Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    Personally, I am only interested in

1) The cap being lifted
    2) Jugs that are in their native or monstrosity form as it pertains to abilities
    3) Stat boost
    Any announcement that does not allude to those three things are pointless. Nobody cares about the new pets when there is no information regarding them, hence this is our interpretation......

Ready Moves:
    Bubble Shower - Deals water damage to enemies with in area of effect. additional effect STR down. (1 Charge)
    Bubble Curtain - Enhances pets Magic Defense. (3 Charges)
    Big Scissors - Deals physical damage. (1 Charge)
    Scissor Guard - Enhances Pet's Defense. (2 Charges)
    Metallic Body - Gives the effect of Stoneskin. (1 Charge
    (5)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

The development team has no plans to remove the level and status caps for pets, but we will continue to add new pets as we move forward, and we are planning to add new pets in the September version update.
    You mean to say you will continue to add pets after outdating the previous ones and only add 2-3 at a time and they will continually inferior to previous models because there is no need to make them good if the others have reached their cap meanwhile all other pet jobs immediately get all their pets to full level and will keep all their awesome moves and such. Oh I forgot spending tons of extra gil on new jugs that will again use new semi rarish ingredients. Might as well just say we want to keep bst pets as nothing more than things to snarl and take some dmg before dieing while spending tons of gil
    (11)
    Last edited by dasva; 07-19-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Player
    Also, I recall someone on bg mentioning a pup/bst pet tp update in August, as it pertains to special moves. I am expecting "meh"
    (0)

Player
    They're gonna buff tp moves in line with how players has. Actually hopeful for that. From a pup perspective, maybe magic mortar won't suck!
    (0)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-18-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    They're gonna buff tp moves in line with how players has. Actually hopeful for that. From a pup perspective, maybe magic mortar won't suck!
    Hmmm, I am not understanding this, modifiers?

Sorry, this was news to me as-well, just repeating what I heard.
    (0)

Player
    It was an overhaul to a lot of things, it buffed up lower weaponskills to be competitive (albeit not really equal) to their higher level components.

Magical Weaponskills got an ilvl adjustment, physical and magical got both a modifier increase (sometimes has high as 30% -> 100%) and ftp modifications.

It also completely removed the alpha (0.85) modifier from the equation.

I have no idea how they'll implement this for beastmaster, though, unless we see an equal increase in Monster Weaponskill damage.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ll-Adjustments
    (2)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-18-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You mean to say you will continue to add pets after outdating the previous ones and only add 2-3 at a time and they will continually inferior to previous models because there is no need to make them good if the others have reached there meanwhile all other pet jobs immediately get all their pets to full level and will keep all their awesome moves and such. Oh I forgot spending tons of extra gil on new jugs that will again use new semi rarish ingredients. Might as well just say we want to keep bst pets as nothing more than things to snarl and take some dmg before dieing while spending tons of gil
    Just like with gear/weapons every update except its way less often.

I was hoping for Necromancer in future updates...but at this rate it would never happen cause undead pets would be "overpowered" /sigh

If the mats for the jugs where not so rare (or eletists din't jack up ah prices) i'd be kind of looking forward to new jugs...but the pets i'm hoping for would never happen cause "overpowered" and only rng, mnk, whm & brd exist, the rest is just cosmetic with use for fighting almost the same things they do.

Pets I hope for but will never happen? Scorpion, Manticore, Dhalmel, Cockatrice, updated Beetle (great tank pets back in the day...and a fix to their broken foot?), updated Apkallu, Ruzor, Roc, Bats (Giant & Trio), Colibri, Snapweed, Updated Sheep, Ram, and updated Sabotender. There's more but those are ones off the top of my head.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    Just like with gear/weapons every update except its way less often.

I was hoping for Necromancer in future updates...but at this rate it would never happen cause undead pets would be "overpowered" /sigh

If the mats for the jugs where not so rare (or eletists din't jack up ah prices) i'd be kind of looking forward to new jugs...but the pets i'm hoping for would never happen cause "overpowered" and only rng, mnk, whm & brd exist, the rest is just cosmetic with use for fighting almost the same things they do.

Pets I hope for but will never happen? Scorpion, Manticore, Dhalmel, Cockatrice, updated Beetle (great tank pets back in the day...and a fix to their broken foot?), updated Apkallu, Ruzor, Roc, Bats (Giant & Trio), Colibri, Snapweed, Updated Sheep, Ram, and updated Sabotender. There's more but those are ones off the top of my head.
    Necromancer was already discussed at the start of ToAU, it became puppetmaster, hence why you see a lot of mage gear being on PUP. Their justification for this was always pretty dumb, they didn't want to nerf the pet during the day.
    (0)

Player
    Something else that really has been bugging me is that they gave 2 Automaton trusts but giving beast a dragon pet would be too far into dragoon territory. The freaking trust automatons have better WS than our automatons! FRUSTRATING.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    Something else that really has been bugging me is that they gave 2 Automaton trusts but giving beast a dragon pet would be too far into dragoon territory. The freaking trust automatons have better WS than our automatons! FRUSTRATING.
    I know right? LMAO. Their explanation was extremely contradicting, "Specializations," sort of like beast specializing in monsters; using beast abilities to defeat our foes but blu can also use bst ready moves/abilities? Like how ninja specialized in dual wield? Until dnc and thf got a hold of that trait? How about hand-to-hand? Mnks and pups both use that. Guns? Bows? Daggers? offensive magic? Aoe magic? Curing? magic damage taken? Automoton trust npcs, really? While pup needs a buff you have the nerve to do something like that?

ppl in this thread appear to want drg to be enhanced through master JAs http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...re-as-DD/page4. Dragoons are two handed dd, while we are one. Drgs understand the concept of the job, they are not a true pet job, hence they want enchantments through the master with the addition of pet survivability. SE is putting words in dragoons mouth; turning the sheep against the sheep, If they released this today http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Naul, drgs would not give two craps imo. There is no way a dragoon could use this....lmao. These are more beast oriented pets. The monsters of vanadiel are completely different than a domesticated wyverns.

Allow me to explain, bst pets have strong special attacks (Nauls), while drg wyverns have weaker attacks, bst pets have a large hp pool (Naul), while drg pets do not, and finally, a dragon is already charamble, hence it is possible to add any of these guys http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Categoryragons, http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Puks, http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Naul. If drgs were never meant to be pets/only monsters within the original bst ecosystem, then a dragon would not be charmable. We can use dragon pets, plain and simple. No matter how SE tries to spin it, I can charm a dragon, so it is very possible. Also, a drg's wyvern ws when the master does (iirc), could you imagine a dragon breathe attack from a Naul every few seconds? Bst is restricted to a ready meter. SE has no intentions on giving drgs a Naul, puk, or a shadow dragon and they know it. No disrespect, but that is just foul. To dangle something like that out there with no logical explanation. They know good and well that a drg wyverns and a wild naul, puk, and shadow dragon function completely different, in terms of game mechanics.

I do not recall any bst crying and throwing a tantrum when blu got killer traits or those killer traits on gear. I mean, look at blu, they have more native monster abilities than our jugs and we specialize in using monster abilities as-well (First in XI may I add). I reference this every now and then, but it is not a big deal that we overlap. It is not a big deal that we specialize in axes, but wars are better at it. And yes, i am not done with that dragon pet stuff, just not going to continue it in this thread. Gonna keep it going until they come out and say we just don't want to add dragons or give a logical explanation (Hint, there isn't one ).

Edit: No idea where that smiley face in the third paragraph came from XD, lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-19-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast