Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Pet parties are useful?
    very useful, when you fight AoE spam happy mobs-especially with high magic resist and/or that healed by x during y garbage-pet parties can be a godsend. Parties generally need a mix of physical and magic damage, unless they are being formed for only 1 fight. The especially useful part is that even if you die when you get up your pet is usually still at full strength. You can stay out of AoE range and still issue your commands (excepting drg) and hopefully get new pets off to keep them mob from killing you when it comes looking. Summoner is actually better than beast at this because they don't have that long recall timer, which is why pup is ok, but you have to be cautious.

Seriously, believe it or not there generally is more than 1 way of getting things done in game. I've actually seen Shinryu beat by a party with a paladin tank without a brew (unfortunately it was a nin weap for the red !! proc, which we didn't have). Be open to new ideas, you might just like them.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Out of curiousity what red can rng proc?
    dagger red and blue, otherwise blue

oh, and they can do damage, you know, the thing necessary to ever finish fighting your target
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Least Useful
    Dark Knight - Dark Knights simply don't add anything to any event right now that other jobs can't do just as well or better. Other DD jobs deal stronger, safer damage and other mages can stun and enfeeble better than they can.
    DRK can get more love, but I add plenty to events I go to. I even tank most of the mobs, plus cover 4 weapons for procs o.O.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    dagger red and blue, otherwise blue

oh, and they can do damage, you know, the thing necessary to ever finish fighting your target
    I love rng so it pains me to say this but if you're relying on a rng to be your main source of dmg in abyssea you might want to evaluate your other melee (especially considering the quality of ranger atmas vs melee atmas). As for dagger skill... where is your THF? No ranged weapon skill procs red and so bringing a rng specifically to proc red suggests desperation or redundancy. I will agree that non-conventional setups can get things done but suggesting that ranger is useful and nothing is broken/wrong with the job is doing a huge disservice to the job.
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Only thing is you proc a lot less !!s and take a fkton longer to kill.
    Depends what you`re fighting really. Red procs not mattering at all is a good rule of thumb where you can bust out pet burns. Theyre often safer too. Try telling that to a MNK whos just finished Verth though... NO, I MUST BE PUNCHING EVERYTHING.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Depends what you`re fighting really. Red procs not mattering at all is a good rule of thumb where you can bust out pet burns. Theyre often safer too. Try telling that to a MNK whos just finished Verth though... NO, I MUST BE PUNCHING EVERYTHING.
    Don't forget blue procs!
    (0)

Character
    Dijana
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Im not going to read through all these pages, but really, all jobs are useful....providing the player themself has skill.
    Now I dont know about all the other servers, but the one Im in is rampant with people who astralburned>abyleeched their jobs because they're 'useful' but really, just cannot play at all. In the group I am in, we have both a nin and a pld. They challenged each other and the nin won out as being able to tank better due to his DD, so the pld comes something else. However, that same pld I know can far out-tank most other nin mnk thf whatever in abyssea, simply because he is good at his job, and most people cannot play for s**t.

I hate this 'which job is useful' thing because its made so many into bandwagoning and it feels like nobody has any skill anymore. Another example is whm+mnk is supposed to be the dream duo. I was soloing tablilla no problems on dnc one day, a mnk and whm shows up also with another dnc, very obviously burned their jobs (well the mnk and the dnc anyway, the whm seemed better) and were wiping and zombie-ing. Another example, the amount of times I go out with my group for orthrus. We always see a full alliance wiping to it, while our group basically trios with nin thf whm, with the other jobs on the side for procs that after their job is done, run off to get TEs.

I think thats enough examples. The point is usefullness based simply on job selection is very clear cut, but throw in the skill level of the playerbase these days its completley different. I have nin, which in theory should be better than anything else I have, but the fact I never play it/its not geared as well as my other jobs, would make it a very poor choice to go as compared to something else, even if it means we'd need an extra, better nin to make up for the lack of procs. Also to add to that, its a game, and should be fun. Yes you need to bring the right jobs for what you're doing, but if you have the people why not let them come something else they want and are good at, even if it means you're not covering procs with lowest possible number.
    (0)

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Don't forget blue procs!
    Not so much a case of forgetting, more a case of not caring in the first place.
    (0)

I've solo'd Tablilla on MNK. It doesn't mean the jobs are less useful because the player behind them sucks. Mnk played by someone with a brain is more useful than Pld played by someone with a brain. That is the entire point.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Procs can be handled as well. All you need is one DG pet and one full DD pet, but we have LOTS of friends to come out to play. It's fun to throw a naked Apoc Atma WAR or BLM under the bus.
    (0)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16