Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Wind and String Instruments equipable by Other Jobs

Many small groups go into abyssea to farm +1 seals and +2 items with someone subbing BRD in order to proc Grellow. Since currently all instruments are equipable by BRD main only this reduces their efficiency.

How about adding both wind and string intruments that could be equipable by other/all jobs.

If need be, could start off with all mage jobs then just add some for ALL later on if the need is there.
    (1)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Supporting this since it doesn't hurt to have things overlap a little. As a bard I wont cry if other jobs can use instruments/songs. You don't see white mages rioting when other jobs use abilities/magic that heals or thieves when a dancer pulls out a knife.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    instruments will not really improve the accuracy of the songs if thats your issue...

sure you will add your halved C singing to your halved C wind/string skills, having as a results a C skill. still half the potency of a real brd. i doubt it will let you stick something that you are not already capable of.
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Shinzagoon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Allowing other jobs to use instruments just for a small, small, tiny part of the game (i.e Grellow) doesn't make sense to me. Instruments are what make Bard unique; take them from the job, and you're left with nothing. Bard doesn't have spells that aren't songs. A white mage won't cry about another job having cure because there are ~16 jobs in the game, and cure is something that shouldn't be specific to one single class; however, WHM excels at said spell (due to high MND, MP, abilities, white-magic focus, etc). Bard won't cry if another job can sing one song as /brd, but BRD excels at songs (due to instruments).

If we really want to start talking about a bard losing uniqueness because of Grellow, let's also talk about how another class can get a wyvern.
    (1)

I think the barrier to allowing other jobs to have instruments is that every instrument has a latent effect of "allow 2nd bard song effect". The clear intent of game designers was to make bard sub (and cor too?) a 1 and done buffer, maybe to encourage you to use a main support job player, since most parties wouldn't bother with a bard main if you can get 2 songs from a /brd... with another job's survivability/usefulness. Personally, I think the halved skill and the inherrent subjob gimping would probably kill any /brd for general play by 60 even with 2 songs, but that's just me.

Like I needed my bst/brd to have 12 (or more with elemental staves) more things to carry...
    (0)

I've always disagreed with not allowing a second buff.

1. Only 1 buff => your subjob is at 50% potency.
    2. Only half skill/nerfed results => your subjob is at 25% potency
    3. Only a limited amount of songs/abilities to choose from => your subjob is at about 10-15% potency

If this applied to other subjobs, cure would for example cure II would heal for 15 instead of 90 HP. Or your berserk would give 5% attack. This idea in general would make any subjob pointless, but currently just make BRD and COR pointless. (SMN is also pretty pointless, as well as BLM due to restrictions on spells and skills).

I still don't get why some subjobs are full power and others are weakened 90%. I'd like to see all subjobs being pointless, or all being useful. Favoring all being useless just to annoy people who were lucky enough to play for years with good subs.
    (1)

I feel your pain, lol. Bard/White Mage most of the time in endgame. I have 186 MP in my base gear set without food, usually walk arround with about 226 total (although I have the gear/food to go to about 312, at the expense of my bard main efficiency). My naked lvl 49 whm/brd (tele taxi build) has 332. Seems to me I should have whatever my MP is at 45. I Cure IV just as well as the dedicated WHMs out there (discounting merits), why don't I have the MP to match?
    (0)

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Because stats from Sub-jobs are reduced.

And BRD is just not something you should sub. BRD is the main (wo)man. BRD is center stage. BRD should be up there in front stabbing things with Evisceration.
    (0)
    "I Trick Attacked some guy. He's dead now."

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    Supporting this since it doesn't hurt to have things overlap a little. As a bard I wont cry if other jobs can use instruments/songs. You don't see white mages rioting when other jobs use abilities/magic that heals or thieves when a dancer pulls out a knife.
    I think this thread disagrees with you :P http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...791-Dual-weild
    On the other hand I don't see any harm to letting other jobs use instruments. You only get access to songs up to sub level, have much lower skill, and instruments for the most part only extend duration not accuracy (although having access to double the skill would help with acc). The only thing about /brd in abyssea that drives me nuts is it's usually the blm who is made to /brd. I hate playing blm/brd lol.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Next people will be wanting jugs to be all jobs... actualy, I kind of want that now. >.>
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast