Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

How do you feel about Subduction and Thrashing Assault?

No adjustments were made to Blue Mage, instead we were given 3 new spells. Thoughts on these spells? Opinions? Feedback? I'm curious...
    (0)

Character
    Mystouille
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    (edit : revised sighthing thx to damane)

Subduction: Spammable , hyper potent "gravity" effect but crappy damages and moderate damages even with appropriate nuking gear , and but no eva reduction since the dev team got the terribad idea to remove eva down to gravity series to give it to distract series
    >yes it's pretty useless imo nice for spamming but will it be really useful on high end content
    [note: the mab trait is nice to spare room for other spells]
    7/20 [correction 14/20]

Thrashing assault: The evil twin of QC > loooonger recast , higher damage, higher ftp scaling) but HIGHER price too , nice for a sudden burst damage since it can light with savage blade [max dmg seen on high end content is approx 9.8K with average gear under CA-EF] , Dble attack trait given with this one and dex : not the best spell but definitly not the worst 14/20

Erratic Flutter : One of the real wonder in the whole spell list : long-lasting haste2 effect (approx 30+% for 5 mins), not overwritten by lower versions , nice stats too , spell cost and recast are quite nice for this effect ,and the best a whooping FC (8)
    20/20

To resume :the traits given are nice , the stats bonuses are very good , damage might have been are better (especially for subduction)
    let's hope that the dev team try to see the REAL numbers in action and adjust our other spells accordingly

ps: the post about 4k dmg by subduction is a vile troll attempt...it's more like 1.7-2.5k

for further insight i'd recommend you to look this topic : http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30...blue-mage/101/
    (0)
    Last edited by Mystouille; 07-12-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: correcting statements

Character
    Dragmagi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    What mobs have the new spells?
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Honestly, I like subduction. The only problem I have with it is the fact is doesn't give evasion down which was what I was looking forward the most.

Thrashing assault has poor SC properties, but we get an extra spell slot, 8 dex, and 20 hp for setting it. Who knows... Maybe we'll get a ws sometime in the future that will work better with it.
    (0)

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I believed Thrashing Assault would be a new tier of physical blue magic. It's actually very much in the same category as Quad Cont., Quadrastrike, Amorphic Spikes etc... (give or take some). Not disappointed by any means...just that my focus for main physical damage is still my sword.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystouille View Post
    Subduction: Spammable , hyper potent "gravity" effect but crappy damages even with appropriate nuking gear , and no eva reduction since the dev team got the terribad idea to remove eva down to gravity series to give it to distract series
    >yes it's pretty useless imo [but the mab trait is nice to spare room for other spells]
    7/20

Thrashing assault: The evil twin of QC > loooonger recast , higher damage, higher ftp scaling) but HIGHER price too , nice for a sudden burst damage since it can light with savage blade [max dmg seen on high end content is approx 9.8K with average gear under CA-EF] , Dble attack trait given with this one and dex : not the best spell but definitly not the worst 14/20

Erratic Flutter : One of the real wonder in the whole spell list : long-lasting haste2 effect (approx 30+% for 5 mins), not overwritten by lower versions , nice stats too , spell cost and recast are quite nice for this effect ,and the best a whooping FC (8)
    20/20

To resume :the traits given are nice , the stats bonuses are very good , damage might have been better (especially for subduction)
    let's hope that the dev team try to see the REAL numbers in action and adjust our spells accordingly

ps: the post about 4k dmg by subduction is a vile troll attempt...

for further insight i'd recommend you to look this topic : http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30...blue-mage/101/
    for the low cost of subduction and its recast/cast its a very good spell that has alot of uses when facing multiple enemys, its basicly a 10 times better version then any tier 1-ga spell. its nice and has definitly its uses they way it was implemented.
    (2)

Character
    Mystouille
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    for the low cost of subduction and its recast/cast its a very good spell that has alot of uses when facing multiple enemys, its basicly a 10 times better version then any tier 1-ga spell. its nice and has definitly its uses they way it was implemented.
    after further testings it seems that you were right the damage isn't so weak as it seems i probably had a lot of resists when i've tested this spell
    (0)
    Last edited by Mystouille; 07-12-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    spell has a big need for you to beat the targets int(Dint2 x ftp2.00 supposedly) so its dmg can drop fast if you aren't. I find the spell a bit weird tho becaus its 12 ish aoe range is centered on the caster and not the target i mean you drop the rock on a monster in front of you dont hit the monsters right next to him, but hit the ones waay behind you >.>... still for 27 mana and the gravity 2-4k is pritty solid, only does like 300-500 to shadow lord tho....
    (0)