Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Can we get visible duration timers on our buff list?

Some people may have already mentioned this but it would be very convenient if players could be able to see the remaining duration of buffs that they have currently on like bard songs, corsair songs, and aftermath effects. I find it very difficult when I'm trying to keep up aftermath 3 on a mythic or empyrean weapon but I can't tell exactly when it's about to wear. Even a addition like this would make the life of corsairs and bards a little bit simpler. I am aware that visible timers are accessible for players with windowers/computers, but for players that are exclusively on xbox 360 and PS3 it would be nice.
    (3)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    While this would be nice, I doubt SE could do it well. As brd I sing in a normal party at least 9 different songs. I bet SE would have a limit on how many that would be able to be tracked.

To me it depends how long you've played the job. Since I've played brd so long, usually I can tell by instinct when songs are going to end. To that end visual timers wouldn't really help
    me that much.
    (0)

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    While this would be nice, I doubt SE could do it well. As brd I sing in a normal party at least 9 different songs. I bet SE would have a limit on how many that would be able to be tracked.

To me it depends how long you've played the job. Since I've played brd so long, usually I can tell by instinct when songs are going to end. To that end visual timers wouldn't really help
    me that much.
    I don't exactly mean creating a separate menu list to see the timers on your buffs although this isn't a half bad idea. I just meant could they add the timers in the corner of the buffs that you see at the top of your screen like some people already have access to in windowers. For example, in the corner of the Protect or Shell icon you would see a duration timer that says like 20:38 or 5:55 that tells you how long you have until it wears. I think it'd be a pretty simple implementation granted some people already have this if they use non-square enix endorsed windowers although it may technically be 'illegal'. Especially with all of the things that the development team has been doing to make things a bit easier like allowing you to see your current location ex (I-8) without going into your map, I think this would be another great addition.
    (0)

Player
    The official implementations of the windower plugins (PartyTP) uses information that was always sent to the client. All they had to do there was introduce a ui element for it. Same with our POS. The server sends a vector about where we are in game and the client translates it to a <pos>

No such information is sent about duration of buffs, the unofficial windower has had people get the durations, then manually calculate buff length and additions. I'm not saying they won't do it, I mean, they're adding some insane macro changes next update, but it's a whole lot less likely than the two examples you have given.

I'd like it, though. I just don't see it as very likely unless they merely expose default durations.
    (0)

Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    Maybe it has to do with technical limitations. On ps2 and the 360. Or it could be a code problem
    (0)