Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

The development team has no plans to remove the level and status caps for pets, but we will continue to add new pets as we move forward, and we are planning to add new pets in the September version update.
    Camate, much love to you, and please understand that my ire is solely for the devs.

I have one question for them; why? We are not children. We deserve a better response than a dismissal, as a parent would dismiss a child out of hand.

Removing the level and status caps for pets is a fantastic idea and would revive the versatility of beastmaster. Why would the devs dismiss this idea out of hand without the simplest explanation more than "because I said so"?
    (13)
    Last edited by Malthar; 07-16-2014 at 11:08 AM.

I want jug caps removed but DO NOT want pets to be based on "checkparam item level" as that forces us to use 119 gear even when other gear is better. Also it just overall gimps us. I want pet level to be the same as the main hand weapon with "beast affinity" ADDING levels over that, and YES all jugs uncapped thanks.
    (9)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    The jug cap makes absolutely no sense and promotes repeats,; because older pets are pushed aside. Sort of like telling a smn a said avatar is null-void, then proceed to give em inferior pets. Imo, the cap should be lifted, because SE does a poor job of updating our pets. Not to mention the move removal. If we received several solid pets in their native form, ppl may not push for a cap lift. However, we see these new sub-par pets and look back at our old guys like "Wait a minute; how did we go from a sheep with zerk to a boar with 2 moves.....?"

If bst are truly beast-Masters, we should have every animal readily available for use. I understand that a cap lift would equate to changes in merits and gear, however, these changes could be quite simple.

Imo, if there are no plans to lift the cap, we need our pets be stay current; with each family available. Also, that move removal must stop.

Personally, I wish SE would release new monsters in their monstrosity form. Crabs suck, right guys/gals? Not quite....http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Porter_Crab_%28MON%29. These are playable pets, thus implementable, so that excuse is out the window. If one of our crabs had the abilities of the porter crab, whom is in-game, thus implementable, because he is playable by players and non-broken,, there goes one pet whom is vastly superior to any of our current guys. Rabbits are decent, but nothing special. I bashed these guys on numerous occasions, however we actually have access to a superb rabbit in-game guys/gals^^ http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lapinion_%28MON%29. Why are those abilities on some side-content and not on our jugs?

SE, please use monstrosity as a reference for the new pets.
    (6)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-17-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Player
    Hello,

The development team has no plans to remove the level and status caps for pets, but we will continue to add new pets as we move forward, and we are planning to add new pets in the September version update.

This makes me so sad. It took 6+ months after the introduction of Delve for Beastmasters to get stronger pets and pet food....and it does nothing to get us invited into Delve content. Beastmaster pets are always too weak at the introduction of new content. Please reconsider.
    (9)
    Last edited by ZoMBie343; 07-16-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    and will these new jugs continue the trend of weaker and weaker jugs relative to the strength of the master and especially relative to the other jobs in the game? It used to be almost impossible to pull hate off a pet, and ready abilities did great damage-to the point we were considered THE soloing job in FFXI-sometimes erroneously when we would hear "you can solo it"-well not without 50+ attempts, a massive amount of luck and millions spent in consumables, hence why we asked for a party, we even said please. well now it's almost impossible to keep hate on a jug, even with Snarl since 1-2 hits will have the hate back on the master.

The job is the pet, there's even a hint, the name BEASTmaster instead of MASTER of beasts. so why are our pets so pathetic over the last 2 years? and I do mean pathetic. I mean we can't even charm in battlefields anymore and haven't been able to in years, but now our jugs also can't function enough to be worth it. Hint: if beast was in a good state then when asked what job you have for end-game parties and answering "Beast" we wouldn't get the immediate reply "what else have you got?" That's unacceptable. Beast WAS a good job, in fact my favorite job, but sometime around the roll-out of SoA a decision seems to have been made to stop that, and I have no idea why. Sure I can charm again for farming, unfortunately all the desireable drops can only be gained through battlefields where charming is prohibited. That effectively forces beasts to level another job to do end-game content, and if the only way to play end-game content is with another job, then when it comes to beast we really have to ask... "what's the point?"

so given the fact it is my favorite job I'm going to keep upgrading and mothballing my beast gear in the hopes I might find some use for the job after some future update, but in the meantime I'm going to keep upgrading my bard so I can actually participate in end-game. note, I HAVE to play bard to upgrade the better beast gear, something is terribly wrong with that situation...
    This, so much. The biggest reason I quit playing BST was because of the "go solo it yourself" mentality (in addition to the "buy a PC and dual-box it" mentality). The same might be said for PUP, but I had gotten frustrated with the constant cost of jugs/food for very little purpose, and when pet TH was nerfed there really isn't much I can do on BST that PUP can't do as well.
    But this whole play a job you don't enjoy to gear a job (or jobs) that doesn't get invites is incredibly lame.
    I do some RoE, tend my Garden, then what? Watch shouts (which are few and far between) for the same jobs over and over. I find myself playing less and less, really only holding out for Monstrosity updates at this point.
    (5)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hello,

Grrrreaaat, more expensive as hell jugpets, I'm not paying 300k or more for a stack (let alone single!) guess I have to level synergy on my cooking alt >_> or just dig out the old charm set...blegh. -_- (I'm starting to like summoner more anyway...so....)

--

The only "real job" I have at 99 is my Monk but it dose not have a 119 weapon so it's "useless" even with a black belt that I worked hard for with ls -_- And I leveled Monk cause I like the job, not just to be "useful in events" hell I avoid endgame 99% of the time unless its with LS to avoid the bull-crap with elitists.

Its like... someone asks you "What jobs u have?" and you say "Apoc 119 drk" "mnk 117" "bst 117" "smn 119" "drg 117" and they say ether "hm bring mnk" when my drk is pretty much hundred slashes! but noooo drk is not a "real end game job" and that summoners BP buffs are still meh or underdated or "No 4 song brd? srry can't go." And even IF you level bard you HAVE to get the R/E or you are going to be left out, and some people do not have the time to "lol solo it" for two instruments.
    (7)
    Last edited by Tohihroyu; 07-17-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think removing the level cap of all the NM name jug pets Level 50+ is a good idea. The level the jug is equipped can be used to determine a lot more things than just level of the pet. It could still determine which TP moves, Job, and traits that jug pet has access to.

While it would be some work to rework the current pets to make them more distinct. Removing the cap would be ultimately in not just the player's favor, but also the development team as well. They would not have to recreate the same pets over and over again. They could express their creativity more like they've done enjoying making Trusts and Monstrosity be so diverse and unique. I would love for Beastmaster to get that type of attention to their pets.

We need a variety of pets in the same beast category that operate differently and all have their strengths and flaws. This would allow us to play up our strength as Beastmaster, knowing what all enemies are strong and weak to. It's also something no other job brings to the table. When I keep hearing Monstrosity related in regard to Beastmaster changes, that trend translates to me that a lot of players crave more variety in pet species, more selection in TP moves and habits, and more jobs and traits. Basically more reason to bring a Beastmaster and strategy into the table once again.

A White Mage Leafkin whose healing TP moves are more potent than other jugs, a Black Mage Wamoura who has high elemental damage TP moves, a Dark Knight Leech that has high attack power and lower defense. All types of examples could be had and I know the development team is creative enough just looking at Trusts and how they are rebalanced when certain ones aren't used. I just wish that excitement and energy to create and rebalance was spread to pet jobs as well.
    (7)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I think removing the level cap of all the NM name jug pets Level 50+ is a good idea. The level the jug is equipped can be used to determine a lot more things than just level of the pet. It could still determine which TP moves, Job, and traits that jug pet has access to.

While it would be some work to rework the current pets to make them more distinct. Removing the cap would be ultimately in not just the player's favor, but also the development team as well. They would not have to recreate the same pets over and over again. They could express their creativity more like they've done enjoying making Trusts and Monstrosity be so diverse and unique. I would love for Beastmaster to get that type of attention to their pets.

We need a variety of pets in the same beast category that operate differently and all have their strengths and flaws. This would allow us to play up our strength as Beastmaster, knowing what all enemies are strong and weak to. It's also something no other job brings to the table. When I keep hearing Monstrosity related in regard to Beastmaster changes, that trend translates to me that a lot of players crave more variety in pet species, more selection in TP moves and habits, and more jobs and traits. Basically more reason to bring a Beastmaster and strategy into the table once again.

A White Mage Leafkin whose healing TP moves are more potent than other jugs, a Black Mage Wamoura who has high elemental damage TP moves, a Dark Knight Leech that has high attack power and lower defense. All types of examples could be had and I know the development team is creative enough just looking at Trusts and how they are rebalanced when certain ones aren't used. I just wish that excitement and energy to create and rebalance was spread to pet jobs as well.
    Bingo^^

We do not need any new pets; we have 55 of them XD.

Rwolf, you brought of another interesting point. SE should spread some of their monstrosity creativity to beastmaster. We were here first and monstrosity serves no real purpose outside of stomping around on lesser enemies. Moves were removed from our jugs and given to monstrosity/blue mage.

Also, there no information regarding these "New" pets.
    (7)

one would have to think from a programing standpoint it would be easier just to extend the damage tables to the higher levels on existing pets-just copy/paste over starting at the prior end point of the existing pet-than having to write a brand new one from scratch to start at say iLevel 114 for a brand new pet. now, if what they have is instead a mathematical formula where damage is calculated on a geometric or logarithmic scale as the pet gains in level I can see an issue, but the work around is rather simple. using older programming techniques it would be a simple series of "if-then-else" arguments, i.e. if level =55-75 go to line 2250, else go to 2270| line 2270 if level 75-98 go to line 3040, else go to 3060 where the damage formulae are on lines 2250, 3040 or 3060 respectively meaning your geometric or logarithmic progression recommences with a much lower doubling iterations, meaning your lifedrinker lars has not doubled ins strength 70 times from base, merely 20 times from whatever base value is set for damage calculations at 119. I'll grant you my programming skills are VERY rusty (the last language I programmed in was pascal, and that wasn't a legacy system, pascal was actually popular at the time) and it's likely easier to do with more precision using .dll files or other object oriented programming techniques but you get the idea.
    (2)

Character
    Drgonz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hello,

(4)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast