Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    -.- i kinda understand but to me there is more yellow and it looks yellow when quickly flashed. idk -.-
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    To say that BRD is less useful inside of Abyssea is just silly... I've seen Ulhuadshi- along with dozens of other NMs that cast -ja or -ga IV magic, or things such as Gates of hades- lay down a full abyssite of merit MNK in one spell (Yes, Ulhuadshi can do 3.2k+ Stoneja under 10% HP with barstonra on) With carols, this makes all such NMs as dangerous as a lolibri in wajaom woodlands. BRD will take the headache out of EVERY SINGLE NM INSIDE ABYSSEA aside from Rani, Shinryu, and debatably Azdaja and Apademak

Not to mention there is absolutely no way to cap haste without a BRD, and in a DD party giving that much haste will out perform a 4th of 5th DD (assuming you have a WHM in the party) by far, depending on jobs/gear.

If you have 2 brds and are cycling them out, not that you would need to, you could probably be capping attack without berserk on several relevent NMs in scars/visions.

Corsair too would out perform a 4th or 5th DD in a party with NIN MNK THF DNC, because blitzer's roll is coolbeans on non-2handers. Samurai roll also has its place if it can knock a 2hander up a xhit. 4hit Ukon w/o sam in party (roll 11) Can you hear me?

For the other jobs that are debatably useless inside abyssea- DRK/WAR can do everything war can (Assuming you have a pitchfork from halloween) proc wise and more for slashing blue procs. Capped gear haste means faster stuns along with weapon bash for more stun capabilities in dangerous situations. Torcleaver is a force to be reckoned with too.

TL;DR: The point here is that most jobs if played well have a use, except PLD. If you enjoy playing it, go for it.
    Except PLD.

Except PLD.
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    To say that BRD is less useful inside of Abyssea is just silly... I've seen Ulhuadshi- along with dozens of other NMs that cast -ja or -ga IV magic, or things such as Gates of hades- lay down a full abyssite of merit MNK in one spell (Yes, Ulhuadshi can do 3.2k+ Stoneja under 10% HP with barstonra on) With carols, this makes all such NMs as dangerous as a lolibri in wajaom woodlands. BRD will take the headache out of EVERY SINGLE NM INSIDE ABYSSEA aside from Rani, Shinryu, and debatably Azdaja and Apademak

Not to mention there is absolutely no way to cap haste without a BRD, and in a DD party giving that much haste will out perform a 4th of 5th DD (assuming you have a WHM in the party) by far, depending on jobs/gear.

If you have 2 brds and are cycling them out, not that you would need to, you could probably be capping attack without berserk on several relevent NMs in scars/visions.

Corsair too would out perform a 4th or 5th DD in a party with NIN MNK THF DNC, because blitzer's roll is coolbeans on non-2handers. Samurai roll also has its place if it can knock a 2hander up a xhit. 4hit Ukon w/o sam in party (roll 11) Can you hear me?

For the other jobs that are debatably useless inside abyssea- DRK/WAR can do everything war can (Assuming you have a pitchfork from halloween) proc wise and more for slashing blue procs. Capped gear haste means faster stuns along with weapon bash for more stun capabilities in dangerous situations. Torcleaver is a force to be reckoned with too.
    The point here is that most jobs if played well have a use, except PLD. If you enjoy playing it, go for it. Except PLD.

Except PLD.
    I disgree with those spells helping that much, if you have a good whm with bar merits and bar spell set ( enhacing gear/ +2 gear for bonus) stuff like that is a joke.

I do not know that NM in question but I did this ifirt thing that liked to do 3k+ damage to everyone on 2 hr move, having a good bar set whm made the damage laughable, I would rather have a good bar set whm then an average one + carols.

bard is less usful inside abyssea vs out. I am sure there is a few fights where march is a godsend but i am sure the number of those fights is few. That statement alone supports why bard is less usful in abyssea then out.

drk/war has impusle drive? what exactly does a drk/war get for procs vs war/sam? and if you agre event item i think a war/sam can do GKT procs?

and drk/war is pretty lol.. it is paper! war/sam will live longer and do more damage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-31-2011 at 04:42 PM.
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    I disgree with those spells helping that much, if you have a good whm with bar merits and bar spell set ( enhacing gear/ +2 gear for bonus) stuff like that is a joke.

I do not know that NM in question but I did this ifirt thing that liked to do 3k+ damage to everyone on 2 hr move, having a good bar set whm made the damage laughable, I would rather have a good bar set whm then an average one + carols.

bard is less usful inside abyssea vs out. I am sure there is a few fights where march is a godsend but i am sure the number of those fights is few
    They do help that much, plus BRD w/ apoc has freedom to die constantly when going up with bar spells while it can lead to failure if Orthrus (or any of those big magical AoE damage NMs) decides to blow your shit away while your WHM is up there diddling with barfira.

Also, BRD's haste is 20%, 24~28% with the best gear. Probably 30%+ with Gjallarhorn. with 4 WARs that's 80% pure dps boost minimum. 90% with af3+2 brd hands. Frequency of WS increases that dps by HUGE amounts. /end discussion.
    (1)

Player
    No job is completely useless...

Id have to say pld has the least utility of all the jobs in abyssea...

which doesn't mean it still can't get shit done.. I've seen plenty of pld's soloing NM's in abyssea lol

Pup is pretty low in utility as well.. but they can solo stuff pretty well also.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    They do help that much, plus BRD w/ apoc has freedom to die constantly when going up with bar spells while it can lead to failure if Orthrus (or any of those big magical AoE damage NMs) decides to blow your shit away while your WHM is up there diddling with barfira.

Also, BRD's haste is 20%, 24~28% with the best gear. Probably 30%+ with Gjallarhorn. with 4 WARs that's 80% pure dps boost minimum. 90% with af3+2 brd hands. Frequency of WS increases that dps by HUGE amounts. /end discussion.
    kinda missed the point but ok... ( i was editing my post care to comment what I said about procs? i am not an abyssea expert, like all the facts out there)

anyways back to why I think you missed my point, anything can DD, you are more pressed for procs over anything. if you can afforded someone to go brd go for it, but it is not high on the list. I do understand no one is going to have the perfect setup all the time but sometimes you have to cut out some jobs because person y has a job person x has b job so on.

bard can be useful sometimes, saying otherwise is narrow-minded but how useful is the question? Remember abyssea is more about who procs what and a blm/brd can cover that.

Outside abyssea you always wanted a brd it was a big boost at 75 SV rotations and so on. the only time i seen a SV rotation after cap was on AV, so yeah brd is less useful now.

Being less useful does not mean useless though.

the point i was making on 4 war and brd vs 5 war was more a common mob comment. you can almost oneshot mobs on ws (sometimes oneshotting depending on ws/mob) so brd does not matter as much as it used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin View Post
    No job is completely useless...

Id have to say pld has the least utility of all the jobs in abyssea...

which doesn't mean it still can't get shit done.. I've seen plenty of pld's soloing NM's in abyssea lol

Pup is pretty low in utility as well.. but they can solo stuff pretty well also.
    what does soloing mob have to do with usefulness? abyssea is more about pocing then anything -.-
    what was pld subing and weapon anyway?
    (0)

Since when can Stonega IV do 3.2k+ damage? Does the melee not have shell OR an MDT set?

If so, fix that first. Carols later.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    Well it is an opinion thread...

I guess i just interpreted the question of usefulness in abyssea to mean doing anything in abyssea...

not just usefulness in a party..

soloing isn't ideal by any means.. but it can be useful to be able to go out and kill NM's or farm up seals / items when others can't be bothered to help ;o
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin View Post
    Well it is an opinion thread...

I guess i just interpreted the question of usefulness in abyssea to mean doing anything in abyssea...

not just usefulness in a party..

soloing isn't ideal by any means.. but it can be useful to be able to go out and kill NM's or farm up seals / items when others can't be bothered to help ;o
    soloing does not help if you can't proc.

the only thing that should be "soloing" is nin/pld

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Since when can Stonega IV do 3.2k+ damage? Does the melee not have shell OR an MDT set?

If so, fix that first. Carols later.
    yeah I do (and did) question that, I am not an expert on NMs but I do know how useful a good bar set whm is and how big a difference it can make over a WHM that does not care to have such a set.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-31-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Its true that the minimum people needed is lower and BRD isn't 'needed' as much. But you need to factor in time it takes to kill/success rate you have with the minimum people needed. For instance building a kannagi (or Almace for that matter) up to 85 is 100% soloable by NIN, but the NIN would likely die often against Sobek, seeing as Sobek can 1hit you at 75% or lower HP.

Minimal amount of people needed =/= most efficient and if you are going out to seal farm with just your dd, healer, and a BLM you will have less success than blm/brd and blu/nin for proccing yellow overall, since you will be scrambling to retry BLM to see if you missed anything, making the fight longer.
    Same for anything where you are missing x proc, because you will have to retry the procs you do have and that will take longer.

Also in general play, most people don't spend their time after being capped fighting normal mobs, but rather KI NMs such as Minhocao, Adze, or Tunga (as these are the only real time sinks in abyssea) (the time spawn NMs for the Ukon/Twash line of empyrean weapons 85). A BRD not only can cure a NIN and WAR alone, but also increases the speed at which you proc red (faster TP from marches) and kill speed. Tunga however would require a bit more, but that's just one of those "Situational shit is situational" areas.
    (0)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast