Character
    Darkpsyko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

[dev100x] Corsairs and weakness triggers

I was wondering why Corsair was the only job that cannot do all the blue weapon skills of a weapon. That is to say :
    Marksmanship : Slug Shot, Blast Shot, Heavy Shot, Detonator.
    Corsairs cannot do Blast nor Heavy Shots. I don't think giving these ws to corsairs would break the game. Or at least, it should be available to /rng.

There is the same problem on :
    dagger : Shadowstitch, Dancing Edge, Shark Bite, Evisceration
    Corsairs cannot do Both dancing edge and shark bite. Though it has a B+ skill like dnc who can do the WS. There is the same problem on Aeolian Edge (but it is not a trigger). Even a Red Mage or Bard can do the ws, but Corsairs ? Only available through subjob.

I don't understand these choices. What do you think ?
    (5)

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think this is would be a great addition to Corsair without game breaking.
    (2)

Player
    That is a good ideal but it would be nice to see something like this for a lot of jobs who have only a few weapons that are usable. It would be nice to see QD used to trigger something too. Over all stagger seems to be a very one way system at best only 6 jobs are needed to cover all staggers where the other 14 jobs have barely any thing that will stagger. On top of that you still run into suasion where mobs are comply resistant to a stagger but its that spell such as darn that is needed to stagger. I think that the stagger system need to be more streamlined in that all ws of the same type of dmg will trigger blue when they are need and such as all fire 1-5, ag, songs ect... will stagger yellow/green. I do not think that you should have a "must have" job to stagger a mob all 3 ways all jobs should have some way to stagger every thing. I would also like to see skillchanges being able to stagger yellow/green it would bring a lot back to the game that was lost when skillchanges became pointless.
    (0)

Character
    Bishopward
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    COR Lv 91
    Quick Draw definitely needs to be added to the Yellow trigger.
    (1)

Character
    Darkpsyko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I am not sure quickdraw yellow !! would be great because of Light/Dark shots. Light shot will have no effects on most NMs (or should I say all NMs), Dark shot will miss when there is nothing to be dispelled. They probably thought about that problem.

But blue weakness on marksmanship should either be changed to ws corsairs can use, or change the ws corsairs can do.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpsyko View Post
    I am not sure quickdraw yellow !! would be great because of Light/Dark shots. Light shot will have no effects on most NMs (or should I say all NMs), Dark shot will miss when there is nothing to be dispelled. They probably thought about that problem.

But blue weakness on marksmanship should either be changed to ws corsairs can use, or change the ws corsairs can do.
    Well dark and light are messed up as is most mobs are super resistant to dark such as mobs needing drain to stagger them. As for lading with qd even if the qd dose not have an effect on a mob it still lands in that it will up the debuff effects like doing light shot on a mob who cant be sleeted but the dia effect will become stronger.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpsyko View Post
    I was wondering why Corsair was the only job that cannot do all the blue weapon skills of a weapon. That is to say :
    Marksmanship : Slug Shot, Blast Shot, Heavy Shot, Detonator.
    Corsairs cannot do Blast nor Heavy Shots. I don't think giving these ws to corsairs would break the game. Or at least, it should be available to /rng.

There is the same problem on :
    dagger : Shadowstitch, Dancing Edge, Shark Bite, Evisceration
    Corsairs cannot do Both dancing edge and shark bite. Though it has a B+ skill like dnc who can do the WS. There is the same problem on Aeolian Edge (but it is not a trigger). Even a Red Mage or Bard can do the ws, but Corsairs ? Only available through subjob.

I don't understand these choices. What do you think ?
    The only job? Does this mean PUP got asuran fists to proc all blue H2H?

As for adding QD to the yellow stagger. I just hope the Dev team does not read these forums most of the time.
    (1)

Character
    Darkpsyko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They should make Asuran fists not a trigger for blue. Giving it to pup 'might' break the game. Just 'might' cause pup can wear Verethragna.
    (0)

Character
    Dais
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Cor is not the only job that cannot do all blue trigger ws from their chosen weapons. For example: blue mage lacks swift blade and hexa strike from the only two weapons it has access to. And of course several other jobs are lacking at least one ws for blue triggers such as pup missing asuran fists.
    That isn't to say corsair doesn't have a more difficult time finding their place in abyssea groups, just that the issue is not exclusive to them. A broader selection of marksmanship weapon skills would make corsair more valuable while still requiring a ranger for archery and helping those rangers not need to carry so many weapons or swap out as much.
    I think abyssea is finished except for some small tweaks so there may be new content coming with a new and unique weakness set suited more to cor coming.
    (2)

Feel lucky that you even HAVE ranged WS, used to be ranger only...

they do need to give you guys a bone tho'. Maybe adjust drop rates on stuff so blue is almost required (like a 1/30 chance drop rate on single Briarus Helms and the like without blue, 100% with a 25% chance of 2 if blue procs). Maybe that'll get you some love from the playerbase again. I play with a very good cor buddy, Creaper. Seems a damn shame to not see him getting invited to end-game stuff unless it's within our LS only.
    (0)