its a bit sad that he is still using weak-looking weapons and bison gear at 119 lol.

(1)
    Last edited by Stompa; 07-24-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I "liked" the OP and I think they are good suggestions.

Would be nice if they added new items available for our Fellow Points, not just for our Fellow, but in the "items for myself" category too. I have a million fellow points but nothing to spend them on, as I already got the equipment set and capped everything I wanted on my Fellow. Would be nice if we could spend those "items for myself" points on special ra-ex event-style clothing, furnishings etc.

I would also really like to see SE add fellow-specific armor and weapons that you can buy with FP, gear that your Fellow can wear and look stylish. Some really ferocious-looking greatsword, or some cool mage armor. Some gear that perhaps is unique to Fellows.

Quite honestly I think Trusts are way more powerful than Fellows right now, but I still prefer to adventure with my Fellow because I met him in 2006~ and have a lot of history with him. But its a bit sad that he is still using weak-looking weapons and bison gear at 119 lol.

I've made a few suggestion for the 'Items for myself' category back when items for 1-99 was useful... but, they introduced stuff like that with RoE, though no R/EX Gear, but simply gear for each level. Still, if I could repeat it, I'd say the armor for myself should be nice bonuses for player and NPC... since Adventuring Fellows actually have armor that buffs them, unlike trusts, it would be nice if SE introduced some armor that helped Adventuring Fellows.

I mean, it could be something like this now...

Level 50 Sets
    Healer Example:

Healers Robe
    MND+2 INT+2
    Healing Potency +2%
    Fellow: MP+15 MND+3
    Healing Potency +3%

Tank Example:

Defenders Chainmail
    HP+20 VIT+4 Acc+4
    Fellow: HP+40 VIT+8
    Damage Taken -2%

DD Example:

Attacker's Harness
    STR+2 DEX+2 Acc+2 Attack+2
    Fellow: STR+4 DEX+4 Acc+4
    Attack+4
    Weaponskill Damage +3%

Level 99 (I.level 113?)
    It should be noted that Adventuring Fellows gain I.lv Stats as you do, so the bonuses below would be in additional to the normal I.lv bonuses

Healer Example

Soothing Briault
    STR+9 DEX+9 VIT+9 AGI+9 MND+18
    INT+18 CHR+18 Evasion/Magic Evasion
    Cure Casting time -4%
    Cure Potency +8%
    Haste+4%
    Fellow: MND+20 INT+20
    Cure Casting Time -8%
    Cure Potency +12%
    Haste +4%

**In the end, the full set would give the NPC ~25% Casting time, ~40% Cure potency, Haste+20%.

Tank Example:

Stalwarts Cuirass
    HP+40 MP+20 STR+18 DEX+18 VIT+18 AGI+18
    MND+12 INT+9 CHR+9 Eva/Meva
    Accuracy +15 Haste+4%
    Physical Damage Taken -4%
    Fellow: HP+80 MP+40 STR+5 VIT+5
    Accuracy +20
    Damage Taken -6%
    Haste+5%

*Full set would give the fellow about +250HP, Accuracy+40, Damage Taken-25%, and haste +25%

DD Set example:

Fierce Haubergeon
    HP+30 MP+30 STR+20 DEX+20 VIT+20 AGI+20
    MND+9 INT+9 CHR+9 Eva/Meva
    Accuracy +10 Attack+10
    Haste+5%
    Fellow: STR+7 DEX+7 Acc+5 Attack+5
    Weaponskilll Damage +6%

*In the end, for the Fellow this set would give STR+25 DEX+25 Acc+30 Attack+30 Weaponskill Damage+20%
    (2)

Greetings,

There are no plans at the moment to make adjustments to adventuring fellows. If we hear anything, I will let you know.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Its a shame, but understandable, I imagine they're focusing on endgame content and such... I hope they consider making minor tweaks to Fellow AI eventually though
    (1)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Wish trusts at least cured adventuring fellows.
    (1)

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Could you at least make it so that you can buy Miratete's Memoires in bulk? A buddy and I have over 300k fellow points and don't wanna buy them one by one.
    (2)