Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I feel bad for you guys

I just made a new topic in general discussion and while posting it, it hit me. "Ranger is a job that exists."

You guys seriously need some love from the devs. I barely see rangers anymore in game so much that I actually forgot about the job entirely.

I like rangers. You guys need some buffs. >.<
    (9)

Thanks. Go rate up and contribute to the big thread or if you can the other threads in the other language boards. Apparently if a thread gets enough attention and long enough important people look at it.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    Thanks. Go rate up and contribute to the big thread or if you can the other threads in the other language boards. Apparently if a thread gets enough attention and long enough important people look at it.
    what big thread?

I would like to test my bow on NMs and such but atm I would say my sam is making better use of it

I tried exping both rng and SAM off VV atma ( STR, some double attack, maybe attack , dont remember), stout arm atma ( str, R attack and attack * i think), and some other atma thats R attack and R acc.

I was shooting as a rng and pushing sam on a 4 hit with sarbobo.

With rang shooting I would range 1.4 to 2.3k sih names while sam was doing about that too.
    the 85 yoshi (as sam, I did not try 85 yoshi with rng) gave me upwords to 2.5k on ws and would easly oneshot mobs just off lucky swings do solo light.

A few problems with RNG is how range attack works ( you need a crap ton!, the range attack stat) even with all those R attack atmas i still needed R attack food to boost the damage. When I shot for tp there was a delay between that shot and using WS.

berserk I saw a huge difference in damage and I still needed food on top of that I mean with those atmas.

Oh yeah I tried sam/war and rng/war.

to put it simply we hurt for doing "good" damage vs others when there is a lot of haste and delay reduction involved.

Also we need a LOT of range attack, gear does not cut it. for the most part it is like use str gear, only gear slot i can think of off the top of my head is using that back with 2 str and 15 R attack.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-31-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    A few ideas that would help.

- Boost Ranged Attack by a massive ammount, and allow for some more emnity mitigation by making Stealth Shot a 5 min ability and meriting it down to 1 min. That way, spamming arrows will get you killed, but properly managing shots, dmg, and whatnot will not only still produce the same output of damage per minute, but will reduce the cost of paying for damage.

- Allow for a wider range of arrows with a very easy and cheap method of making them. Also make quivers stack to 99. Allow ranger to have more natural TP return, and lower the delay on guns. for god's sake make sharp shot either a fulltime merit ability or a 1 minute recast. Fix Scavenge to find current ammo that is acutually usable.. .and make process of finding stuff more like 50% ... make stuff scavengable in ALL zones... not just older zones.

- allow a wider range of gear for rng with more rng friendly stats... or adjust the modifier values for stats RNG need... like instead of 2 AGI = 1 RNG acc, make 1 AGI = 2 RNG acc...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    A few ideas that would help.

- Boost Ranged Attack by a massive ammount, and allow for some more emnity mitigation by making Stealth Shot a 5 min ability and meriting it down to 1 min. That way, spamming arrows will get you killed, but properly managing shots, dmg, and whatnot will not only still produce the same output of damage per minute, but will reduce the cost of paying for damage.

- Allow for a wider range of arrows with a very easy and cheap method of making them. Also make quivers stack to 99. Allow ranger to have more natural TP return, and lower the delay on guns. for god's sake make sharp shot either a fulltime merit ability or a 1 minute recast. Fix Scavenge to find current ammo that is acutually usable.. .and make process of finding stuff more like 50% ... make stuff scavengable in ALL zones... not just older zones.

- allow a wider range of gear for rng with more rng friendly stats... or adjust the modifier values for stats RNG need... like instead of 2 AGI = 1 RNG acc, make 1 AGI = 2 RNG acc...
    Do you really think that would be enough to change the fortunes of the job?
    I'm not sure I want to just shot a couple times a minute for big damage and sit on my thumbs the rest of the time lest I get killed (I'm already doing that a bit on RNG). Makes snapshot gear pointless if we are not spamming arrows.
    I agree that cheaper arrows would be a boon to the job. Arguably Arrows should be free since we aren't paying for superior damage anymore and no crafter is making a living on arrows given their paucity on the AH market. And sharp shot needs to actually work before it becomes a fulltime meritable ability

We have more than enough cheap RACC gear, I don't think they need to change the ACC formula. What we need is more snapshot gear and have snapshot affected by Haste spells and Marches.

So my changes would be:
    1) Cheap ammo
    2) More snapshot and have it affected by haste spells and marches
    3) better enmity control for ranged attacks and better safety net (since we've turned from paper cannons to paper pea-shooters, we could at least get rid of the paper part of the job)

If I could just spam ranged attacks, not have the mob move and not have to beg synergists to make me ammo, I would be much happier. I don't need to outdamage anyone if I can be comparable and not have to worry about my safety or the mob moving or spending all my gil on ammo, if I can even find it.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What about the idea of SHADOWBIND not being erased when causing damage to the mob. that would allow you to SB it, then start dmg so the mob dosent go all over for everyone else.

shots while moving would be an awesome addition too...

but yeah, other than that, with the changes i posted before, it would be boring only shooting a couple times... maybe have something else for us to do while we wait? l
    (0)

Character
    Neptuna
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ranger reminds me a lot of Ninja. On my server at least, as soon as the level cap increased beyond 75, I noticed a ton of ppl who had already had it leveled, just hadn't really played it that much previously. RNG is the same I think, a lot of people leveled it and enjoyed it, myself being one of them There's 2 reasons people dont play the job a lot, and have been for a long time; It's expensive for the average player, and the fact that you have to hit a /ra macro over and over and over.

In my opinion, those are just part of the job I've come to accept. Would an auto attack be nice? yup.

I love the ideas posted here already. Snapshot working in the sense that Hasso does would be nice to see. To extend Mira's point, my biggest issue with RNG is gearing it properly, or rather, the ability to compare pieces. Every other job your stat values are presented on your screen, but not for RNG. Also, a lot of our equipment choices don't present values for us to fairly evaluate their worth. EX: Is the Snapshot value on the Furia Jerkin better than the Mirke Wardecor augment? It's just odd to me, not like other gear just has "enhances haste effect" on it.

A lot of people tend to get frustrated with RNG's shifting hate. What about a JA opposite of a THF accomplice, allowing us to directly transfer a fraction of our enmity to a party member (or at the very least an enmity douse similar to BLM)

And why no crossbow magian trials? Never understood that one
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    I think rng is fine but only in the right hands. See those guys parading around in pink camo stock gear? Their damage is helping prevent bandwagoning and ammo hikes. What we could use is a camouflage fix imho. That ability along with -enmity allows us to put more work in with my store tp bow i'll be able to get amazing tp once i obtain +2 legs + hands as well as moonshade and some other standard parts. Rng like mnk have a balanced play field that i'd like to play on in harmony.

No super buffs please, just fix camouflage deactivation timer, shadowbind recast/bind, and WS without engage or increase WS distance to 18yalms.
    (0)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    I agree that in a completely non-buffed PT RNG is ok offensive wise. But once you start adding support buffs like haste,march, Atma and haste samba it's not even a challege for a auto-attacking melee to do way more and tank the mob at the same time.

IMO, Mirabelle's changes are exactly what RNG needs to compete with how the game plays now.
    1) Cheap ammo
    2) More snapshot and have it affected by haste spells and marches
    3) better enmity control for ranged attacks and better safety net

Even a JA/JT that makes Rapid Shot work more then once in a blue moon would be nice. Because atm Rapid Shot is like winning the lottery when it procs. lol
    (1)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    I think unnerfing camo (it was nerfed back when melee subbed mage for sneak/invis to force alchemy sales) would help with enmity. No way should my -enmity geared character drag hate from a melee who did less damage than i did. rapid shot does need some help or more traits... but outside abyssea we are pretty good imho.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast