Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[dev1003] Hand-to-hand fighters got the brunt end of the stick on triggers!D:

*/shocked*

ya..i'm making a thread supporting abyssea..please die of shock trolls....(no really..please die of shock....-_-; ) XD

anyways.....

Monks and puppetmasters specifically are the focus of this topic since they use hand-to-hand weapons more than any other job in the game.

My Puppetmaster is currently level 90 hand-to-hand practically capped. yay right? well while that's all good and great i can't help but notice that hand-to-hand weapons have absolutely no triggers for atma drops. this imo just isn't right. some of us have worked our butts off to get these jobs up to try and farm our own atma only to find out we can't trigger anything! it's even worse when your in a party farming for atma and you get saddled with the Time Extension farming party even though you obviously a DD job. or worse case...they don't want you to come at all! i have spoken to many players who love to play their Puppetmaster jobs and their Monk jobs but are forced to either sit out or switch jobs when it comes to atma hunting. My suggestion is this span out the range of types of weapons that can trigger both red and blue triggers so WE ALL CAN PLAY OUR PART and not be saddled to the side or not invited along due to our lack of higher level jobs that use the weapons needed for said trigger.
    (0)
    Last edited by Krystal; 04-03-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Removed opions about blue triggers"NOT" the focus of thread

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Are you kidding me?

Mnk can cover every single blunt trigger but Hexa-strike.

Mnk + Whm on blunt time can trigger blue 100% of the time.
    (1)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

What the hell are you talking about? MNK can do all but one (hexa strike) for blue !! stagger during blunt time. That in itself is already pretty broken. And no one cares about lolPUP.
    (2)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Are you kidding me?

Mnk can cover every single blunt trigger but Hexa-strike.

Mnk + Whm on blunt time can trigger blue 100% of the time.
    i'm speaking more about atma's in this thread than blue triggers. but the main purpose of this thread is to suggest spreading out the range.
    (0)

Character
    Fiarlia
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    ...Why did you put a [dev1003] in the topic title?

And your topic title also says "Hand-to-hand fighters got the brunt end of the stick on triggers!D:" How the hell is this about Atmas? What, proc'ing red? Well, make friends with a WAR and a NIN, or come as one of those two jobs yourself.

Regardless, you're still not getting the "brunt end of the stick" on triggers... just not the ones YOU want... I swear, next you'll complain about not being able to proc grellow on PUP when you're going after seals for your AF3+1...

Seriously, just stop complaining and whining about everything.
    (0)

umm... you do have other weapons you can use.

For red stagger, you need elemental WS damage. There are no H2H WS that are purely elemental. But..... there is staff (MNK can natively proc with it) and Club (have to /WHM or PLD, etc). Pup can also use Daggers and Club--again, have to set the right subjob to have access to the right WS.

I've done this many times on my MNK. Just need to think outside the box a little people.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Kaidah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    mnk/war with a event polearm can proc red.

It's never polearm they said but it was!
    (0)
    I don't Post i lurk

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    You can proc dagger with pup subing dnc or nin. Club subing war. It's not really a problem.
    (0)

i'm speaking more about atma's in this thread than blue triggers. but the main purpose of this thread is to suggest spreading out the range.
    If they did spread out procs they would spread out blue procs more too, meaning mnk couldnt solo proc almost every blunt proc. so yeah no, lets leave it as it is thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Kaidah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    I wanna know is why ranged ele attacks are not reds -.-
    (0)
    I don't Post i lurk

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast