Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54

Request. Please allow trust in abbysea

Hi. I'm a returning gamer. And i find the trust idea really good. But not being able to use them on timed instances puts me off.

Dynamis, promivion, mostly abyssea is content almost no body does.
    I'm enjoying doing all the main and expantion quests. And i find abbysea story enjojable but at one point it's almost imposile to solo( like i said no body does it anymore) exept worms
    (5)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You can solo all the mega bosses in Abyssea with a decently geared level 99 Ninja. What else were you having trouble with? By the way, they had an event a few months ago where they gave away I think 20 different atmas and 100k cruor to everyone, so you should have taken advantage of that to get you started. Razed Ruins was one of the atma (the best one)
    (1)

I'm gonna say, No. If you need EXP then join a worm party or form a standard party and go to Dho's Gate. Trusts do not need to be added to Dynamis or Abyssea. They'll be more of a hindrance than a help (unless you don't care about rewards.) Both places are about a proc. system, many of which your Trusts won't help you with. Promyvion, I've got no problem with, because that's a story element for an actually expansion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 07-12-2014 at 10:00 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I'm gonna say, No. If you need EXP then join a worm party or form a standard party and go to Dho's Gate. Trusts do not need to be added to Dynamis or Abyssea. They'll be more of a hindrance than a help (unless you don't care about rewards.) Both places are about a proc. system, many of which your Trusts won't help you with. Promyvion, I've got to problem with, because that's a story element for an actually expansion.
    They want to use Trusts to get clears or atmas, not to farm.

Good luck trying to get a party together for anything other than killing worms.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    They want to use Trusts to get clears or atmas, not to farm.

Good luck trying to get a party together for anything other than killing worms.
    If I could win each Dynamis Stand Boss (except Beau.) as a SMN at 99, before they added ilvl stuff, then I'm sure more jobs could do just the same. Also, you want to proc Red to get the atmas, otherwise the drop rate for them isn't even worth it. Not to mention boss like Rani which require you to have other KI, which also require you to proc. Red. So, you may not be 'farming' but you still are.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    If I could win each Dynamis Stand Boss (except Beau.) as a SMN at 99, before they added ilvl stuff, then I'm sure more jobs could do just the same. Also, you want to proc Red to get the atmas, otherwise the drop rate for them isn't even worth it. Not to mention boss like Rani which require you to have other KI, which also require you to proc. Red. So, you may not be 'farming' but you still are.
    Smn was/is faceroll for soloing things, try it on a dps.

I'd rather have a chance at getting an atma than none at all.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I see people do the mini bosses for emp weapons on jobs that can't hit most procs all the time. Nin/war with the right atma on can get all but GS. Nin/dnc even with atmas gained from outside aby are not too shabby to use can clear a lot of things. Dnc/thf, thf/dnc, bst, smn, blu are all good jobs that can solo almost anything in abyssea. Heck even Pld/dnc or Pld/blu or w/e does a good job with soloing things. Sure you probably will have less chance of getting an atma but as long as you build your lights and keep your time running good you'll get them aventually. Things inside of abyssea are a joke with ilv gear on. Even with non optimal atmas on for the bosses you're fighting against.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1

As if DPS isn't faceroll for solo things in ABYSSEA. Ppl been soloing them on DPS since pre-SoA.
    (2)

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    I can't honestly see how it affects people that say no to this.
    Abbysea is OLD content, nothing is broken by doing this.
    I don't see what could be wrong in allowing trusts in abbysea for people like me that just came back and didn't played when it was the "thing"
    everybody is at SOA areas, adn the only thing they do is worm parties which is boring after doing it a second time.
    Weather things in abbysea can be soloed or not, that is not the point.
    IF Square Allow trust in abbysea nothing is broken.
    So to all those that say no. Whats your problem with this, really
    (5)

I'd rather have a chance at getting an atma than none at all.
    SMN isn't this super Solo class that everyone makes it out to be. >_> SMN can kite yes, but is tied with having the weakness DEF in the game. If something has Draw-In or Strong AoE Spells, I'm screwed, because I can't gain distance( either from being pulled back, or Avatar dying too quickly). As for Abyssea, I have most definitely tried as a 'DD'; A NIN, THF, WAR, DNC, and MNK to be exact. A NIN (Which the OP is) Can handle pretty much any with /DNC, and if you need to Proc. Red, you can take a chance and /WAR. The Trusts don't have the WS needed to proc with the exception of a handful, but that's also placing your hope that they'll actually use it, and It's the Weakness you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordkyron View Post
    I can't honestly see how it affects people that say no to this.
    Abbysea is OLD content, nothing is broken by doing this.
    I don't see what could be wrong in allowing trusts in abbysea for people like me that just came back and didn't played when it was the "thing"
    everybody is at SOA areas, adn the only thing they do is worm parties which is boring after doing it a second time.
    Weather things in abbysea can be soloed or not, that is not the point.
    IF Square Allow trust in abbysea nothing is broken.
    So to all those that say no. Whats your problem with this, really
    You also lumped Dynamis into you original thing, and the thing is that people still do it. Flooding a zone with all these people spamming trusts would destroy any hopes of actually making any headway for relic weapons, because you'd be fighting over camps and rushing to make sure to tag mobs before the next group, and honestly that's not something I'd want to have to do. As it stands, I don't mind going to Dynamis, but it's something more leisurely now, rather than chaotic like it used to be.

As for Abyssea, You having trusts, means that Mobs that are on a 10-15 Min timer, would now have a queue, because unless you have the means to proc. the mobs, you're going to be be fighting them over, and over, and over again until you get lucky enough to get the KIs. And ask anyone how awesome it is fighting over the Colorless Soul Mobs. Make a friend, It's an MMO for crying out loud. If you were on my server, I'd help you if I have the time. I know there are more people like that than just me. You can also start your own LS, try recruiting others that are in the similar situation. As for brokenness, Abyssea applies atmas to pets, so that means they'd have to consider the fact of doing the same to Trusts, because it's ultimately the Crour Buffs and Atmas that can make or break a battle. So, not applying them to Trusts puts them at a disadvantage.
    (1)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast