(0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    I'd Like to know why they are more useful outside of abyssea, serious question.

1) Nothing is hard anymore outside or inside of abyssea
    2) Nothing is done in alliance outside or inside (lol exp pt, seriously ?) which excludes COR, since that's only where COR is usefull (they don't have the exp use anymore) because generally speaking, mediocre boost to pdif (easy to cap etc) and/or store tp and/or mediocre DA or crit rate bonus is pretty fail.

However for bard I find them as much useful inside or outside to be honest, which means useless inside or outside. If you can do anything without a brd inside, what can't you do outside ?
    Inside abyssea it is all about procing, easy lowman farm only cares about yellow for farming.

there are 4 seals

so thf or mnk for tank, whm, blm, and the 4th can be blu or brd.

while farming for KI you want war or nin/pld, a nin/pld has the capacity to proc 10/13 reds.

buff jobs do not do much because of atma, some jobs would benift from the extra atttack or haste, mages dont really need refersh support but you can use buffs to pad damage for them.

a RDM is almost useless in abyssea because cure IV, same with SCH. when you are getting people 2k+ and 3k-4k hp range, cure IV does not cut it. only healer in abyssea is WHM ( plus there is whm only yellow procs)

RDM support may make a difference on a few mobs but most of the time it will not matter, same with cor and brd.

one thing with bringing a support job like brd is that they have to boost 4 people enough to outdo 5 people. in abyssea that is VERY HARD to agure that. in short what is better in abyssea war, war,war, war, war,whm or war,war,war,war, brd, whm?

most of the time the 5 wars would do more damage esp when farming normal mobs or FC aoe farming.

outside abyssea it was common for a dnc and brd to cap delay for people to hit really fast, then on top of that you allow cors to give attack support.

PLD cannot tank in abyssea for the most part without emp weapons. you need to deal damage to keep hate, that simple. It is possible for other jobs to get to the MDT cap if needed, max shell V helps..

the only time i seen some job variation was for rani when we did not want to wait for specific times. The objective there was to cover all blue. so we had a drg and a rng, with war and thf and so on.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-31-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

I think we should all use the correct terms here. We aren't talking useless, but rather not-best.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    I think we should all use the correct terms here. We aren't talking useless, but rather not-best.
    Useless is subjective, so while it may not be the correct term for you, it certainly is for me and many others.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    a PLD in abyssea IS useless unless you have emp weapons.
    a DRK is a underperformer in damage in abyssea
    a RNG is an underperformer in damage in abyssea.
    a RDM is useless because it does not proc much and stuck on cure IV
    a SCH is useless because it is in the same boat as RDM.
    BRD can be replaced with BLM/BRD for procs

that better terms for you?
    (0)
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Useful: Contributes something unique to the group which enhances their ability to get shit done.

Useless: Contributes something that is not unique, extraneous, not necessary for any sort of enhanced progression.

Useful: Nin and War can proc all reds between them. This is the only 2-job full Red combination in the game.

Useless: Every Red that PLD has, WAR also has. If a PLD is trying to Red, it is assumed that the group does not have a WAR. If the group is using a PLD's Red, and has no War, it also needs both a NIN and a DRK. Now you have a PLD and a DRK, two low-tier DDs in your group which could be replaced, and cumulatively outdamaged, by a WAR.

Useful: MNK and WHM can hit every single Blue trigger as long as you pay attention and claim/spawn things in blunt time.

Useless: DRK having Cross Reaper and DRG having Wheeling Thrust are not going to help with Blue. If you're in Piercing time, you need a THF, a RNG, and a DRG in order to land all procs; a mediocre DD, a crap-tier DD, and a DD with no other utility than Blue. If you're in Slashing time, good luck with that.

Useful: BLM can sub Bard and ES Threnodies, effectively covering almost every Grellow in the game. BLU has unique Grellows no one else can use, and can effectively AoE burn without support. WHM is WHM. Cure V, brah.

Useless: RDM and SCH only have access to Tier 3 and Tier 4 nukes. You could bring these jobs, but you would need a BLM in order to cover Ga 3 and AM1 anyways. Once you have a BLM, the RDM and SCH T3/4 nukes are simply superfluous. Also, Cure IV sucks.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Useful: Contributes something unique to the group which enhances their ability to get shit done.

Useless: Contributes something that is not unique, extraneous, not necessary for any sort of enhanced progression.

Useful: Nin and War can proc all reds between them. This is the only 2-job full Red combination in the game.

Useless: Every Red that PLD has, WAR also has. If a PLD is trying to Red, it is assumed that the group does not have a WAR. If the group is using a PLD's Red, and has no War, it also needs both a NIN and a DRK. Now you have a PLD and a DRK, two low-tier DDs in your group which could be replaced, and cumulatively outdamaged, by a WAR.

Useful: MNK and WHM can hit every single Blue trigger as long as you pay attention and claim/spawn things in blunt time.

Useless: DRK having Cross Reaper and DRG having Wheeling Thrust are not going to help with Blue. If you're in Piercing time, you need a THF, a RNG, and a DRG in order to land all procs; a mediocre DD, a crap-tier DD, and a DD with no other utility than Blue. If you're in Slashing time, good luck with that.

Useful: BLM can sub Bard and ES Threnodies, effectively covering almost every Grellow in the game. BLU has unique Grellows no one else can use, and can effectively AoE burn without support. WHM is WHM. Cure V, brah.

Useless: RDM and SCH only have access to Tier 3 and Tier 4 nukes. You could bring these jobs, but you would need a BLM in order to cover Ga 3 and AM1 anyways. Once you have a BLM, the RDM and SCH T3/4 nukes are simply superfluous. Also, Cure IV sucks.
    I try asking my friend this question but what is gellow? I only know yellow. I am confused why this slang word exists, it is orgain and why people use it
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    I try asking my friend this question but what is gellow? I only know yellow. I am confused why this slang word exists, it is orgain and why people use it
    Green/Yellow. It's because the !! itself is a gradient that is green on top and yellow on bottom. It was coined as a compromise between people who insisted it was green, and those who insisted it was yellow.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Green/Yellow. It's because the !! itself is a gradient that is green on top and yellow on bottom. It was coined as a compromise between people who insisted it was green, and those who insisted it was yellow.
    HUH?!?! 1/2 the time I do not even see it. mob too big or something other times all i see is yellow
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    HUH?!?! 1/2 the time I do not even see it. mob too big or something other times all i see is yellow
    If you find the .dat in AltanaViewer you can see what I mean. It was a raging debate for like a week on BG till someone finally just posted the .DATs of the animations and people stuck with the hybrid term. Looking at it now, it's really in the middle. Here's a link to a random picture of it on Google:

http://mdh.gamependium.com/media/192...er_grellow.jpg
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast