Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordkyron View Post
    This is what happened to me, and what got me mad that day.
    If i could have trust in there , my trust companion could have received death and i would have finish the mob.
    Some things like this also happen in abyssea.

It's annoying when there is nothing you can do about it.
    also i WANT TO PLAY THE CONTENT. i don't want someone to come and kill it for me , in lol equipment, i want to earn it .
    I don't think that is hard to understand.
    If i just wanted the win, i could have said
    /sh recruiting merc to kill (insert boss here)
    On the "I want to play the content" issue, well for Aby thats easy. Level WAR 99, get some 117 free armor from the new helpful sparks/bayld offerings, get some low-delay weapons (all WAR types) and go skill-up your WAR weapons. Then go War/dnc and proc the atmas you want. Or proc the KI for the ZBs you want. Mighty Strikes the ZB. Drink some cruor potions. Easy.

"Playing the content", for me, meant levelling a lot of jobs, because FFXI was never intended to be "I want to solo on the job of my choice, with no alternative jobs." Its the same as people complaining about mobs spamming Death or w/e, these mobs were traditionally killed by changing to a pet job with low recall timer pets like Smn or Pup.

So if you want to farm Aby, understand Aby is a proc based zone, and you need to level a proc job. Consider yourself lucky that your newly levelled capped-skills WAR can go and solo proc Atmas using ilvl gear, most of us in the early Aby had to form alliances, with all the problems involved in that. If a specific mob uses attacks that are player-unfriendly or catastrophic, you switch jobs to your Pup or Bst, and let the pet solo the mob. Aby is totally soloable if you take the time to level a proc job and a pet job, and to skill those jobs up. By the way, levelling jobs and skilling them is totally "I want to play the content" in capslock or otherwise.
    (3)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    What really bugs me these days is more and more people are using programs or autoexec to ws for them soon as they get 100tp, or use autora so its auto fires for them on rng, then they shout the loudest if they win a parse, err hello! Your computer won that parse for you and why are you even playing.

This isn't about me loosing a parse before anyone says i always do good top 1-3 even when the others are using the above to ws for them at 100tp. People in my ls are using it and its discussed on skype before you ask me how i know they are.
    (0)

Player
    Auto-ra, looking at it, just fires every 1.5 seconds. Which.. with Snapshot and Coursers and Frazzle.. that's probably a dps decrease.

As for getting BM or Autoexec to autows, yeah, but I never see it as being anything but laziness. These things are possible with enough focus, but I think after 12 years people don't care to be that attentive anymore.

This game, at least for me, only holds my interest due to the collection and optimization of sets. So I'd never begrude someone for not wanting to tap Ctrl+whatever 200 times a second to ensure that their ranged attacks are firing off as quickly as they could, or focusing intently on a tp bar to ensure that they're hitting a macro as soon as it ticks over to 100.

Of course, you're completely inclined to disagree with me on that, I just think that the gameplay has remained unchanged in the 12 the game has ran, and after 6 years of playing.. I can't begrude anyone for wanting it to be more efficient. The moment to moment gameplay of XI is more tedious than fun.

That being said, and I'm not sure how true this is, but the increase in skillchain damage and the increase in fTP per anchor has made it so that in some situations timing your ws with someone will be more efficient than just spamming at 100 (I could be wrong there, and I think there's probably a low cut off point for it). So for both cases (Autora and 100tp automatic ws) you're just being lazy for a potential decrease in damage.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    What'd I read here? Sounds like another troll tried to entertain the readers.

To entertain the readers even further, back when I play 14 every mining spot had characters auto-mine underground and ninja teleport between the mining points.

Yes, if there's a MMO with no cheater/botter/RMT I'd go play it without 2nd thought, but it only exist in my dream *

Also, you get the definition of elitist and cheater wrong. Not all cheaters are elitist, not all elitists cheat.
    Really?

I played FFXI, WoW, GW2, Tera and FFXIV.

FFXI, cheating (speed hacks, automation tools, bots, map scanners, mem scanners, warp hacks, automated claim tools) and botting everywhere, 2nd worst MMO for outright abuse I've ever seen. Only beating by....
    FFXIV, botting 100x worse than on FFXI, RMT far worse than FFXI, cheating is about the same (radars, speed hacking, warp hacking and things).
    WoW, RMT tells that get dealt with quickly....very minor botting.
    Gw2, bots. Lots of them.
    Tera, almost no bots, no rmt at all and no cheat programs.

It's mainly Square Enix MMO titles that are infested with RMT, cheats and botters. Get out and experience more titles and you'll see.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 07-24-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Player
    And.. on topic.. I don't think trusts in abyssea would be the worst thing in the world, mainly because I think that content is easy and not many people do it.

Having it in dynamis would be atrocious, just having Haste, Protect and March would speed things considerably, and your third trust could just be a provoke spamming one for extra JA procs. I could see that really impacting the price of already cheap currency.
    (0)

Player
    The argument about the topic is pretty much pointless, you did read the dev response right?
    (0)

Player
    The one on page 5, the one where you and others continued to talk about it for for 9 pages? Yeah.

Doesn't mean I can't at least throw in my 2 cents, regardless of how pointless it might be.
    (2)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    The one that said that they MIGHT look into it, but don't hold your breath and if it does get looked into it it'll probably will be next year? That one? That's why I said in my post following that if they do this blah blah blah.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Really?

I played FFXI, WoW, GW2, Tera and FFXIV.

FFXI, cheating (speed hacks, automation tools, bots, map scanners, mem scanners, warp hacks, automated claim tools) and botting everywhere, 2nd worst MMO for outright abuse I've ever seen. Only beating by....
    FFXIV, botting 100x worse than on FFXI, RMT far worse than FFXI, cheating is about the same (radars, speed hacking, warp hacking and things).
    WoW, RMT tells that get dealt with quickly....very minor botting.
    Gw2, bots. Lots of them.
    Tera, almost no bots, no rmt at all and no cheat programs.

It's mainly Square Enix MMO titles that are infested with RMT, cheats and botters. Get out and experience more titles and you'll see.
    I've played enough Asian MMO and don't get me started with cheats, bots and RMTs.......SE MMO isn't the only title I've played. Western MMO generally has less cheat/bot/RMT issues than Asian titles though.

Either way, I just find it funny that everyone act as if every other MMO are "clean" but only FFXI are full of cheaters.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    I've played enough Asian MMO and don't get me started with cheats, bots and RMTs.......SE MMO isn't the only title I've played. Western MMO generally has less cheat/bot/RMT issues than Asian titles though.

Either way, I just find it funny that everyone act as if every other MMO are "clean" but only FFXI are full of cheaters.
    It's not an act, I've played a lot more than the ones I listed. Nothing, nothing comes even slightly close to FFXI.

NOTHING.

Some games have bots, some have RMT, some have cheats. FFXI and FFXIV has them all in massive quantities, name one MMO that has more? I'm sure you played FFXI and FFXIV as much as me and know exactly how bad it is.
    (0)

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast