Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fish Usefulness

Quote Originally Posted by woie View Post
    god no... and just NO
    You know thats going to be what they do >_>; and since they're R/EX, you'll have to fish em all up yourself, like Shaper's Shawl
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You know thats going to be what they do >_>; and since they're R/EX, you'll have to fish em all up yourself, like Shaper's Shawl
    You mean you'll have to turn the fish in yourself like shapers. You don't have to fish anything (well other than enough to unlock the quest that lets you gut)
    (0)

I know, gotta be 30 fishing for Inside the Belly, I thought about correcting it but decided it was too much effort :I
    (0)

Bumping this thread since I have some follow-up information!

Instead of making current legendary fish from Adoulin areas applicable for “Inside the Belly”, the team is planning to add new legendary fish that can be used for this quest.

I’m herring that the rewards are something that will make you hooked and really let you brag about how masterful of a fisher you are!

Implementation is still a bit off, but I'll let you know when there is more information!
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Instead of making current legendary fish from Adoulin areas applicable for “Inside the Belly”, the team is planning to add new legendary fish that can be used for this quest.
    That's cool and all but...

is nothing is being done to improve the fish that are currently worthless?
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    That's cool and all but...

is nothing is being done to improve the fish that are currently worthless?
    i look at it this way.... you don't use low level gear anymore unless you are doing low level content. so you won't use those old fish that are used for old recipes unless you're doing that low level content.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Bumping this thread since I have some follow-up information!

I’m herring that the rewards are something that will make you hooked and really let you brag about how masterful of a fisher you are!

Implementation is still a bit off, but I'll let you know when there is more information!
    ok Cam, we all like you but with those puns... if this was the Gong Show "BBOOOONNGGG"
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i look at it this way.... you don't use low level gear anymore unless you are doing low level content. so you won't use those old fish that are used for old recipes unless you're doing that low level content.
    But the Ulbukan fish are worthless too... Ruddy seema are used in a now entirely worthless crab jug, the mussels are used in a non repeatable quest, and that's it. And those are easier to get from a rank 1 mog garden than fishing them yourself anyway.

Take the 4 sea serpents. (Hakuryu, Sekiryu, etc.) Have them made into sushi with an acc/racc cap of 170 to match riverfin soups 80 att 90 acc, or magma steak's att +180. Have each one give +10 to a different base stat based on which serpent it is. Maybe Double attack +2, crit hit rate +2, MDB+5, and MAB+5, acc/racc+170 but take all 4 serpents to make some sort of rainbow roll instead.

Take Ulbukan lobster, Pterygotus, Shen, king locust, skull locust, selbina butter, and a persikos. Have it add Def+100 Eva +50, Pet Def +150 Pet Eva +100. Call it Eft's Delight.

Take a Bloodblotch, a yorchette, ulbukan coconut, beast blood, and el pachira fruit. Make it a drink that gives 7 mp/tick refresh and 1 hp/tick poison.

Just some examples. Bam, there are fish that are useful again. Fishing skill isn't worthless, Fishermen can make money selling them. Some old useless ingredients get used again. (Seriously, how many damn ingredients did you add just for jug pets that immediately became worthless because they have a level cap?) Crafters get more recipes to make. It only takes an afternoon to do the whole thing. Everyone wins.
    (0)
    Last edited by Louispv; 10-31-2014 at 07:52 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    But the Ulbukan fish are worthless too... Ruddy seema are used in a now entirely worthless crab jug, the mussels are used in a non repeatable quest, and that's it. And those are easier to get from a rank 1 mog garden than fishing them yourself anyway.

Take the 4 sea serpents. (Hakuryu, Sekiryu, etc.) Have them made into sushi with an acc/racc cap of 170 to match riverfin soups 80 att 90 acc, or magma steak's att +180. Have each one give +10 to a different base stat based on which serpent it is. Maybe Double attack +2, crit hit rate +2, MDB+5, and MAB+5, acc/racc+170 but take all 4 serpents to make some sort of rainbow roll instead.

Take Ulbukan lobster, Pterygotus, Shen, king locust, skull locust, selbina butter, and a persikos. Have it add Def+100 Eva +50, Pet Def +150 Pet Eva +100. Call it Eft's Delight.

Take a Bloodblotch, a yorchette, ulbukan coconut, beast blood, and el pachira fruit. Make it a drink that gives 7 mp/tick refresh and 1 hp/tick poison.

Just some examples. Bam, there are fish that are useful again. Fishing skill isn't worthless, Fishermen can make money selling them. Some old useless ingredients get used again. (Seriously, how many damn ingredients did you add just for jug pets that immediately became worthless because they have a level cap?) Crafters get more recipes to make. It only takes an afternoon to do the whole thing. Everyone wins.
    and here i thought ruddy seema was just used as a skillup synth. There are lots of items that are used just for skilling up crafts but the end products are pretty much worthless otherwise. Fish are just another one of those items.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    and here i thought ruddy seema was just used as a skillup synth. There are lots of items that are used just for skilling up crafts but the end products are pretty much worthless otherwise. Fish are just another one of those items.
    No item was like that until WoTG though. (Excluding nidhog scales which took 7 years to add a use for.) Everything was for a quest, or used in a recipe, or was useful in it's own right. It wasn't always the best use, since some gear was objectively better than others and some food better than others, but you could potentially use all of it. But then WoTG added a bunch of worthless fish, and then so did Seekers of Adoulin. Even the trash materials added in SoA for other crafts is made into usable items, even if those usable items became worthless when a higher item level came along later. But most of these fish are literally not even in any recipe. Just eat your bait and then npc them for less than the bait cost.

FFXIV did the same thing, but at least you can gut all the fish to get crystals for your other crafts, there.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast