Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50

+Weapon Skill on a weapon not showing on character stats page

I'm not sure if this is actually a problem with something I've not done, or merely cosmetic.

I hit 99 last night for the first time and equipped the Sparks axe on my BST and the scimitar on my RDM characters.

Both weapons have +weapon skill (+215 IIRC) as well as +Parry and/or +Evasion. When I look at my character stats in the Profile|Combat Skills page I see their Parry skills are now well over 400 but their weapon skill (Axe and Sword respectively) are the same as before they equip the weapon.

The ATK numbers are hugely increased and the damage done is correspondingly higher so the +Weapon seems to be being applied, yet the BST's Axe skill is still 389 which is what it was when he was 95.

Is this simply a stat display issue or is there something I have to do (Merits?) to unlock something?

Cheers.
    (0)

Player
    It doesn't add +Skill to your character, like a piece of equipment would.

This is likely due to how offhand skill is handled, if you have a offhand axe with less + Weapon Skill then you receive less attack and accuracy for your offhand. but if it added to your +Skill in the menu it'd show up as +400, when in actuality it's the equivalent to +200 on your main hand and +188 on your offhand.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    They really should have come up with something less confusing, but I guess that barn door is closed for good.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    I'm not sure if this is actually a problem with something I've not done, or merely cosmetic.

I hit 99 last night for the first time and equipped the Sparks axe on my BST and the scimitar on my RDM characters.

Both weapons have +weapon skill (+215 IIRC) as well as +Parry and/or +Evasion. When I look at my character stats in the Profile|Combat Skills page I see their Parry skills are now well over 400 but their weapon skill (Axe and Sword respectively) are the same as before they equip the weapon.

The ATK numbers are hugely increased and the damage done is correspondingly higher so the +Weapon seems to be being applied, yet the BST's Axe skill is still 389 which is what it was when he was 95.

Is this simply a stat display issue or is there something I have to do (Merits?) to unlock something?

Cheers.
    They said when they introduced iLeve equipment that skill levels gained from weapons would not show up in the player information. You get the effect of the skills being there on your accuracy and damage, but they don't show in the skill level information, because they aren't applied in that way so that jobs that shouldn't have certain weaponskills can't get them unlocked because of the weapon. They didn't want jobs with a D rating in a weapon to be able to have the A-level weaponskills. If it shows in that menu, it counts to unlock weaponskills.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    They said when they introduced iLeve equipment that skill levels gained from weapons would not show up in the player information. You get the effect of the skills being there on your accuracy and damage, but they don't show in the skill level information, because they aren't applied in that way so that jobs that shouldn't have certain weaponskills can't get them unlocked because of the weapon. They didn't want jobs with a D rating in a weapon to be able to have the A-level weaponskills. If it shows in that menu, it counts to unlock weaponskills.
    Complete nonsense. Weaponskills are locked out to certain jobs only, not simply generic by skill.

The only reason that it is how it is, is because of Dual Wield.

If you equip a 119 dagger in main and off-hand, you'd have +484 skill showing in the menu if it didn't work how it does. It's like this because the stats are worked out individually for main and off-hand.

On that note, I never understood why they didn't just make it work normally for 2H and H2H.
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    It doesn't add +Skill to your character, like a piece of equipment would.
    Okay, I accept that's the case but I don't see the difference between the weapon +skill which isn't shown and the +parry which is.

That's why I was confused, the apparent inconsistency.

Thanks for at least explaining that I'm not missing anything.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    Okay, I accept that's the case but I don't see the difference between the weapon +skill which isn't shown and the +parry which is.

That's why I was confused, the apparent inconsistency.

Thanks for at least explaining that I'm not missing anything.
    Parry+ is only from the main hand due to how it's calculated(you only ever parry with your main hand) but skill for the weapon itself is determined by the individual hands since you attack with both separately.
    (0)