Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Remove jug pet caps altogether! Pet Level = /checkparam item level

Hi SE!
    Is it possible to remove all jug pet level caps? Instead let the pet level be my item level, as per /checkparam. Some pets are awesome and fun to use, but we can't use them if they cap at 99 or 113 or some arbitrary level, less than 119.

What do you think? Please
    (10)

I think Jug caps were okay back when they cared to add a variety of pets you could use endgame, but not that we're basically stuck with a Crab or a Warthog, It'd be nice if they removed the entirety of the restriction and just made Beast Affinity increase the pets Stats or something (Like +2% Acc/Atk/def per merit, kinda like the PUP ones)
    (9)

Player
    The jug cap serves absolutely no purpose, other than hindering the job. merits should help, not hinder.

Jug caps are and never were okay. As it pertains to jug variety, we should not be limited to what pets we can use. Yes, there are a plethora of monsters in vanadiel, but if you guys were not wasting so much time releasing repeats, that the whole jug bestiary could have been full by now .

Please consider lifting the cap.
    (10)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As a budding Beastmaster, I agree. With more pets to choose from, people will use many pets for a variety of situations instead of being pidgeonholed into choosing specific ones that cost a lot of gil to buy.

Even if the cheaper jugs become more usable, more people will buy them, so I doubt this change would hurt crafters too much. At the moment, I can't see myself purchasing a stack of Ibuki jugs for 300k, considering all of the drawbacks of Call Beast and pet jobs in general.

Making jugs uncapped will only make Beastmaster more accessible to players and encourage variety of playstyle.
    (7)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The jug cap makes BST very shallow, strategically. All these different monster types and it always just comes down to the highest capped jug. Little consideration for a pet's TP moves or monster correlation.

Please consider lifting the cap.
    (10)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Player
    I agree with everyone's sentiments.

Also, take a look at this list; http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Familiars

55 jugs in all (If I counted correctly); there are about 64 potential jug candidates based upon the bestiary, (I removed nakuuls, cereberus, etc, things that are bosses or quite special/one of a kind); but only 25 species were covered, WHAT...DA...HECK?.................

There is more to beastmaster than than rabbits, mandies, and sheep (But a sheep would be gravy due to the crappy-ness of our recent jugs).

I am inclined to believe that the jug cap is SE's excuse to repeat pets, because if there was no jug cap, releasing 2 sheep, 4 crabs, 4 rabbits and 5 mandies would be senseless. I said it once and I will say it again; SE is extremely lazy as it pertains to bst and its' familiars. Bst affinity is indeed useless, but it is convenient to SE because they can continue to be lazy with our pets.

What specialization? We can't even get varying pet species.........

The cap will never be lifted, but I know why.

Also, they could easily add missing moves to our past jugs when they are introduced in-game or re-release species that have unique moves, but that is not the case. The majority of the repeats have no added moves or moves removed. Lucky was the only re-release that made sense imo due to wild carrot. The 119 mandy actually had a move removed XD (Dream flower: Homunculus).
    (6)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-15-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    There is more to beastmaster than than rabbits, mandies, and sheep (But a sheep would be gravy due to the crappy-ness of our recent jugs).
    That's correct, you forgot about crabs. And crabs with baskets. Basket Crabs. Red Basket Crabs, even.

As for a sheep...ugh, I don't know. They'll give us a Lucerewe that of course will have Dazing Discord removed. If you guys want to play with sheep again, be my guest. I really, do not want to. More surprises like the Tulfaire, SE. Ibuki is cool.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    That's correct, you forgot about crabs. And crabs with baskets. Basket Crabs. Red Basket Crabs, even.

As for a sheep...ugh, I don't know. They'll give us a Lucerewe that of course will have Dazing Discord removed. If you guys want to play with sheep again, be my guest. I really, do not want to. More surprises like the Tulfaire, SE. Ibuki is cool.
    And given to blu, "Specializations"

But i agree, never considered that dazing will be removed (Oddly enough, considering how they usually remove damaging abilities); more surprises will be welcome. They are still a plethora of species which not not seen the light of day.

We could really use another poll, one with move suggestions as dasva alluded to; I mean, this stuff is not hard.......really....

This mystery jug stuff is crazy annoying, doom and hp based attacks (Throat stab -esque) should be the only moves that are off limits imo. Not sure if dazing is hp based, could be.

Imo, the cap will never be removed because SE would be force to release different species.
    (1)

Hello,

The development team has no plans to remove the level and status caps for pets, but we will continue to add new pets as we move forward, and we are planning to add new pets in the September version update.
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

The development team has no plans to remove the level and status caps for pets, but we will continue to add new pets as we move forward, and we are planning to add new pets in the September version update.
    and will these new jugs continue the trend of weaker and weaker jugs relative to the strength of the master and especially relative to the other jobs in the game? It used to be almost impossible to pull hate off a pet, and ready abilities did great damage-to the point we were considered THE soloing job in FFXI-sometimes erroneously when we would hear "you can solo it"-well not without 50+ attempts, a massive amount of luck and millions spent in consumables, hence why we asked for a party, we even said please. well now it's almost impossible to keep hate on a jug, even with Snarl since 1-2 hits will have the hate back on the master.

The job is the pet, there's even a hint, the name BEASTmaster instead of MASTER of beasts. so why are our pets so pathetic over the last 2 years? and I do mean pathetic. I mean we can't even charm in battlefields anymore and haven't been able to in years, but now our jugs also can't function enough to be worth it. Hint: if beast was in a good state then when asked what job you have for end-game parties and answering "Beast" we wouldn't get the immediate reply "what else have you got?" That's unacceptable. Beast WAS a good job, in fact my favorite job, but sometime around the roll-out of SoA a decision seems to have been made to stop that, and I have no idea why. Sure I can charm again for farming, unfortunately all the desireable drops can only be gained through battlefields where charming is prohibited. That effectively forces beasts to level another job to do end-game content, and if the only way to play end-game content is with another job, then when it comes to beast we really have to ask... "what's the point?"

so given the fact it is my favorite job I'm going to keep upgrading and mothballing my beast gear in the hopes I might find some use for the job after some future update, but in the meantime I'm going to keep upgrading my bard so I can actually participate in end-game. note, I HAVE to play bard to upgrade the better beast gear, something is terribly wrong with that situation...
    (11)
    Last edited by Glamdring; 07-16-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast