Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 160
  1. #1
    Player Kagato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    303

    Abyssea: Useful jobs and Useless jobs. Your opinions on why.

    Let's face it. Abyssea is all that matters as of this point. No events outside of it are really useful anymore besides Dynamis for certain relics. Maybe. Possibly. *cough*

    In this topic, I want everyone to list off jobs that you feel are most useful to Abyssea and the jobs that are almost completely useless or not needed.

    I want this topic to maybe give developers an idea of what jobs need changes more than others. Every job should have it's use, but many jobs are just more universal as far as usefulness than others.

    Don't list all the jobs, of course. Just the ones you see as the absolute best and the jobs that are the absolute worst right now.


    My Opinions are as follows:

    Most Useful
    Monk - Easily the most useful DD class in the game right now. Tanks better than a Paladin and deals damage better than most, if not all other DD jobs. Can use all 3 weapons needed to obtain a Blue weakness during the evening/morning hours of the in-game time.

    Warrior - The most versatile and one of the most powerful DDs right now. Can be used for every situation now and is able to use nearly every weapon for obtaining weakness procs.

    White Mage/Black Mage/Red Mage - Self-explainatory, really. Mages are absolutely needed all the time for everything.

    Ninja - If a Monk can't do it, a Ninja can. Crazy high evasion, especially with Evasion atmas, allow Ninjas to practically solo most things.


    Least Useful
    Dark Knight - Dark Knights simply don't add anything to any event right now that other jobs can't do just as well or better. Other DD jobs deal stronger, safer damage and other mages can stun and enfeeble better than they can.

    Paladin - Hate to say it but Paladins just can't do it well anymore. For tanking, just about every DD job can tank just as well, if not better (Monk, Ninja) and that leaves them as nothing more than weak DDs with high enmity generation. I feel like Paladins shouldn't be upstaged by anything as a tank, but sadly, they are just rarely ever wanted nowadays.

    Corsair/Bard - These support jobs just don't stand out in Abyssea at all. Outside of Abyssea, sure. They're fine, but inside (where just about 90% of the game is now) they aren't needed as much thanks to the Atmas and stat increases. Even Bard-specific songs to trigger weaknesses can be gotten by anyone with a Bard subjob.

    Ranger - Possibly the most useless job in the game, inside and outside abyssea. Poor rangers just aren't used anymore. When's the last time you ever saw anyone ask for a Ranger in anything? There simply isn't a need for one at all other than to sit around.


    Again, these are just opinions. I'm sure many of you will not only have a different list, but may also vastly disagree with something on my list. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but please be nice about it.
    (7)

  2. #2
    Player Greatguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,238
    Red Mage is probably in the least useful section right next to SCH. Blue mage needs to be in the most useful section as it has class-specific Grellow procs.

    Aside from that, it's more of the same. Before War/Nin/Mnk/Blm/Whm/Blu, it was Rdm/Sam/Brd. Not sure what else needs to be said? What is the purpose of the thread? I'll pass on reading 50 pages of "Why my favorite job is super useful but no one wants it because they're ignorant and SE needs to buff it and Abyssea ruined the game"
    (3)

    I will have my revenge!

  3. #3
    Player Kagato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    What is the purpose of the thread? I'll pass on reading 50 pages of "Why my favorite job is super useful but no one wants it because they're ignorant and SE needs to buff it and Abyssea ruined the game"
    Well if it's that bad a topic, it'll just fade away into obscurity like other bad topics.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player Rambus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    1,561
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    RNG ant that usless but I will say this.

    I leveled rng and sam in abyssea lately of stout arm, that range acc and range attack atma ( forget name) and VV.

    It was nice seeing 1k+ rang attacks but when I am on SAM/WAR poping out the ws with the same power as rng it does make you think what is going on.

    When I shoot and hit 100 tp there is that stupid delay to the point I can use ws, you do not get that when you melee tp ( in otherwords RNG needs a KC to be good)

    PLD in abyssea is useless unless you have emp weapon of some sort ( you need damage to hold hate) having emp sword and sheild should be nice in theory ( never seen it though)

    SCH in abyssea is a bit useless in lowmaning seals. if you need extra support for NMs or something yeah SCH can be used but not used for smaller farming.

    Smaller abyssea farming only works for these jobs:
    THF, MNK, BLU, BRD ( proc only, sometimes people replace this with BLM/BRD) WHM.
    if you are not one of those jobs you are pretty much SoL.

    WAR and NIN/PLD is good for red procs when you need that.

    RDM is actally useless in abyssea. you do not need the job ( see what i said about SCH, they are in the same boat)

    completey useless job in abyssea:
    DRK, PLD ( if no emp weapon)

    Most of the time useless:
    RDM,SCH,RNG, COR, BRD
    (cor is a good job to have in abyssea if emp weapon, but anyone can DD abyssea is more about procing then anything)

    outside abyssea:
    DRK ( other jobs depend what the event is)
    DRK is only useful if doing some type of zerg ( like kirin or something of the sort)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-31-2011 at 05:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

    Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

  5. #5
    Player Greatguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Well if it's that bad a topic, it'll just fade away into obscurity like other bad topics.
    Assuming it isn't hijacked by the sort of thing I mentioned, sure. That's not the point though. What sort of discussion is there to have? MNK/WAR/NIN/WHM/BLM/BLU are the most useful jobs in Abyssea. I'm just not sure what there is to talk about when everyone agrees. You're the OP, I'm assuming you had some sort of idea of what direction your thread was supposed to go in. I simply don't see it, so I'm sincerely asking for you to point me in the right direction. What else is there to say?
    (1)

    I will have my revenge!

  6. #6
    Player MarkovChain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windy
    Posts
    1,423
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Corsair/Bard - These support jobs just don't stand out in Abyssea at all. Outside of Abyssea, sure. They're fine, but inside (where just about 90% of the game is now) they aren't needed as much thanks to the Atmas and stat increases. Even Bard-specific songs to trigger weaknesses can be gotten by anyone with a Bard subjob.
    .
    I'd Like to know why they are more useful outside of abyssea, serious question.

    1) Nothing is hard anymore outside or inside of abyssea
    2) Nothing is done in alliance outside or inside (lol exp pt, seriously ?) which excludes COR, since that's only where COR is usefull (they don't have the exp use anymore) because generally speaking, mediocre boost to pdif (easy to cap etc) and/or store tp and/or mediocre DA or crit rate bonus is pretty fail.

    However for bard I find them as much useful inside or outside to be honest, which means useless inside or outside. If you can do anything without a brd inside, what can't you do outside ?
    (1)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 03-31-2011 at 07:28 AM.

    Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

  7. #7
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    5,187
    Every job is useful.

    While I would agree that drk is a bit underperforming right now (laregly do the lack of a crit WS on their main wapon), they can still be put to good use.

    I'd Like to know why they are more useful outside of abyssea, serious question.
    Because the strength of their buffs pales in comparison to the effects of the atmas. When your crit rate, str, dex, regain, refresh etc. are already buffed up the wazoo, the effects from cor/brd buffs become less noticeable.
    (2)

  8. #8
    Player Kyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    66
    Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Bard buffs and Atma buffs don't really overlap. COR's do, however...
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player Vold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    805
    Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Let's face it. Abyssea is all that matters as of this point. No events outside of it are really useful anymore besides Dynamis for certain relics. Maybe. Possibly. *cough*

    In this topic, I want everyone to list off jobs that you feel are most useful to Abyssea and the jobs that are almost completely useless or not needed.

    I want this topic to maybe give developers an idea of what jobs need changes more than others. Every job should have it's use, but many jobs are just more universal as far as usefulness than others.

    Don't list all the jobs, of course. Just the ones you see as the absolute best and the jobs that are the absolute worst right now.


    My Opinions are as follows:

    Most Useful
    Monk - Easily the most useful DD class in the game right now. Tanks better than a Paladin and deals damage better than most, if not all other DD jobs. Can use all 3 weapons needed to obtain a Blue weakness during the evening/morning hours of the in-game time.

    Warrior - The most versatile and one of the most powerful DDs right now. Can be used for every situation now and is able to use nearly every weapon for obtaining weakness procs.

    White Mage/Black Mage/Red Mage - Self-explainatory, really. Mages are absolutely needed all the time for everything.

    Ninja - If a Monk can't do it, a Ninja can. Crazy high evasion, especially with Evasion atmas, allow Ninjas to practically solo most things.


    Least Useful
    Dark Knight - Dark Knights simply don't add anything to any event right now that other jobs can't do just as well or better. Other DD jobs deal stronger, safer damage and other mages can stun and enfeeble better than they can.

    Paladin - Hate to say it but Paladins just can't do it well anymore. For tanking, just about every DD job can tank just as well, if not better (Monk, Ninja) and that leaves them as nothing more than weak DDs with high enmity generation. I feel like Paladins shouldn't be upstaged by anything as a tank, but sadly, they are just rarely ever wanted nowadays.

    Corsair/Bard - These support jobs just don't stand out in Abyssea at all. Outside of Abyssea, sure. They're fine, but inside (where just about 90% of the game is now) they aren't needed as much thanks to the Atmas and stat increases. Even Bard-specific songs to trigger weaknesses can be gotten by anyone with a Bard subjob.

    Ranger - Possibly the most useless job in the game, inside and outside abyssea. Poor rangers just aren't used anymore. When's the last time you ever saw anyone ask for a Ranger in anything? There simply isn't a need for one at all other than to sit around.


    Again, these are just opinions. I'm sure many of you will not only have a different list, but may also vastly disagree with something on my list. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but please be nice about it.

    DRK - blue procs, yellow procs

    PLD - blue procs, yellow procs, people forgot how to TRICK ATTACK

    Cor - gimp without one, blue procs, possibly yellow with sub

    Brd - gimp without one, blue procs, yellow procs

    Rng - covers both mark and archery blue procs


    All sound useful to me.

    It's not these jobs problem if you people want to cookie cut your way to the promised land. If you really want to talk useless, there's SMN but even that can hardly be called useless as it's pretty decent with Odin for the typical exp alliance and is pretty good for war cleave. But that's about it really. I guess you could throw it in with COR and BRD for buff usefulness or that it can safely solo some stuff but eh anyway.

    The hardcore player base learned that you can cover all red with WAR and NIN, cover all blunt procs with MNK WHM, and cover all yellow procs with blu brd blm rdm whm nin or insert combination of job/job to lessen that even further like blu blm/brd whm/rdm nin and we have to hear for all time how all other jobs are useless because WAR/SAM NIN/WHATEVER MNK/WAR WHM/RDM BLU/WHATEVER BLM/BRD can do it ALL. They can proc all blue blunt, yellow, and red. Everything else is useless. O.m.g. the game is broken.


    Really??? I would facepalm right now if not for the fact that Picard did it better and I would look dumb even trying to compete.
    (1)


    Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

  10. #10
    Player Kyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    66
    Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The blue proc argument isn't that great, since you can just try to plan better and go during blunt period.
    (0)

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast