Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Player Babekeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Are you playing another game? Where everyone needs WHM mule to solo abyssea and no one buy coins.
    I can only assume that anyone who calls themselves "Lord" (and then can't solo abyssea) is a joke.
    (0)

  2. #42
    Player pretre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    146
    Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    in my opinion elitism is a good thing but only for top level content, the issue is there is very little content to do these days so every one wants to do the delve bosses as all the other content is a joke in terms of a challenge, there should be a diff in a person that put in the time and effort to get a j/s/e weapon compared to someone that gets a drop from a nm. se is trying to make the game equal for every one so it don't really matter if you put the work in or not which is why the game is starting to become a bit stale. there is still only one endgame option ( delve bosses ) and every update they just add a new bcnm, imo we need 3 or 4 end game options that take large groups like the old lvl 75 days so elite players can be the foundation of the end game ls and the casual players can just fit in around them just like the old days. your character should represent the work you put in to it, casual players should have mostly casual gear and elite players should have elite gear
    (1)

  3. #43
    Player Lordkyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    34
    Character
    Kaedensetsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I can only assume that anyone who calls themselves "Lord" (and then can't solo abyssea) is a joke.
    oh yes , anything else?
    or are you done?
    (0)

  4. #44
    Player Olor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,134
    Quote Originally Posted by pretre View Post
    your character should represent the work you put in to it, casual players should have mostly casual gear and elite players should have elite gear
    Sorry bro, this was done because the playerbase is shrinking. As much as you might think it would be fun to sit and shout for 10 hours to get a three song bard because your LS bard had some real life thing to do... SE saw that not enough people were available to complete content and so they have moved to evening out the differences in player strength. I think this is a great thing. If you want to call yourself elite, go make a mythic. That takes some real dedication and people will respect you for it. For a lot of jobs its a huge boon too. The difference between a yagrush whm and a non yagrush whm is still huge. The difference between a nirvana smn and a non mythic smn is also large. Heck, a 4-song Dharp is still massively more powerful than the JSE harp. Ochain is still best at what it does.

    Many REMs still have a lot to recommend them. The difference is now you don't have people with an 85-90 empy thinking they are better than someone doing current content. That's ok.

    Truly Elite players still have ways to distinguish themselves - the difference is people who want to think they are elite but don't actually put that much more work in don't get to feel massively superior to normal players. Given the size of the playerbase - that's just fine.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-26-2014 at 01:50 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

  5. #45
    Player Draylo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Sorry bro, this was done because the playerbase is shrinking. As much as you might think it would be fun to sit and shout for 10 hours to get a three song bard because your LS bard had some real life thing to do... SE saw that not enough people were available to complete content and so they have moved to evening out the differences in player strength. I think this is a great thing. If you want to call yourself elite, go make a mythic. That takes some real dedication and people will respect you for it. For a lot of jobs its a huge boon too. The difference between a yagrush whm and a non yagrush whm is still huge. The difference between a nirvana smn and a non mythic smn is also large. Heck, a 4-song Dharp is still massively more powerful than the JSE harp. Ochain is still best at what it does.

    Many REMs still have a lot to recommend them. The difference is now you don't have people with an 85-90 empy thinking they are better than someone doing current content. That's ok.

    Truly Elite players still have ways to distinguish themselves - the difference is people who want to think they are elite but don't actually put that much more work in don't get to feel massively superior to normal players. Given the size of the playerbase - that's just fine.
    In what world do you live in that people who are part of an LS shout 10 hours for a bard? Gearing a 3song bard is so easy lol
    (1)

  6. #46
    Player Sapphire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    BACK IN BASTOK!
    Posts
    267
    Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    In what world do you live in that people who are part of an LS shout 10 hours for a bard? Gearing a 3song bard is so easy lol
    People who HATE playing BRD, hate it, don't want to gear it, no matter how easy, will NOT gear it, etc. Your ls has say three bards, one went on vacation, one had an emergency, one is just awol. Cue disaster. (Maybe not 10 hours of shouting.)

    Just a hypothetical.
    (2)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

  7. #47
    Player Olor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    In what world do you live in that people who are part of an LS shout 10 hours for a bard? Gearing a 3song bard is so easy lol
    Not right now. But before JSE I regularly saw people shouting for several hours for a bard. That was my point. SE saw that that large differentials in playerbase capability were hampering group play. So they have begun flattening the differences between players. Before JSE lots of LSes didn't have a single 3 song bard. Now many have several.

    Ten hours was an exaggeration, obviously. I still see people shouting for a long time for BRD. Although haven't played much for a couple weeks so don't know if this is still the case but in off peak hours I would still see people looking for bards for a significant amount of time. I know because I'd feel slightly guilty for not signing up but I often don't feel like doing serious content.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 07-26-2014 at 03:03 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

  8. #48
    Player Maledict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34
    Character
    Maledict
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    If you make any of that or more you get on BG's "gimp/confused/wtf" list where they make it their job to bully those players into quitting or worse (like making threats like "I hope that gimp kills themselves irl" or "someone needs to get that gimps dox and burn their house down" and as usual bully people who have disabilities, its pretty much 4chan)
    Whoa! Whoa! Hey now! That disgraces 4chan. Not even /v/ or /b/ do that.

    (Matter of fact, the few times /v/ has come in direct contact with BG it has resulted in disgust.)
    (0)

  9. #49
    Player pretre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    146
    Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    [QUOTE=Olor;517609]Sorry bro, this was done because the playerbase is shrinking. As much as you might think it would be fun to sit and shout for 10 hours to get a three song bard because your LS bard had some real life thing to do... SE saw that not enough people were available to complete content and so they have moved to evening out the differences in player strength. I think this is a great thing. If you want to call yourself elite, go make a mythic. That takes some real dedication and people will respect you for it. For a lot of jobs its a huge boon too. The difference between a yagrush whm and a non yagrush whm is still huge. The difference between a nirvana smn and a non mythic smn is also large. Heck, a 4-song Dharp is still massively more powerful than the JSE harp. Ochain is still best at what it does.

    I do see your point but I have to disagree as I think the 4 jobs you mentioned there are the only jobs you could say outshine the current content counterparts by a large amount, I don't consider myself or the ls I run to be elite as I put my weapon time in to relics and not mythics, but a relic for a non elite player takes dedication too. for the most part lets say a war joins a group and he has a mythic 119 greataxe he will get respect for it but only because you don't see many around rather than there is a huge damage gap between it and a current content greataxe of 30 dmg more which imo the work of a weapon like that or even a bravura should be shown in its abilitys. but my main point is that we need multiple end games that take large amounts of people rather than just delve in which case we would end up like the old lvl75 days of having lses for set events rather than people doing shouts, I don't ever remember people shouting for sky or dyna runs, and as im sure you remember from back then if you had a decent weapon you did well in sky an dyna but the relic and mythic owners really got to shine as they should
    (0)
    Last edited by pretre; 07-27-2014 at 06:30 AM.

  10. #50
    Player Babekeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Not right now. But before JSE I regularly saw people shouting for several hours for a bard. That was my point. SE saw that that large differentials in playerbase capability were hampering group play. So they have begun flattening the differences between players. Before JSE lots of LSes didn't have a single 3 song bard. Now many have several.

    Ten hours was an exaggeration, obviously. I still see people shouting for a long time for BRD. Although haven't played much for a couple weeks so don't know if this is still the case but in off peak hours I would still see people looking for bards for a significant amount of time. I know because I'd feel slightly guilty for not signing up but I often don't feel like doing serious content.
    If only Haste II had come out earlier, they could have never released the JSE Harp, and given BRD a better weapon for non-mythics.

    Can't find a 3-song BRD? take a RDM and a well-geared non-empy BRD instead.

    But no, now it's just any brd that paid a few mil for a JSE harp, then Q.Q when you realise that the guy just wanted a spot in your PT and hasn't bothered to gear afterall.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5