Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Afflatus Misery and Cura

When I heard the strategy for Shadow Lord II was for the WHM to stand with the melee and spam Curaga, my first thought was "this is Afflatus Misery's time to shine!"

To test Cura, I ran to Yorcia Weald, caught a nearby Snapweed's attention, and let it hit me naked. The Snapsweed dealt upwards of 500 damage. I Reposed the Snapweed then used Cura III. Cura III, with MND127, VIT144, and +50% Potency, 449 Healing Magic Skill, and the Afflatus bonus, restored 505HP.

505 is actually up from a base of ~177 with just MND gear on and ~268 with potency gear. With that, we know that the Potency and Afflatus bonuses are being applied but the result is still incredibly underwhelming.

I've made a few alterations to my gear since that quick test but.. am I missing something? That sounds awful. The wiki says Cura III should be "approximately the level of" Curaga IV after the bonus is applied but its more similar Curaga II. Were the Cura spells not changed in the Cure Potency update or something?
    (0)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I was under the assumption that Cura was always a joke.
    That aside they've always been kind of useless, no reason for a change now.
    (0)