Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Sorry for the outburst. Thanks for chiming in and answering specific questions and many many congrats on the Mythic.

I know it's been this way for a while but it's still a bit depressing to hear. Mythic is something I'm currently pursuing as well.

I love PUP and I really hope this coming update shows us some love. The Shiro/Kusa/Akamochi was a much welcome gesture and I've yet to test out if the 100+ ranged accuracy will make a difference at all.

Thanks again (and sorry again)
    (0)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Damn, now I feel bad lol, apology accepted
    -for the record I did say I was gonna be blunt lol

You're welcome for the info.

oh ya, nearly forgot about the pet/master shared food. But ya that isn't nearly enough. They should have added 200acc/r.acc to the pet with the same stats it has added to the master.

It still really doesn't matter anyway though. The pet's defense is soooooo bad, that it dies in like 1 or 2 TP moves from the bosses in delve. It last well enough with proper repair sets and such on the t1-5 NMs, but still it's a more a pain the behind to fart around keeping a gimp pet alive, when you could be WSing like there's no tomorrow when you got the proper buffs on.

I ended up resorting to using the Valoredge on wopket just so I could get it to use Invincible to live longer, lol. But 98% of my DMG was me lol.
    (1)

Player
    Yeah CG on Mythic and I have recently got my mythic as well yay me but still people ride on the same win bandwagon which they dont want me to come pup lol though there are some people that will take you. Take out formless from a mnk and what happens? Lets go toe to toe without pup having to do anything to its automaton and see the numbers.

Yes we are mnks with less h2h skill, no formless and a pet though mnks have more access to gear pieces than we do. A lot of the acc/atk/da piece I want to get pup cant wear but a stupid brd whom dont melee has access to it. I agree that our automatons are super squishy in higher content and sharing food and buffs wont help much i believe. In another thread I mention that if the dev team can augment delve depending on the number of pt/alli then they can do the same to our automaton. Make it so that our automaton gets augmented from solo/pt/alli. Like crappy ass ff14. Your pt/alli gets augmented depending the amount of people in pt/alli and the jobs that are in it. but thats a big stretch for them to do following their track record.

whats the point of having all these jobs if they cant follow new content?

Highest acc you can get without food is around 950+ but you kill your store tp and da sets
    med build acc you can get without food is around 903+ without killing your store tp and da sets much
    because we dont have the acc pieces like mnk/brd back and belt our sets are shot a bit.

So with Kenkoken tested without food or buffs other than aftermath

Lower end on New Content mobs lv.106 WS is around 3k+~8k+
    Med end on New Content mobs lv.116 WS is around 3k+~6k+
    Higher end on New Content mobs lv.125 is around 1k+3k+ (super eva and def)

can be higher if 6~8hits land with crt, buffs, food, and aftermath. Can also be even higher if you adjust your gear sets to be different when AM is activated. with haste II and kenkoken it would be basically as if the weapon didnt have any delay on it.

and for tp return to tell if your hits landed

1hit:100 Return <Shoulder Tackle>
    2hit:114 Return <Shoulder Tackle>

5hit:144 Return <Stringing Pummel>
    6Hit:154 Return <Stringing Pummel>
    7~8Hit:??? Return <Stringing Pummel>

And another thing that we can do as pup in higher content is not to have our automaton out all the time. Problem with this though is the delay we get from having to activate, maneuver, deploy, and deactivate takes away from our dps. If pup fast enough where main whm messed up some how, while pup has pocket whm can just activate fast to use 1hr to save the pt from a wipe. and if the pup is fast enough can swap out whm/rdm/and even blm head but thats just too much work lol
    (1)
    Last edited by fjamesfernandez; 08-26-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Player
    Why not allow PUPs to have an extra setting done with the "Gear sets" option they just added? Where you do a basic set of the attachments you most use for each head/body and then you can add different attachments to it later for the variable situations.

I don't think SE thought(or cared) too much when then added the major customizations that are done with pup and the difficulties of having to do all the attachment swaps. It's almost similar to the annoyance of setting blu magic spells.
    (0)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Character
    Ravenhardt
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysten View Post
    PUP is the most survivable solo job in the game there isnt much i cant solo on pup, that said i dont get invited to anythiung mainly because people still dont get it or want to give "another strategy" a try i feel they do need to update Automations a bit as Blm can no longer come close to hanging with actual blms, rng does best dmg whm is meh at best rdm is the best all around frame with haste II i basiclly perma-100 fists, it is stressful that we put all this work into our job and were asked to come a diff job to delve/AA
    *Claps* thank you very much for that krysten
    (1)

Necro-bumping for all the loyal puppetmasters!

In a future version update we will be increase the cap on elemental attributes, and the adjustment to the elemental attribute values layout that took place during the November version update was in preparation for this.

The increase of the elemental energy cap will not be by additional heads or frames, it will involve separate elements. Along with this increase we are also looking into adding high-tier attachments.
    (6)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Please insist to the Devs how important it is to increase the duration of maneuver, Grekumah. It's really important.
    (9)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    Please insist to the Devs how important it is to increase the duration of maneuver, Grekumah. It's really important.
    This is something they've weighed in on in the past (Note: I agree with you totally). I maintain your hope that they will reconsider, but I doubt their answer will change (I believe they wanted to make sure that players were alert and skillful in the control of their pets or something like that and that they wanted it to be something that had to be maintained). But that said, one of the big factors in PUP being able to compete is the impact of JA delay, and they need to realize that this hurts the job more than they seem to think it does, and certainly more than any perceived benefit from making us more actively control our puppets.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by crptaculous View Post
    And the verdict is: Mythic PUP = non-mythic MNK (and only when formless strikes is not needed, otherwise MNK > PUP). SAM, DRK and DRG still way better. Especially SAM. All it takes is a quick parse to prove it.

I'm not entirely convinced that DRK is way better than MNK, just saying. You're welcome to prove me wrong though. Also I don't understand the point of discussing WS numbers in a DD hierarchy discussion. High WS dmg doesn't make a DD good and vice versa.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just wish they didn't preemptively shoot down our hopes and dreams of new frames/heads.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast