Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Suddenly can't get past the POL view log in screen. POL Error 1160

Was able to log in just fine yesterday. There was also a short update on FFXI and when it finished I still had no problems. I try to log in just a few minutes ago and suddenly I can't even get past the POL viewer after putting in my password, it just goes to "network too busy, or connection error POL error 1160" Whats going on? Was really looking forward to playing on my 3 day weekend too...
    (0)

I just got in fine.

Edit: After googling "POL error 1160 ffxi" there's a few topics in the ffxiah forums that talk about it, and it seems that it's an issue with your ISP, not POL/SE.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 07-13-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Character
    Duranthis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Nothing seems to be wrong with the ISP. I think I'm being affected by the Globalcollect maint scheduled for the 14th. Yesterday I tried logging into my SE account to check out my subscription status on the website and kept automatically getting redirected to support. Today I logged in to the SE account and it didn't re-direct me but took me to the account section as normal.

Later today I'm probably going to go to a place with free WiFi and see if the cause is really my ISP. If I can't connect through a different service then it is 100% on SE's end.
    (0)
    Last edited by draconus; 07-14-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Character
    Danlmer
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Same here, I was online to do a round of logins on my mules for the "Repeat Login" campaign, and suddenly was dropped out. At first I was getting a "protocol error", but now it's "Error code FFXI-3100: Could not connect to lobby server."

From reading old error reporting on Alla and Blue Garter, it's probably not anything we can fix. It could be a third-party ISP that SE uses to connect accounts and servers, and could be hours or days before it is resolved, due to the fact that some can still log in and others (like us) cannot. It's not that the servers are down, it's that a small sub-set of users cannot log in.

Ever try to let SE know there's an issue? Good luck, they have the ultimate firewall between users and staff who could help us. They will not even admit a problem exists unless it affects an entire server population.
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    In spite of your sneering comments, they knew about it and posted about it before you did:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pol...ews23474.shtml

Maybe it's SE's turn for the DDoSer's target after several MMOs were hit a couple of days ago.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kraggy; 07-20-2014 at 02:24 AM.