Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Some of you current players wonder why FFXI is in such a state, with the few newer players the game does get are leaving. Let me enlighten you as to why it's as it is and the community is so bad these days:

Players like many of the ones listed above that want to make the game horrible for new players and returnees because it suits them, just to be obnoxious. They don't want new players to get atmas or be able to actually get clears or do content in Abyssea or Dynamis simply because they are obnoxious and toxic players, there is really no good reason not to allow this but fight against it anyway, just because. They are basically the old jaded cancer that is killing any possibility to actually bring players back to this game.

There is no valid reason to not allow players without the benefits many of you enjoy (atmas obtained when groups were formed for this content, when the community was more active) to be able to do this old content anymore outside of selfishness, block them for...some reason? Just to stop them playing? Is it actually selfishness or is there some unknown reason you want people to not be able to make progress in this new deserted FFXI?

Newer players or returnees ask to be able to use the trust system (a system added due to nobody at all to level with) in a zone that virtually nobody goes to and that it's impossible to make progress in these days and they say no because....no valid reason, just to be obnoxious and selfish I presume.

Man this game is going more and more into a solo MMO, why do people want that?
    Because every zone is dead, you are extremely lucky to see 1-2 people in even 1/3 of the zones you frequent during leveling.
    Same applies to any content that is not current (the content most newer players can't do)
    Most people that come to try FFXI or return leave pretty quick because every zone is a solo playing experience, the game is literally dead outside of the current content.

A dead mmo is a solo mmo, you might not like that because you don't see it from the new player experience but this game is barren. They didn't add the trust system for fun, it was added out of necessity. Many of the things people are asking for are again, out of necessity.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 07-12-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Some of you current players wonder why FFXI is in such a state, with the few newer players the game does get are leaving. Let me enlighten you as to why it's as it is and the community is so bad these days:

Players like many of the ones listed above that want to make the game horrible for new players and returnees because it suits them, just to be obnoxious. They don't want new players to get atmas or be able to actually get clears or do content in Abyssea or Dynamis simply because they are obnoxious and toxic players, there is really no good reason not to allow this but fight against it anyway, just because. They are basically the old jaded cancer that is killing any possibility to actually bring players back to this game.

There is no valid reason to not allow players without the benefits many of you enjoy (atmas obtained when groups were formed for this content, when the community was more active) to be able to do this old content anymore outside of selfishness, block them for...some reason? Just to stop them playing? Is it actually selfishness or is there some unknown reason you want people to not be able to make progress in this new deserted FFXI?

Newer players or returnees ask to be able to use the trust system (a system added due to nobody at all to level with) in a zone that virtually nobody goes to and that it's impossible to make progress in these days and they say no because....no valid reason, just to be obnoxious and selfish I presume.

Because every zone is dead, you are extremely lucky to see 1-2 people in even 1/3 of the zones you frequent during leveling.
    Same applies to any content that is not current (the content most newer players can't do)
    Most people that come to try FFXI or return leave pretty quick because every zone is a solo playing experience, the game is literally dead outside of the current content.

A dead mmo is a solo mmo, you might not like that because you don't see it from the new player experience but this game is barren. They didn't add the trust system for fun, it was added out of necessity. Many of the things people are asking for are again, out of necessity.
    i think you misunderstand most people, i never stated I was against the idea of trusts in abyssea, but alas, abyssea is so easy even without atmas and just haveing ilvl 117 gear + state enhancement from cruor, that you can farm your atmas right now.... instead people like to bitch and not get to work on getting them, thats what bhaffles me
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Also if you haven't finished your nation quest line, the other add-ons, any of the other expansions, dragons, having beaten up ultima and omega in limbus, face rolled Kirin then do so. Don't have to do all of these, but guess what you get inside this wonderful abyssea zone when you do and you talk to the atma memory jack npc. Atmas! The one from ASA is pretty nice for mages if you don't have a better version of it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Stuff
    The thing that bothers me is that you're saying completely different things. What is it that you want? Do you want to enjoy the story, do you want the atmas, or do you want experience?

The OP lumped Dynamis in there as 'dead content' which isn't true, Trusts aren't needed in there for anyone at 99 with the right sub. Because this content it about maximizing the time spent and the money gained, not just some mindless Slaughterfest. And as I mentioned before, if it's atmas you are after, the trusts won't help you, as you need to Proc. Red. and there are enemies you're going to flatout lose to, from you dying, your trusts killing you, or the support you need dying. Bosses like Rani with spells that are all AoE, meteor with a colossal range. Eccentric Eve with AoE Death. Shinryu with AoE spells, draw-in, Healing abilities. Bukhis and Apoc. Ray. So really, they're no help with farming atmas; they can't proc and can't be swapped/resummoned in difficult battles. If you're after the story, for Abyssea, you maybe out of luck until the reforge happens, but if you play the actually full add-ons, RoZ, CoP, WotG, even do rank missions, you get decent atmas there to help you. If you're after EXP, there's is RoE, Books, and even that worm party which will net you things much faster than than farming pop items. Ultimately, asking real people for help is your better options for Abyssea. Deciding what it is you really want to get done is the biggest thing.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    Ok i will state this in a clear way.

With my lv 99 thf,ninja. i don't have many of the important atmas people here use in order to faceroll abbysea ( they want to feel special i think and i agree with content THAT is ACTUAL NOT OBSOLETE)

SO here goes a long explanation.

I came from ARR i was farming 2nd coil and already have a novus (not hard to make) and then i realized i haven't done much in the main quest ( don't like ARR main quest)
    So i went to continue the main quest,and after killing Extreme primals that attention W.... mynphilia wanted me to deliver some papers , then pick up some tea leaves (the lalafell) and i said !@$# this. and didn't resub.
    There is nothing for me in patch 2.3 the daily hunts are a joke of external content.

Then i remember that i still had my FFXI char, NOW about that
    I"M NOT NEW to the game. i did my share of content PRE ABBYSEA, then i had to cancel because of RL.
    I return after many years ,and everything is changed , it's ok a game has to evolve.
    Long gone are the days of Party in dunes, khazam,colibries etc etc. Now everything is worm party or GOV alliance to lv up.

So i started a new character in order to RE enjoy the Main quest , zilart and COP storyline, and to be honest TY SQUARE for letting me solo these quests on a lv 99 job. I really appreciate it
    on its heyday it was a blast doing all the pre abbyse content with people but TODAY everyone already did it, so most of them are on SOA areas, so being able to solo them is OK NOW.

About Trust in Dynamis well i understand why people don't want them in there but isn't it a little to Hypocrite i mean, MANY PEOPLE DUAL BOX you guys now you do, so isn't a dual box like having my personal trust?

About abbysea same as above many people USED TO o still DUAL BOX in there with the most powerful Atmas and Decked in SOA equipment and then they say "BUT ABBYSEA IS TO EASY WHY DON'T YOU SOLO IT???
    Well if i had my personal trust (dual box) and the same SOA gear well........................

SO here goes.
    By allowing trust in abbysea some of the people that are new and was wondering if there is something else in abbysea besides a worm party, well, they could do the storyline and enjoy it.
    Does it affect the gamers that have everything they need from abbysea?
    NO NOT REALLY it only affects their EGO, that's it.

Are trust efficient in abbysea?
    Who knows, maybe trust will allow to do abbysea with some jobs that used to have problems in there. Besides trust are not as efficient as all those MONKS WITH THEIR PERSONAL TRUST COMPANION CALLLED WHITE MAGE!! did i ring the bell?

Now if someone gets ofended by my post well......
    maybe what i said is something YOU DO.

SO this is a petition to SQUARE ENIX i don't see any point in other people coming in here and say NO because, and say many things that honestly don't break the games balance.

ALSO the more content a gamer can do the more Time a gamer will SUB!.

DO i want this game to be SOLO MMORPG!
    NOOOOOOOOOO but in some areas it has become a SOLO MMORPG.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordkyron View Post
    Ok i will state this in a clear way.

With my lv 99 thf,ninja. i don't have many of the important atmas people here use in order to faceroll abbysea ( they want to feel special i think and i agree with content THAT is ACTUAL NOT OBSOLETE)

SO here goes a long explanation.

I came from ARR i was farming 2nd coil and already have a novus (not hard to make) and then i realized i haven't done much in the main quest ( don't like ARR main quest)
    So i went to continue the main quest,and after killing Extreme primals that attention W.... mynphilia wanted me to deliver some papers , then pick up some tea leaves (the lalafell) and i said !@$# this. and didn't resub.
    There is nothing for me in patch 2.3 the daily hunts are a joke of external content.

Then i remember that i still had my FFXI char, NOW about that
    I"M NOT NEW to the game. i did my share of content PRE ABBYSEA, then i had to cancel because of RL.
    I return after many years ,and everything is changed , it's ok a game has to evolve.
    Long gone are the days of Party in dunes, khazam,colibries etc etc. Now everything is worm party or GOV alliance to lv up.

So i started a new character in order to RE enjoy the Main quest , zilart and COP storyline, and to be honest TY SQUARE for letting me solo these quests on a lv 99 job. I really appreciate it
    on its heyday it was a blast doing all the pre abbyse content with people but TODAY everyone already did it, so most of them are on SOA areas, so being able to solo them is OK NOW.

About Trust in Dynamis well i understand why people don't want them in there but isn't it a little to Hypocrite i mean, MANY PEOPLE DUAL BOX you guys now you do, so isn't a dual box like having my personal trust?

About abbysea same as above many people USED TO o still DUAL BOX in there with the most powerful Atmas and Decked in SOA equipment and then they say "BUT ABBYSEA IS TO EASY WHY DON'T YOU SOLO IT???
    Well if i had my personal trust (dual box) and the same SOA gear well........................

SO here goes.
    By allowing trust in abbysea some of the people that are new and was wondering if there is something else in abbysea besides a worm party, well, they could do the storyline and enjoy it.

Who knows, maybe trust will allow to do abbysea with some jobs that used to have problems in there. Besides trust are not as efficient as all those MONKS WITH THEIR PERSONAL TRUST COMPANION CALLLED WHITE MAGE!! did i ring the bell?

Now if someone gets ofended by my post well......
    maybe what i said is something YOU DO.

SO this is a petition to SQUARE ENIX i don't see any point in other people coming in here and say NO because, and say many things that honestly don't break the games balance.

ALSO the more content a gamer can do the more Time a gamer will SUB!.

DO i want this game to be SOLO MMORPG!
    NOOOOOOOOOO but in some areas it has become a SOLO MMORPG.

I don't understand the logic behind "if you're against trust in abyssea, you don't want your ego being affected and you must want to feel special".

I'm not strictly against trust in Abyssea, but I can understand why ppl are against the idea of trust in general. One of the main selling point in FFXI is the community, which is a lot closer than almost every other MMO I've played. 80% of the reason is because you must rely on friends and connections to get shit done. When I was new, I needed help for a lot of missions and farming, so does everyone else. So I started to make friends/connections so I can progress. Older FFXI is pretty much "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine", you must make friends and do others a favor so you can progress by having others help you back.

Having a trust being accessible everywhere just made ppl start to solo their own stuff and not needing friends anymore. Yes, you will progress faster with NPC, on the same time, you also missed opportunity to become part of the community like old FFXI.

IMO, in a MMORPG, community> progression. For gods sake, join a LS, ask "I need Abyssea clear/atma, do you have time to help?" or something like that. When you finally get clear and get good gears, help your LS back. That's how community works. Go into Abyssea and solo with trust isn't going to make that happen. It has nothing to do with wanting to feel special nor it related to ego.
    (0)

Again... I keep repeating the same thing over and over it seems. Is hypocritical to Dual Box in either areas; No, not at all. Because even if it's the same player, it's still a PLAYER. Going to Dynamis isn't about how fast you can clear an area, it's about how fast to can get the TEs and Proc said mobs so you can earn the most currency possible with a chance of scoring Relic armors or accessories.

SO here goes.

Do you not have the Seekers of Adoulin expansion? You can get this exact same 'SoA Gear' DB'ing is someone's play style, and there's nothing wrong with it, it's often times a lot hard to Play two characters than it is to let some stupid AI pet hit something.

I've said it once before, You don't need to do anything in Abyssea, the only thing major there is the Emp. Gear, that's it. It doesn't unlock anything super for completing it. You don't have to be so far in to reforge armors. You don't need to do it to fight in the SKCNM Fights. It's an add-on, not even a full expansion. You can get good atmas by beating the main stories(WotG is most notable), and you can can do Record of Eminence and get Spark Gear which is ilvl117. All these things have been said multiple times now. The Mega Boss in La Thine, most likely you won't be able to beat, even if you do have trusts, because his abilities curses you and prevents you from being healed. Your trusts won't know that and spam Curse and Cure VI, so your pocket white mage just blew it's whole load and that saying if it was outside the range and didn't die. Trusts are useless outside a handful of scenarios. If you can't proc. Red and survive, then you're wasting you time, you'll never get the 'Good Atmas,' in most cases you even won't beat that 'story'.

Seriously, Team-up with someone, look for a LS, find real people and do this. Honestly, there will be a renewed interest, I promise because people are going to want to reforge their emp. gear too. Just hold out, do something else that's actually matters, and come back when you get help, or the items that make it easier to do.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    Like i said those days are long gone,
    Abbysea is dead content to many people.
    i used to help a lot of people on the old days, but FFXI is not what it used to be.
    So what if i wnat to use trust instead of ask for help everyday i want to do something in abbysea?
    Does it affect anyone? no it only affects the people that want to be needed that's all.

Why do you think square removed the lv cap on the old content? there is a reason why, i'm not inclined to say it, i'm tired of this.
    like i said allowing trust in abbysea has more to gain than to loose.
    It helps new people do what they need (if they want to) it only hurts the ego of old players that had the chance of doing it in a group how it was menat6 to be. and that's it.

Imagine this sceneario.
    New guys enters abbysea fto continue the story in his own pace. uses trust and continues.
    DOES IT AFFECT ANYONE?
    (0)
    Last edited by Lordkyron; 07-13-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Like i said those days are long gone,
    Abbysea is dead content to many people.

Imagine this sceneario.
    New guys enters abbysea fto continue the story in his own pace. uses trust and continues.
    DOES IT AFFECT ANYONE?
    Like a said before, it'll see a renewal, you just have to wait...

And you keep saying 'story, story,' Abyssea doesn't really have any story. It's an add-on. It was filler.
    So here's the question to you? So even if you could use Trusts in abyssea, what would then matter to YOU, if you couldn't beat it anyway? There are mobs in there that yes, can be soloed, and a lot of them are done by people that already have these atmas. But this new person, He's still doesn't have the atmas, he still can't get the atmas, and he still can't get the wins, because he doesn't have the actual support he needs. The Trusts gain nothing except you have someone that can heal you while to EXP on the mobs in Abyssea. If you're using them to complete 'Mega Boss' Fights, most cases they're just going to die.

Look are the current content, WKR - Trusts are great for soloing the mobs that aren't the actually boss. Most of the time they die due to staying in the Doom, HP Drain, or other Aura, or are killed quickly by the TP, Standard, or AoE attacks.

You also ask if it effects anyone? Yes. Yes, it does. You get your wish and they add them to dynamis then you impact the people that use that as a means to make money. If they get added to abyssea, that means that someone has to program that stuff, and they have to test and make sure what does and doesn't effect trusts. So if it's like you said, this is 'dead content' that mean they're pulling resources away that could be better used to fix X job, or make this piece of equipment better.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 07-13-2014 at 08:14 AM. Reason: thought of more

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    I think the real question is
    WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO YOU IF PEOPLE USE TRUST IN ABBYSEA?
    IN WHAT WAY DOES IT AFFECT YOU.
    There i think you can understand now.

CAN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ABOVE?
    (0)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast