Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Not to continue to harp on but I just don't understand the need to make new things that do the same thing to cover up and replace old things that don't work any longer. Blue Mage got that response and Beastmaster is getting the same thing now. Eventually this rug everything is being swept under won't work any longer.

No offense meant to the development team's work, but it feels counterproductive and also bland to just keep adding similar things every few item levels. We already have a bunch of crabs, rarabs, tigers, mandragora, etc. We have more than enough Warrior pets, with some minors in Thief, Monk and Paladin.

Monstrosity and Trust are testaments that the Development Team is creative and enjoys creating variety. I just don't understand why that doesn't translate to jobs. Maybe the teams responsible for those two needs to have a sit down with the Battle Team because if we get another plain crab jug with the same TP moves, just higher item level cap in September... /sigh
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

The development team has no plans to remove the level and status caps for pets, but we will continue to add new pets as we move forward, and we are planning to add new pets in the September version update.

I sincerely hope that you reconsider? In the last year, Beastmaster's received a number of enhancements MONTHS apart. ..Now, we have to wait for new pets again in September. I'm sorry but these changes just are not worth the wait. Our jug pets get invalidated too frequently. Please consider revising the formula for pet stats and levels.
    (7)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Not to continue to harp on but I just don't understand the need to make new things that do the same thing to cover up and replace old things that don't work any longer. Blue Mage got that response and Beastmaster is getting the same thing now. Eventually this rug everything is being swept under won't work any longer.

No offense meant to the development team's work, but it feels counterproductive and also bland to just keep adding similar things every few item levels. We already have a bunch of crabs, rarabs, tigers, mandragora, etc. We have more than enough Warrior pets, with some minors in Thief, Monk and Paladin.

Monstrosity and Trust are testaments that the Development Team is creative and enjoys creating variety. I just don't understand why that doesn't translate to jobs. Maybe the teams responsible for those two needs to have a sit down with the Battle Team because if we get another plain crab jug with the same TP moves, just higher item level cap in September... /sigh
    Until they fix it, no harm, no foul, it is perfectly acceptable to harp on/point out this flawed concept. Bst threads from years ago brought up the same issues and yet, here we are again.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-Jug-selection.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-and-questions. This had me rolling "We plan to broaden the range of monsters that beastmasters can coax into becoming their pets" LMAO!!! And then "Adding more pet-specific abilities". To Blu? perhaps monstrosity?

This also clears up a lot of confusion regarding bst; basically, an Apkallu would be too "Overpowered" with frigid shuffle and yawn, hence do not expect much from the new guys folks http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post229948. If that is their definition of overpowered........it cleared up alot...really.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ts-for-seekers.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...etting-shafted
    (2)

Player
    I'm not a beastmaster, but that is the most agitating response Square Enix throws at everything. Oh that'd be so overpowered, you know, you don't want to overpower a job that, for 10+ years, has solo'd.

This is not a game of balance, Square, there are jobs that are BETTER AT EVERYTHING than other jobs. And furthermore, this isn't a game for hybrid jobs. They serve no purpose.

I love puppetmaster, and I think it's probably the poorest job in the game at the minute, but you know what? at least their "Hybrid job" crap makes sense for them. Beastmaster does nothing but DD, yeah, they have a pet, but their pet in a party environment is to enhance their ability to DD.

So after being at the bottom of the rung for the duration of their careers, screw you Square Enix. I'm going to be unreasonable, make us the best, because most other jobs have had their time up there.

It's hard to get mad at Camate, though, or any of the people responding to these issues. I'm not entirely convinced our feedback gets through. Go through with google translate and have a look at how many of their responses are just a day late version of their japanese counterparts.

I mean for gods sake, Yawn?! YAWN IS OVERPOWERED NOW? The amount of steps necessary to make Yawn useful in any situation is staggering. 1) Make sure that the monster is facing your pet, and won't turn or move 2) Ready Yawn 3) Make sure that after yawn is used, that the monster doesn't sneak in an attack round.
    vs - Cast Sleepga. Cast Yawn. Cast Lullaby. Use Light Shot. Cast Repose.
    (8)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-17-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Player
    I would rather go back to charming mobs and not being able to choose pet moves (Sic) ...because I knew my Pet was always EVEN MATCH (or higher if used Familiar).

Come on, SE! Don't make us wait every few months for new pets! Remove the cap, please!
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMBie343 View Post
    I would rather go back to charming mobs and not being able to choose pet moves (Sic) ...because I knew my Pet was always EVEN MATCH (or higher if used Familiar).

Come on, SE! Don't make us wait every few months for new pets! Remove the cap, please!
    At least we knew they would use their native abilities; charm is looking reaaaal good right about now......
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    I'm not a beastmaster, but that is the most agitating response Square Enix throws at everything. Oh that'd be so overpowered, you know, you don't want to overpower a job that, for 10+ years, has solo'd.

This is not a game of balance, Square, there are jobs that are BETTER AT EVERYTHING than other jobs. And furthermore, this isn't a game for hybrid jobs. They serve no purpose.

I love puppetmaster, and I think it's probably the poorest job in the game at the minute, but you know what? at least their "Hybrid job" crap makes sense for them. Beastmaster does nothing but DD, yeah, they have a pet, but their pet in a party environment is to enhance their ability to DD.

So after being at the bottom of the rung for the duration of their careers, screw you Square Enix. I'm going to be unreasonable, make us the best, because most other jobs have had their time up there.

It's hard to get mad at Camate, though, or any of the people responding to these issues. I'm not entirely convinced our feedback gets through. Go through with google translate and have a look at how many of their responses are just a day late version of their japanese counterparts.

I mean for gods sake, Yawn?! YAWN IS OVERPOWERED NOW? The amount of steps necessary to make Yawn useful in any situation is staggering. 1) Make sure that the monster is facing your pet, and won't turn or move 2) Ready Yawn 3) Make sure that after yawn is used, that the monster doesn't sneak in an attack round.
    vs - Cast Sleepga. Cast Yawn. Cast Lullaby. Use Light Shot. Cast Repose.
    Yep. I'd like to hear SE argue that SAM RNG and MNK are not overpowered. I'd really like them to explain why NO OTHER JOB can be allowed into endgame. Why DRGs can't keep up, why SMN avatars are so mediocre, why BLUs and DNCs can't help support, etc etc.....
    (4)

Player
    SE's track record shows that they have no issue completely abandoning concepts; imo, the line about pets jobs (bst) being stronger than standard dds will not be fulfilled. I truly hope this is not the case, but, here are my bold predictions regarding bst from now til Sept update.

1) The new pets will suck; based upon SE's past jug implementations.
    2) Beneficial/powerful moves will be removed.
    3) The ready move boost will not change much because the moves given to the pets will be weak.
    4) There will be bst rage
    5) And this endless cycle will repeat itself (Going on 12 years atm).
    (2)

Player
    Pet jobs aren't going to happen. The response I just got from Camate on another thread has shredded all hope for me, pack up your jug pets, donn your sheeps armour to a mannequin and remember wistfully the days when hope was alive.

Or, something less dramatic.

I just can't see it getting better.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Yep. I'd like to hear SE argue that SAM RNG and MNK are not overpowered. I'd really like them to explain why NO OTHER JOB can be allowed into endgame. Why DRGs can't keep up, why SMN avatars are so mediocre, why BLUs and DNCs can't help support, etc etc.....
    But those jobs have utility, unlike RNGs ability to deal high damage, low enmity dps out of the range of AoE and allow a tank to keep hate. I go to COR for a low of RNG things, I perform admirably at about 20-25% parse, the top ranger can do anything between 30-55% of the damage. Guess who pulls hate.

But yeah, RNG ain't broken. Keep introducing content with lots of AoE that'll instantly kill most DPS.

I'm sure it'll get better if you ignore it.

SE solution to fixing things has always been to add more items, ilvl animators, satchels, pet food. There's never a change to the fundamentals of the job, but instead a dumb attempt to patch over issues with items. A geo is respectable..... ..... ... With a mythic. A puppetmaster can be a good dd.... with a mythic. Pets can hit sometimes...... with pet food and ilvl animators.

Try to fix the problem first, Square, instead of adding stop gaps.
    (8)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-18-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast