Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Camate, is it possible for the devs to consider a job trait/ability for paladins so that when they cast cure on another party member some of that PC's enmity is transferred to the paladin based on the amount cured?
    (4)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think this is a really good idea. I already heal other party members sometimes and if you aren't going to give all jobs hate reduction tools might as well give tanks (plds/runs/nin) the ability to reduce the total enmity that other party members have while adding it to the tanks own total value. Though if they do this can they please provide plds and nins the ability through gear to reach the fast cast cap.

Edit: Just read Camate's post and I have to say wow. I am very excited to see how these adjustments translate. Thank you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aeron; 07-31-2014 at 06:17 AM.

Giving THF a way to shed enmity... after all these years... all the suggestions I have personally made, as well as others... I'm happy to see they're considering this.

If i may be as bold... Theres a few ways you can do this...

"Innocent" -Shed (25/50%) of your enmity.

"Accuse" - Plants 25% of your enmity on target player.
    "Frame" - Plants 50% of your enmity on target player.

These kinds of abilities would be nice for THFs role in enmity control... or if you're thinking something like "Hide" Shedding enmity... I'm okay with that so long as it sheds enmity regardless of being spotted or not.
    (5)

Character
    Sekhmet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello, everyone!

[*]Rune fencer
    While we do not have any plans at the moment to make adjustments to rune fencer’s abilities in the same way we will for paladin, we would like to look into adjustments based on feedback after the August version update.
    [/list]
    Camate, I love Rune Fencer, it's my current favorite job. That said, I am rather disappointed to see no current plans to deal with Rune Fencer's enmity issues. On my server, very few ls's even give Run the time of day, because mainly of their inability to maintain enmity. I often get passed over as a potential tank, even on NM's that use a lot of magic damage, which Run was made for.

I understand that your gonna wait and see what happens to Pld with the august adjustments, and I understand there's a lot of things the dev's need to take into consideration with enmity in general and Run in particular. But I would like to pass on my opinion that Run needs a innate enmity tool, like Provoke. In fact, I don't see the issue with giving a provoke-like ability for all the tank jobs, I.E. Pld, Nin, Run. If subbing those jobs is an issue, perhaps make it an over level 50 ability, or make it unable to be used as a sub, like Whm's Aflatus abilities or Nin's Yonin. If there is such an issue with giving us abilities like this, I would appreciate a reason why. Thank you for your consideration.
    (2)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Will the SCH enmity spells ever get adjusted?
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    [*]Ninja
    As mentioned previously, we will be making adjustments to dual wield in the future. We feel that these adjustments will allow ninjas to use weapon skills more frequently which will allow them to generate enmity more easily.

[/list]
    I think you guys are ignoring the glaring issue which is that the only things that people use a tank for are things that cannot be blink tanked. Even if ninja somehow became the king of emnity, you would just die as soon as anything that required a tank turned it's attention to you.Either that, or start spamming utsusemi and lose all damage output and emnity generation in the process. Ninja needs to have some form of magic / aoe / physical defense besides shadows. Otherwise it's just a crappy DD with a couple extra shadows. In other words only good for soloing old content.
    (3)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 07-31-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Greetings,

We do not have any plans at the moment to unlock Uriel Blade for use outside of Campaign.
    Speaking of this, while I understand why the devs wouldn't want to deal with adding those WS outside campaign is there a chance to be able to unlock them for use in Campaign with other weapons? I'm thinking something like 3 ammo items that had the latent to unlock each of the WS while in Campaign.

And as always, even better if there was a quest line to unlock them.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet View Post
    Camate, I love Rune Fencer, it's my current favorite job. That said, I am rather disappointed to see no current plans to deal with Rune Fencer's enmity issues. On my server, very few ls's even give Run the time of day, because mainly of their inability to maintain enmity. I often get passed over as a potential tank, even on NM's that use a lot of magic damage, which Run was made for.

I understand that your gonna wait and see what happens to Pld with the august adjustments, and I understand there's a lot of things the dev's need to take into consideration with enmity in general and Run in particular. But I would like to pass on my opinion that Run needs a innate enmity tool, like Provoke. In fact, I don't see the issue with giving a provoke-like ability for all the tank jobs, I.E. Pld, Nin, Run. If subbing those jobs is an issue, perhaps make it an over level 50 ability, or make it unable to be used as a sub, like Whm's Aflatus abilities or Nin's Yonin. If there is such an issue with giving us abilities like this, I would appreciate a reason why. Thank you for your consideration.
    The reason for not giving RUN any additional Enmity actions, would most likely be because they don't need anymore. They've already got the single most ridiculous enmity arsenal in the game. And can sub a variety of actions from other jobs.

But since I've been over this before, I'm gonna quote/link a previous post. The post is mostly on topic for this thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    While I agree that DMG dealt should still generate CE....

RUN's problem is that it has the physical durability of a wet paper sack. Not that it can't generate enough enmity.

In terms of enmity generation, RUN is definitively superior to PLD. RUN has a ridiculous array of enmity tools. Tons of JA, all with notable CE values. And two very good native enmity spells, flash and foil. And foil, being self targeted, generates enmity for every mob on the hate list.
    Code:
    Action			CE	VE
    Elemental Sforzo	1800	7200
    Vallation		450	900
    Valliance		450	900
    Embolden		160	320
    Swordplay		160	320
    Pflug			450	900
    Gambit			640	1280
    Liement			450	900
    One For All		160	320
    Batutta			450	900
    Rayke			640	1260
    Runes			40	160

Foil			320	880
    Flash			180	1280
    A RUN/PLD using sentinel could Cap CE(10k) in 10 seconds. Mind you, That'd take perfect timing with JA use. So lets say 15~20 for a more realistic value.

Of course, doing this requires RUN's SP, and a rather non standard sub. But even without /PLD, you could still hit 5K~ CE in the same time frame. And that's before accounting for enmity gear.

Furthermore, they have massive native fast cast letting them spam their enmity spells far faster than a PLD.

Wanna see PLD's enmity tool list?
    Code:
    Action			CE	VE
    Invincible		1	7200
    Holy circle		1	20
    Shield Bash		1	900
    Sentinel		1	1800
    Cover			1	300
    Rampart			1	300
    Fealty			1	300
    Chivalry		1	300
    Divine Emblem		1	300
    Palisade		0	1800

Flash			180	1280
    Enlight			20	180
    Reprisal		0	640
    Enmity generation-wise PLD's only advantages are greater access to enmity+ gear, and sentinel(which is sub-able anyway.)

Although PLD does has a great advantage in not Losing as much CE. Both via taking less damage, and having enmity+ on already good PDT gear. Which is good, 'cause PLD has a hell of a lot harder timer building CE in the first place. A PLD that wants to build good CE, has to sub /BLU or /DRK for additional CE actions.

Also, using /war for enmity purposes would be really silly. Provoke is really not that good an enmity tool. And cures, while useful for survival purposes, generate truly terrible enmity these days. And RUN isn't going to lose and fast cast from changing subs. They can easily cap fast cast. +60% fast cast during vallation or valiance(which can be full timed via alternating) with 5/5 inspiration merits and Relic aug.

What RUN needs to be equal to PLD, is the ability to survive heavy physical damage. They've got the enmity thing covered even if they didn't melee at all.
    This post was from before Crusade was added, so RUN is doing even better now. Although they do still have a painful lack of ilvl enmity+ gear. Still has higher enmity generation than PLD though.

If RUN has an enmity issue, it's the same one all tanks have. The enmity cap.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    Please give blue mage an enmity down spell. Currently, we dominate hate gain through our spells. It would be nice if we could remove our hate somehow or dump it on someone else. You could always give hydro shot a boost, but I prefer a new spell.

I think a modified version of Pile Pitch as a UL spell would be perfect. Enmity Down 50% or ~90% every 5 mins seems reasonable.
    (1)

Character
    Sekhmet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    The reason for not giving RUN any additional Enmity actions, would most likely be because they don't need anymore. They've already got the single most ridiculous enmity arsenal in the game. And can sub a variety of actions from other jobs.

lots of stats, etc.

If RUN has an enmity issue, it's the same one all tanks have. The enmity cap.
    ok, well maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but can you explain to me why even with these enmity tools, which I do use btw, a single mnk using 1 WS rips hate off of a Run, and the Run can't get it back? That have to do with the enmity cap as well? or are the mnks generating VE so fast that it overwelms the 1:30 minute, 3 minute and 5 minute timers of these enmity generating abilities?
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast