Let's face it. Abyssea is all that matters as of this point. No events outside of it are really useful anymore besides Dynamis for certain relics. Maybe. Possibly. *cough*

In this topic, I want everyone to list off jobs that you feel are most useful to Abyssea and the jobs that are almost completely useless or not needed.

I want this topic to maybe give developers an idea of what jobs need changes more than others. Every job should have it's use, but many jobs are just more universal as far as usefulness than others.

Don't list all the jobs, of course. Just the ones you see as the absolute best and the jobs that are the absolute worst right now.

My Opinions are as follows:

Most Useful
Monk - Easily the most useful DD class in the game right now. Tanks better than a Paladin and deals damage better than most, if not all other DD jobs. Can use all 3 weapons needed to obtain a Blue weakness during the evening/morning hours of the in-game time.

Warrior - The most versatile and one of the most powerful DDs right now. Can be used for every situation now and is able to use nearly every weapon for obtaining weakness procs.

White Mage/Black Mage/Red Mage - Self-explainatory, really. Mages are absolutely needed all the time for everything.

Ninja - If a Monk can't do it, a Ninja can. Crazy high evasion, especially with Evasion atmas, allow Ninjas to practically solo most things.

Least Useful
Dark Knight - Dark Knights simply don't add anything to any event right now that other jobs can't do just as well or better. Other DD jobs deal stronger, safer damage and other mages can stun and enfeeble better than they can.

Paladin - Hate to say it but Paladins just can't do it well anymore. For tanking, just about every DD job can tank just as well, if not better (Monk, Ninja) and that leaves them as nothing more than weak DDs with high enmity generation. I feel like Paladins shouldn't be upstaged by anything as a tank, but sadly, they are just rarely ever wanted nowadays.

Corsair/Bard - These support jobs just don't stand out in Abyssea at all. Outside of Abyssea, sure. They're fine, but inside (where just about 90% of the game is now) they aren't needed as much thanks to the Atmas and stat increases. Even Bard-specific songs to trigger weaknesses can be gotten by anyone with a Bard subjob.

Ranger - Possibly the most useless job in the game, inside and outside abyssea. Poor rangers just aren't used anymore. When's the last time you ever saw anyone ask for a Ranger in anything? There simply isn't a need for one at all other than to sit around.

Again, these are just opinions. I'm sure many of you will not only have a different list, but may also vastly disagree with something on my list. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but please be nice about it.