Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    have you really seen PLD in abyssea?

for exp, too much

for NM farming, once, and that pt end up whiping.

I do not understand what kind of leg you are trying to stand on saying PLD is fine.

one piece of gear to cap both? uh .. yeah

anyways if a PLD had emp sword and shield i give it a chance, that be the only way though
    I'm trying to get across it is not the job that is broken, but the game mechanics. Pld can cap MDT with Aegis and meritted Shell. It isn't a bad job, hate mechanics are screwed up is all.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Andylynn View Post
    I'm trying to get across it is not the job that is broken, but the game mechanics. Pld can cap MDT with Aegis and meritted Shell. It isn't a bad job, hate mechanics are screwed up is all.
    Who cares if PLD caps that.

and 90 you can walk nakked with a defending ring.

and i thought you said cap both. I know about that deadwight

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Do you even know what PDT and MDT sets are?

Something a really good pld can cap in one piece of gear.
    my comment is no
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-01-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Hate mechanics are fine, PLDs that are worth half a shit can cap hate fine. Not SE's fault most PLDs are not worth half a shit and try to run around in PDT/VIT swords. PLD lacks the procs and the DD potential to be a high tier job in Abyssea. It's no worse off than DRG. If anything, it's probably better off than DRG; total waste of one of the best DDs in the game when it can't proc anything.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hate mechanics are fine
    Theyre the one reason pld isn't tanking right now, they need to be revamped if the job is going to be any useful in the future.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Any intelligent, competent DD is going to hit the hate cap in 1 WS. No dice.
    Then any intelligent competent DD is going to pull hate from the NIN or anyone else that might try to tank. This problem isn't exclusive to PLD.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Then any intelligent competent DD is going to pull hate from the NIN or anyone else that might try to tank. This problem isn't exclusive to PLD.
    NIN can hit the hate cap just fine, too. It's one of the best DDs in the game right now. It drops off sharply when you add a bard and Dnc to the mix, but otherwise it has no problems.

@TearValerin: Changing hate mechanics won't make PLD more viable. It will just annoy people. So what if they make Flash and Sentinel give 10,000% Enmity? WHMs just won't flash mobs any more. DDs will still have more hate than them.

Damage creates less Enmity than heals? WHM becomes the only healer worth a damn outside of Abyssea, and remains the only healer worth a damn inside Abyssea. Cure V is static Enmity, and would become the only cure worth using.

Seriously. Hate mechanics are fine where they are. Every job in the game can cap hate if they don't suck. Every job in the game can survive attacks from any NM in the game if they don't suck. Messing around with PLD's defensive mechanics and hate mechanics is not the way to make it more popular. The job's a pariah, deal with it. Not like most jobs in this game haven't had the same treatment for years. I'm a former "career PLD", but I don't give a shit that it's out of favor right now. I'll play my other jobs that do the same thing better, because I'm not afraid of getting with the times.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    NIN can hit the hate cap just fine, too. It's one of the best DDs in the game right now. It drops off sharply when you add a bard and Dnc to the mix, but otherwise it has no problems.

@TearValerin: Changing hate mechanics won't make PLD more viable. It will just annoy people. So what if they make Flash and Sentinel give 10,000% Enmity? WHMs just won't flash mobs any more. DDs will still have more hate than them.

Damage creates less Enmity than heals? WHM becomes the only healer worth a damn outside of Abyssea, and remains the only healer worth a damn inside Abyssea. Cure V is static Enmity, and would become the only cure worth using.

Seriously. Hate mechanics are fine where they are. Every job in the game can cap hate if they don't suck. Every job in the game can survive attacks from any NM in the game if they don't suck. Messing around with PLD's defensive mechanics and hate mechanics is not the way to make it more popular. The job's a pariah, deal with it. Not like most jobs in this game haven't had the same treatment for years. I'm a former "career PLD", but I don't give a shit that it's out of favor right now. I'll play my other jobs that do the same thing better, because I'm not afraid of getting with the times.
    with or without emp ws? (nin being one of the best dd atm)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 04-01-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    with or without emp ws? (nin being one of the best dd atm)
    Compare something with Emp WS to something with Emp WS, and something without Emp WS to something without Emp WS, and NIN will be high up on the charts in both cases. With Emp WS, and without a DNC/BRD, NIN is about even with VS MNK. NIN's biggest fatal flaw is the total delay reduction cap, as it floors the amount of Haste they can effectively use before their Dual Wield traits cut them off.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post

No job should have to be given up just because of balancing issues. Someone should be able to play drk, sam, or pld etc and not have to worry about 'getting with the times.' Hate mechanics are not fine, as even though a pld can do decent damage, it's no where near enough to cap hate quickly at all. Theyre slow as snails at doing so unless pimped out. Their lousy evasion doesn't help especially when tanking pld nin, there goes even more of their cumululative emnity. Pld needs a way to quickly reach a higher cap, or no cap at all if it's going to do remotely anything near what it could do. Mechanics are broken, not the job.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    No job should have to be given up just because of balancing issues.
    That is all i really understand, People want the easiest route, it is human nature.

yes PLD is sitting on the sidelines and it needs to be with how the game works, not only does having a PLD mean longer kills it also means you might not even kill the mob.

PLD needs emp weapons or level something else if you want gear. that is just how things are.
    (0)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast