Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    Player Kavik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    254
    Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

    Griffinclaw Uriel Blade and Plds

    The weaponskills from the campaign weapons need to be available to the jobs that can use the campaign weapons. Uriel Blade in particular would be a great asset to plds. An AoE flash on a sword would not be overpowered in the hate department and pld already has Circle Blade for the AoE Factor. There is just no reason other than letting NPCs have something players cannot obtain (other than in campaign battle). Or at the very least make a 119 weapon that has this ability on it. An 'easily undertaken' quest, which would still be a lot of work, for this ws would be to do a certain number of uriel blades while in campaign battle. Starting from scratch and working off a 5 day re-eval deadline, it would take someone 100 days just to be able to buy the sword. For those of us that have been playing forever and already have a high medal rank we could do it quite easily. Which would make it a good nod to those of us who have been playing through all the content both recent and old. I'm sure this applies to other jobs/weapons as well, but i'm main job pld, and pld is the only one of my lvled jobs i truly enjoy.

    Total side note: Crusade needs to be an increase in enmity cap, not an increase in enmity gain. I can see the point of not just giving any certain job an enmity cap over everyone elses, there may be an instance where you don't want your pld to have absolute enmity, but were crusade to be a hate cap boost it would become optional to have more enmity or the same amount as all other jobs.
    (7)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain


  2. #2
    Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    124

    Agreed

    I agree 100%!
    (1)

  3. #3
    Community Rep Camate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    Greetings,

    We do not have any plans at the moment to unlock Uriel Blade for use outside of Campaign.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
    Total side note: Crusade needs to be an increase in enmity cap, not an increase in enmity gain. I can see the point of not just giving any certain job an enmity cap over everyone elses, there may be an instance where you don't want your pld to have absolute enmity, but were crusade to be a hate cap boost it would become optional to have more enmity or the same amount as all other jobs.
    While we will not be making adjustments to Crusade, we will be increasing the cap for the amount of enmity effect that can be gained by equipment and other avenues in the next version update.

    With this, you’ll be able to attain an even higher amount of enmity when combining Crusade and equipment with “enmity +” on it making it possible for paladin to maintain enmity on their target.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

  4. #4
    Player Kavik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    254
    Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    While I'm disappointed about Uriel Blade I'm immensely glad to hear about the enmity changes. I look forward to the changes this will bring to tanks ability to do their jobs.
    (1)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain


  5. #5
    Player Aeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    137
    Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

    We do not have any plans at the moment to unlock Uriel Blade for use outside of Campaign.



    While we will not be making adjustments to Crusade, we will be increasing the cap for the amount of enmity effect that can be gained by equipment and other avenues in the next version update.

    With this, you’ll be able to attain an even higher amount of enmity when combining Crusade and equipment with “enmity +” on it making it possible for paladin to maintain enmity on their target.
    Can you please elaborate on this? What I'm taking from that statement is that you are increasing the gear enmity cap above 100. Once again and I may be wrong , but it sounds like you are just adjusting the rate at which enmity is generated in terms of the amount per action. This will do NOTHING for when hate is capped for all dds. The only thing that matters once hate is capped is round delay because all actions generally produce enough enmity to recap the individual. Tanks and I mean all tanks need some type of mechanic either lower their attack delay (lower then a mnk) I can understand a negative attack penalty if you decide to go this route or a X amount of time hate lock mechanic ma/ja. While your at it make it so cover can be applied alliance wide and is on a lower cool down.
    (8)

  6. #6
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    Can you please elaborate on this? What I'm taking from that statement is that you are increasing the gear enmity cap above 100. Once again and I may be wrong , but it sounds like you are just adjusting the rate at which enmity is generated in terms of the amount per action. This will do NOTHING for when hate is capped for all dds. The only thing that matters once hate is capped is round delay because all actions generally produce enough enmity to recap the individual. Tanks and I mean all tanks need some type of mechanic either lower their attack delay (lower then a mnk) I can understand a negative attack penalty if you decide to go this route or a X amount of time hate lock mechanic ma/ja. While your at it make it so cover can be applied alliance wide and is on a lower cool down.
    This is what I was getting from this as well, and honestly, it's not going to be enough.

    I'd rather see Enmity decay from attacks and damage at a steady rate, higher for non-tank jobs.

    Currently, the enmity gained from a 5000 dmg ws, which isn't rare, generates a lot of enmity quickly. Then white damage.

    I'd be curious to know if the standard damage multiplier for this is adjusted for ilvl equipment, presumably if it does then a 5000 dmg ws generates 0.3*80*5000/161.5 (Though I'm assuming that the standard dmg is floored), or 743 enmity/10,000. Attack speed for party content is insane, ws rate is insane, so capping CE is trivial. Getting hit for 1100dmg only resets this by 1042. Basically, it'd cap again in seconds.

    The enmity changes have been half measures and they need a proper fix.

    What I'd LOVE at this point, what I think is desperately needed, it some kind of sub-jobbable way to shed Enmity, like Enmity douse. Because hell, black mage does NOT need enmity douse, but most other jobs absolutely do.
    (4)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-19-2014 at 09:49 AM.

  7. #7
    Player Aeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    137
    Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    This is what I was getting from this as well, and honestly, it's not going to be enough.

    I'd rather see Enmity decay from attacks and damage at a steady rate, higher for non-tank jobs.

    Currently, the enmity gained from a 5000 dmg ws, which isn't rare, generates a lot of enmity quickly. Then white damage.

    I'd be curious to know if the standard damage multiplier for this is adjusted for ilvl equipment, presumably if it does then a 5000 dmg ws generates 0.3*80*5000/161.5 (Though I'm assuming that the standard dmg is floored), or 743 enmity/10,000. Attack speed for party content is insane, ws rate is insane, so capping CE is trivial. Getting hit for 1100dmg only resets this by 1042. Basically, it'd cap again in seconds.

    The enmity changes have been half measures and they need a proper fix.
    You're absolutely right the changes have been half measures. They need to go in to ever job and set individual job enmity multipliers. They need to give players more incentive to use -enmity gear or raise the cap on -enmity to 100. This is basically what rng can achieve with decoy shot and their relic so I see no reason to have the -enmity cap anymore. Non-tank jobs need a significant modification to enmity decay rate. They could even have it so that -enmity gear effected enmity decay rate which would actually give them a reason to use it for when the hit the enmity cap to decrease their own enmity while still being able to attack. The trick would be to make it so that when the -enmity gear was on the amount of enmity lost through decay was greater then the gain from auto attacking. The DD would be unable to ws during this time because of the amount of enmity generated of course because of this the amount of decay per tick would have to be very substantial when -enmity gear was equipped.

    In order for the above adjustment to take place however we would have to see an increase in the enmity cap. DDs capped enmity wayyyyyyyy too fast for any kind of control to take place through gear at this time. You could probably set up something with gearswap but the average player would be unable to account for such changes fast enough I think.
    (1)
    Last edited by Aeron; 07-19-2014 at 09:59 AM.

  8. #8
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Increasing the cap on gear +enmity which is incredibly hard to cap and not all that useful to begin with... great this completely solves the problem of everyone having capped hate the entire fight <.<
    (4)

  9. #9
    Player Byrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,172
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, it depends. This could do a few things:
    1) Sentinel appears to give +100 equipment enmity for some reason, so currently there's no point in using Enmity gear during Sentinel. This change will likely let us benefit from Enmity gear worn during Sentinel, which should let us build hate faster. If they raise the cap to +200 Enmity, for instance, then we could build hate 1.5x faster during Sentinel.
    2) SE mentioned that Enmity affects CE loss from damage now, but they did not provide specifics. It is possible that PLD will be able to eliminate CE loss from damage when stacking enough Enmity after the update that Camate spoke of.

    If those two things are both true, PLD could cap CE quickly using Sentinel and then basically just ride it out for the rest of the fight with high frequency VE spam (like hasted sword hits, for instance).
    (3)

  10. #10
    Player Aeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    137
    Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Well, it depends. This could do a few things:
    1) Sentinel appears to give +100 equipment enmity for some reason, so currently there's no point in using Enmity gear during Sentinel. This change will likely let us benefit from Enmity gear worn during Sentinel, which should let us build hate faster. If they raise the cap to +200 Enmity, for instance, then we could build hate 1.5x faster during Sentinel.
    2) SE mentioned that Enmity affects CE loss from damage now, but they did not provide specifics. It is possible that PLD will be able to eliminate CE loss from damage when stacking enough Enmity after the update that Camate spoke of.

    If those two things are both true, PLD could cap CE quickly using Sentinel and then basically just ride it out for the rest of the fight with high frequency VE spam (like hasted sword hits, for instance).
    Ok while this is true, it is only valuable at the beginning of the fight. I have tried to use this scenario before and it doesn't work. I have a 70 enmity build that I use with crusade to get 100 enmity which should mean that I'm not losing CE. Even having locked CE mnks are still able to pull hate once the hate cap is reached. Its all about delay at that point and pld doesn't get innate access to job haste which is what the job desperately needs in capped hate situations. Acc becomes a huge issue as well because the set that I have to use to achieve 100enmity with crusade sucks for acc too.

    Oh on a side note of delay is there any way that the Devs could look into lowering the delay of Burtgang 264 is really high. The sword would sever a better function in terms of hated capped situations if the delay was lower.
    (2)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast