Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordkyron View Post
    I can't honestly see how it affects people that say no to this.
    Abbysea is OLD content, nothing is broken by doing this.
    I don't see what could be wrong in allowing trusts in abbysea for people like me that just came back and didn't played when it was the "thing"
    everybody is at SOA areas, adn the only thing they do is worm parties which is boring after doing it a second time.
    Weather things in abbysea can be soloed or not, that is not the point.
    IF Square Allow trust in abbysea nothing is broken.
    So to all those that say no. Whats your problem with this, really

No one is really saying a big NO in this thread, it's more like just pointing out trust doesn't make a huge difference in Abyssea because of proc. Also many jobs can solo Abyssea with or without trust.

It's just trying to help, since SE isn't fixing this anytime soon and even if they have plan, it'd be next month or later. It's better to solo and get clear now, than wait forever for an adjustment.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    As if DPS isn't faceroll for solo things in ABYSSEA. Ppl been soloing them on DPS since pre-SoA.
    With Atmas, what if you don't have atmas like pretty much any new player? That's the point, to get them or do Aby without them.

SMN isn't this super Solo class that everyone makes it out to be. >_> SMN can kite yes, but is tied with having the weakness DEF in the game. If something has Draw-In or Strong AoE Spells, I'm screwed, because I can't gain distance( either from being pulled back, or Avatar dying too quickly). As for Abyssea, I have most definitely tried as a 'DD'; A NIN, THF, WAR, DNC, and MNK to be exact. A NIN (Which the OP is) Can handle pretty much any with /DNC, and if you need to Proc. Red, you can take a chance and /WAR. The Trusts don't have the WS needed to proc with the exception of a handful, but that's also placing your hope that they'll actually use it, and It's the Weakness you need.
    Solo on smn: put a pet on it, run to a safe range (just inside draw-in if needbe) summon and run while wearing - emnity gear. Repeate for as long as it takes.

The whole point of the post was that new players cannot get atmas, DO NOT HAVE ATMAS. As such Abyssea is a really horrible zone to kill stuff in, which leads to either allow people to use trusts there OR give people the atmas.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 07-12-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Solo on smn: put a pet on it, run to a safe range (just inside draw-in if needbe) summon and run while wearing - emnity gear. Repeate for as long as it takes.

The whole point of the post was that new players cannot get atmas, DO NOT HAVE ATMAS. As such Abyssea is a really horrible zone to kill stuff in, which leads to either allow people to use trusts there OR give people the atmas.
    First off, don't lecture me on how to play the job. I know how to play SMN, and I know what it can do. And if it's so much a faceroll, then why don't you level SMN and do the same thing. Second, Make friends.... PLAIN AND SIMPLE. You don't have do to anything in abyssea, nothing. The only thing you may want is the Emp. Gear and the +2 items for them, all of which you can get from login point. There's a handful of things that you need more than a few people to do, and even those aren't that hard with the right setup. Trusts ultimately Won't help that much, because they won't think the same way a player will. They're going to stand right next to a mob and die super quick from AoEs and other Death Mobs(And trust me, those AoEs for some moves are huge). So quit your griping over something, when you haven't even thought it through. You may get some atmas, but the Atmas you want, won't be the ones you'll be able to get with Trusts. SE has already said that they're going to reforge the Emp. Gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

While I can't give you a specific implementation time at the moment, rest assured that Empyrean armor reforging is on the way!
    Which guess what, that means there will be a renewed interest in abyssea, because people will start wanting to +1 and +2 things because they'll be easier to upgrade.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 07-12-2014 at 03:29 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    First off, don't lecture me on how to play the job. I know how to play SMN, and I know what it can do. And if it's so much a faceroll, then why don't you level SMN and do the same thing. Second, Make friends.... PLAIN AND SIMPLE. You don't have do to anything in abyssea, nothing. The only thing you may want is the Emp. Gear and the +2 items for them, all of which you can get from login point. There's a handful of things that you need more than a few people to do, and even those aren't that hard with the right setup. Trusts ultimately Won't help that much, because they won't think the same way a player will. They're going to stand right next to a mob and die super quick from AoEs and other Death Mobs(And trust me, those AoEs for some moves are huge). So quit your griping over something, when you haven't even thought it through. You may get some atmas, but the Atmas you want, won't be the ones you'll be able to get with Trusts. SE has already said that they're going to reforge the Emp. Gear...
    Why, do you think you're special with your 99 smn? I (and most other people these days) had every job at 99 on my previous character, I'm well aware how easy things are with smn. I'm also aware how easy Abyssea is with the correct atmas on any job, if you can get them.

I returned a couple of months ago with the intent of starting fresh but so much content is locked off to us because nobody does it and of those players that never do it or help others they want to make it more horrible.

The point being made was that these things make the game more attractive for players that aren't already set. Let them do the Abyssea missions (you know enjoy the story), let them get atmas so they can play around killing stuff etc The whole addition of Trusts was an admission by Square that the playerbase is in a shocking state and party based leveling/lower tier content is broken, so they added these. People are just asking them to expand it a bit into other outdated content most players never go anywhere near anymore.

Allowing players to have all the atmas or to use trust in Abyssea won't hurt you so why are you so against it? Let people enjoy this old game with outdated content.
    (0)

I'm really hoping they let us use both Faith and Fellows inside Abyssea sooner rather than later.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Why, do you think you're special with your 99 smn? I (and most other people these days) had every job at 99 on my previous character, I'm well aware how easy things are with smn. I'm also aware how easy Abyssea is with the correct atmas on any job, if you can get them.
    You obviously have no clue of anything SMN, its not this super easy mode job. If Summoner was so Badass, then it'd be in every party, but it's not. I enjoy playing the job, which is why I play it.

I returned a couple of months ago with the intent of starting fresh but so much content is locked off to us because nobody does it and of those players that never do it or help others they want to make it more horrible.
    Actually, I do still go there and farm, and as I've already said before, I've got no problems with helping people. Have you even asked someone? Try joining a LS. You and I are on the same serve, so I know that there are some around.

The point being made was that these things make the game more attractive for players that aren't already set. Let them do the Abyssea missions (you know enjoy the story), let them get atmas so they can play around killing stuff etc The whole addition of Trusts was an admission by Square that the playerbase is in a shocking state and party based leveling/lower tier content is broken, so they added these. People are just asking them to expand it a bit into other outdated content most players never go anywhere near anymore.

Allowing players to have all the atmas or to use trust in Abyssea won't hurt you so why are you so against it? Let people enjoy this old game with outdated content.
    All I hear from you is "Gimme this, and Gimme That." Abyssea is a add-on arena, that's all it is. A cute "What if" Scenario. It had no real impact on the story what's so ever. You never need to step foot into it... Ever. You don't need the atmas, you don't need to fight anything, the only reason it was used was to help with the grind of leveling from 75 to 99.

From FFXIclopedia:
    "In order to obtain an Atma, elemental weapon skills must be used to yield its weakness (shown by a Weakness Red over the enemy's head.) Atma are guaranteed to drop after exploiting this weakness once. However, Repeatedly exploiting this weakness on the same enemy will drastically reduce your chances of obtaining an Atma." So, I'm not even sure you can get an Atma without procing red anyway.

1.) Trusts can't be resummoned in a fight, so once they die... That's it. Either you die and hope you can reclaim, or you just wasted a pop

2.) Trusts have mostly Character Unique Skills, so even if they did let them Proc. You have 2 or 3 that actually use the WS you need and that's IF you get lucky to have that be the WS and The Mob isn't casting a Spell or doing a TP move.

3.) Trusts have a set AI, they don't understand strategy - Stand on this side of mob so it only uses this TP move, so you run a greater chance of losing because of placement.

4.) Trusts have a required engagement to act, so it's means off or on. For a WHM, against a beastie the spams AoE Things and Silence that doesn't work so well. Not to mention enemies that Heal from physical DMG while TPing and Magical Damage while Casting Spell.

And why are you so against actually asking real people for help?
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

7. 07-12-2014 08:47 AM

Man this game is going more and more into a solo MMO, why do people want that? Is it really that hard to ask friends to help in Abyssea or to take any 117 set (eminent gear) and solo it on practically any job? You can solo all those mobs on almost any job, with the exception of a small handful like Rani, all using Eminent gears. I have done it myself on BLM, using all eminent gear and before big changes to some stuff. Trust in Abyssea I don't care, but not Dynamis lol please no.
    (3)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Soooo in other news >.> I am willing to merc Abyssea clears for free for anyone new or behind on Q as long as I am bored enough to do it, and I usually am. But if you see me in Upper Jeuno there is a 99.99999999999% chance I am AFK. Abyssea may be years old content now but the atmas are still relevant...when you're in there, and you will be because it is still relevant for some activities.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I am not really sure whether I am for or against trusts NPCs in abyssa, mainly because I have a lot of the good atmas and have no problem soloing. But if it does happen I have an idea. If possible, maybe SE can make it so you have to choose either between using atmas or using trusts. Basically meaning, if you have trusts out, once you equip an atma, trusts are automatically dismissed. This would help some of the new players use trusts until they get some good atmas. But it should't flood the area of trust npcs, because using atmas (at least the big ones) are way more beneficial then trusts would ever be. What to you guys thing?
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

not nitpicking, but abyssea is laughable without atmas and ilvl 117 gear... just sayin ¬.¬, get eminent gear and wail away in abyssea, you wont die in most cases even withotu atmas., omg doing abyssea without atmas BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!! well you can get the atmas as said with ilvl 117 gear and then put them on when you have them!
    (0)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast