Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Volga
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

whats going to happen to PLD

Seems like lately PLD has become, well useless in [A] zones can we get some love here SE?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Volga View Post
    Seems like lately PLD has become, well useless in [A] zones can we get some love here SE?
    PLD is in the same position about 75% of the game's jobs are at at any given time in the game's history. Which jobs are in this place rotate occasionally as updates occur, new content is added, etc. But really it's nothing new at all. People need to get over the fact that the Pendulum of Unwantedness swung back into PLD again.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Good lord...some of these "PLD is gimped!" threads remind me of WoW threads when Deathknight was first introduced and they got dethroned off their high-horses...everyone spammed the forums with"WTF?!" and "DK is OP!!!" and Blizzard nerfed them bigtime afterward....shortly after which i gave up on WoW an started to play FFXI full time which was nearly two years ago...lol.
    (1)

Abyssea is over now, PLD will become useful again (as much as it ever was) on the newer stuff.
    (0)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    native provoke or one more emnity gainning ja is not tomuch to ask for hnm might actualy help in pulling higher chains of mobs can only do so much now i havent tried pld in aby its low now only 75 and no homan pants lol
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Abyssea is over now, PLD will become useful again (as much as it ever was) on the newer stuff.
    Not really, since it was never very useful outside abyssea either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    native provoke or one more emnity gainning ja is not tomuch to ask for hnm might actualy help in pulling higher chains of mobs can only do so much now i havent tried pld in aby its low now only 75 and no homan pants lol
    No. Pld, along with every single job in the game, can hold hate just fine, and because hate caps so damn low, can't possibly hold hate better than they already do.
    (1)

Player
    EDIT: beaten by Rog.

On topic: Provoke is not the answer, it is never the answer. Stop thinking Pld's problem is native provoke. Heck the job who learns provoke doesn't even use it unless enmity is reset, it's just that unnecessary.
    (1)

Not really, since it was never very useful outside abyssea either.
    At 75 when we still did all these events we used PLD or nin/drk to main tank many things, Odin, DI, Tia..pretty much everything. This applied to almost every other shell on my server too, you could do them all other ways but the vast majority still used pld or nin/drk to tank stuff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Runespider; 04-01-2011 at 09:41 PM.

That doesn't make it a useful job.
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    native provoke or one more emnity gainning ja
    Neither of these will help a Paladin keep hate. Neither of these will keep a monster off a DD.

The only way Paladin is going to tank again is if the game mechanics are drastically revised (ie, PDT caps at 25% for all jobs other than Paladin, and all mobs spam moves that remove shadows). Either this, or let Paladins do damage on par with real DDs (ala, WoW). Seeing as we're heading down that road anyway, why not?

Paladin was only ever usful for HNM like Tiamat, and the early days of Dark Ixion, etc anyway (even then a RDM/NIN with the correct gear and knowledge could do it better). Else a DD could do it just aswell with some PDT/MDT gear.

All in the mechanics.
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast