Is this Starcade?
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    For anyone else having trouble soloing in Aby, it is important to remember that "Abyssites" are very powerful - and they can be obtained solo via cruor-purchase, quests and by killing easy mobs. Most of us started Aby in 2010 by questing Abyssites to increase our survival chances in Aby at level 80 (lol), we did this before we even tried to get Atmas or ZB wins etc. in many cases.

For soloing, the most important Abyssites are "of merit" and "of furtherance." There are 9 of these in total, 2 can be purchased for cruor from the Cruor Prospector in "Heroes of Aby" zones.

Several of these can be obtained by easy solo quests - which are easy, but you will need to do other easy solo quests first to attain the Fame Rank required for the Abyssite reward quest.

Suggested reading is ffxiclopedia - " category : Abyssite " - and you should scroll down to the 6x "abyssites of merit" and 3x "abyssites of furtherance" part of the page.

Obtaining those 9 abyssites will add +60% HP and +30% MP in Aby, and add +30 to all your Attributes (STR VIT etc.). This makes soloing atmas and Zone Bosses much easier.

And you can solo all these Abyssites, if you spend the time to do the Abyssite quests and make basic solo strategies for the NM-dropped Abyssites. I suggest leaving the Xibalba and Warbler NM Abyssites until last - these are the hardest to solo, for a new player. The other Abyssites can be solo'd easily if you put the Work Ethic into it.

The bonuses from Abyssites are permanent and are activated when you buy the temporary "cruor enhancements" from any Cruor Prospector, you need to do this every time you zone into Aby.

(5)
    Last edited by Stompa; 07-27-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Is this Starcade?
    Starcade was banned from the forum (and a whole ton of FFXI-related sites, among others), but according to his blog, they are one of his friends in-game.

Source: http://darkrenegadesmusings.blogspot.com/
    (0)
    Last edited by bungiefanNA; 07-28-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Sorry to necro this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

Currently the development team is prioritizing the use of alter egos for content related to the acquisition requirements for other alter egos, so they do not have any plans at the moment to address alter ego use in Abyssea or Dynamis. However, there is a possibility that they may look into this later, but they expect it will not be for quite some time.
    I can’t give a specific time frame at the moment since we still need to run some tests, but we are in the midst of looking into making it possible to summon alter egos in Abyssea areas. We’ll keep you updated on the progress!
    (14)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

I can’t give a specific time frame at the moment since we still need to run some tests, but we are in the midst the looking into making it possible to summon alter egos in Abyssea areas. We'll keep you updated on the progress!
    Well thats rather sweet Camate and betting it might be trusts attuned to be called forth in the abyssea settings or trusts specifically created for abby only and can only be called in that area after zoning-in? I'll wait to see it Camate, Later's

Edit: The same with dyna area's per-haps as well??
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Never be sorry for this. We want more interaction from the community team, more communication. Not less.
    (9)

now if only they will proc !! intelligently...

PS. Enochroot nailed it, we love hearing BACK on our requests
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    now if only they will proc !! intelligently...

PS. Enochroot nailed it, we love hearing BACK on our requests
    Well actually its been mentioned quite a few times in various threads and i'm sure camate knows about them too
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

I can’t give a specific time frame at the moment since we still need to run some tests, but we are in the midst of looking into making it possible to summon alter egos in Abyssea areas. We’ll keep you updated on the progress!
    Excellent!!! tyty!
    (0)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

That would be pretty cool. Even better if they can manage Dynamis (and other areas I'm probably not thinking about...Assault maybe?).
    (0)

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast