Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Idris +10 Geomancy

Hello!

Earlier this morning, I finally finished my Idris. I was very excited to see what the combined effect of +15 Geomancy (with Dunna equipped) would do to my spells, but with the few that I tested, I only saw an increase of +10, IE, Indi-Refresh gave +15 MP, Indi-Regen gave +50 HP.

Does Idris actually have +5 Geomancy effects? Or is this a cruel ploy by the devs and the +10 of Idris doesn't stack with the +5 of Dunna? Seeing as how Dunna is our best, and really only, option at the moment for the bell slot, I can't imagine why it would be deemed appropriate for the effects not to work together.
    (3)

Remove Dunna and test again. This will answer your own question...
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    To be blunt, the real question is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    is this a cruel ploy by the devs and the +10 of Idris doesn't stack with the +5 of Dunna? Seeing as how Dunna is our best and really only option at the moment for the bell slot, I can't imagine why it would be deemed appropriate for the effects not to work together.
    Unelonborro just seems to have a knack for getting the info needed. Not that Camate and the other's aren't cool, but they're more on the translation side, rather than finding out what's what. At the end of the day, I'm hopeful that it's an oversight, but I'm pleased with the club regardless.
    (1)

Dev Team
    Greetings, Malithar!

I'd like to forward this on to the item planner, but I'm going to need a bit more information to ensure I'm understanding your issue properly.

What values are you seeing for Indi-Refresh under the following circumstances?

1. When equipped with a random club and a handbell that don't give "Geomancy +" (For a total of Geomancy +0)
    2. When equipped with a random club and Dunna (For a total of Geomancy +5)
    3. When equipped with Idris and a random handbell that doesn't give "Geomancy +" (For a total of Geomancy +10)
    4. When equipped with both Idris and Dunna (For a total of Geomancy +15)

Please also tell me which random club/bell you used, as well as what your geomancy and handbell skills are.

As a brief aside, the reason I am able to get information relatively quickly is because I sit next to the devs (if I blew hard enough, I could probably make Matsui's hair move, although for a variety of reasons I have yet to try this.) I may not be able to respond to everything not localization-related, depending on how busy I am localizing in-game text, but I have a soft spot for Geomancers!

Regards,

Unelonborro
    Localization Lead
    (13)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Unelonborro View Post
    (if I blew hard enough, I could probably make Matsui's hair move, although for a variety of reasons I have yet to try this.)
    Please do, and report back with your findings asap.
    (2)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Thanks for the assistance! ^^/
    1. When equipped with a random club and a handbell that don't give "Geomancy +" (For a total of Geomancy +0)
    Geomancy 419, Handbell 404, club Cagliostro's Rod, bell Filiae Bell. Refresh of 5.
    Geomancy 419, Handbell 407, club Cagliostro's Rod, bell Dunna. Refresh of 10.
    3. When equipped with Idris and a random handbell that doesn't give "Geomancy +" (For a total of Geomancy +10)
    Geomancy 419, Handbell 404, club Idris, bell Filiae Bell. Refresh of 15.
    Geomancy 419, Handbell 407, club Idris, bell Dunna. Refresh of 15.

The specific Geomancy and Handbell gear I'm using is Bagua Tunic, Geomancy Mitaines +1, Lifestream Cape, and the applicable bonus granted by the respective bells.

I greatly look forward to hearing back, thank you again Unelonborro! ^^/
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Greetings, Malithar!

I'd like to forward this on to the item planner, but I'm going to need a bit more information to ensure I'm understanding your issue properly.

What values are you seeing for Indi-Refresh under the following circumstances?

Please also tell me which random club/bell you used, as well as what your geomancy and handbell skills are.

As a brief aside, the reason I am able to get information relatively quickly is because I sit next to the devs (if I blew hard enough, I could probably make Matsui's hair move, although for a variety of reasons I have yet to try this.) I may not be able to respond to everything not localization-related, depending on how busy I am localizing in-game text, but I have a soft spot for Geomancers!

Regards,

Unelonborro
    Localization Lead
    Omg! You're my new best friend.
    (1)

Dev Team
    Good day, Malithar and all other geomancers!

I asked the planner just now, and he confirmed that this is working as intended--only the highest value modifier will take effect. For the curious, this is also the case for items like the recently implemented merirosvo and barataria rings, which affect corsairs' Phantom Rolls.

Sorry to have to crush your dreams of a +20 refresh!

Regards,

Unelonborro
    Localization Lead
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Thank you very much for the response Unelonborro!

I wish I could say I was happy with the response, but alas, crushing dreams happens. :P It was fairly well known that the Corsair Rings didn't stack, though I assumed with Idris' mythic-equivalent nature, that it would go beyond this.

I'm left wondering now what the future of this Ergon weapon may hold, as any future additions or adjustments to Geomancer would need to be factored into it. If there's another bell released with say, +7 Geomancy, this would be one less reason to want an Idris. Also in the future, should more powerful -Loupan DT gear come out, this would be yet another reason to avoid making Idris, as pet -DT equipment caps at 87.5%.

I'm happy with the weapon as it is currently (though disappointed at it's lack of stacking with Dunna), but seeing that it was intended for these effects to not stack makes me feel as though a cap has been placed on Geomancer that will have to be addressed in the future should adjustments take place to our bells, spells, -Loupan DT gear, etc. I hope such work will happen when/if that ever happens. ^^

Thank you again for going through the trouble of finding this out, though the news is less than pleasing, I still greatly appreciate your efforts. ^^/
    (1)
    7/10/14

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I'm left wondering now what the future of this Ergon weapon may hold, as any future additions or adjustments to Geomancer would need to be factored into it. If there's another bell released with say, +7 Geomancy, this would be one less reason to want an Idris.
    There's a similar theme across the board with all weapons/accessories at the moment. The release of the 119 AF Harp and Shield closing the gap to Daurdabla and Ochain, Eminent Flute closing the gap to Gjallarhorn, Aettir to RUN Mythic.

And we could say the same about any of these, if another weapon/accessory was released between the 2 it reduces the bonus of having the emp/relic/mythic/ergon, for example, if an 'all songs +3' instrument was released.

This is, without a doubt, THE BEST REPLY EVER on these forums, and I might have to stick it in my signature now lol!
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 07-14-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast