Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    No frame can cast ANYTHING on itself.
    Also you can't exactly macro in -PDT/-MDT attachments on the fly like you can with player gear either. Having them equipped isn't the same as all the buffs and advantage a player has.
    Actually frames are able to cast on themselves, cure's being the most obvious, but also WHM can cast Regen IV on itself and BLM cast's dread spikes (the latter is less important as it doesn't cast on player originally).

But I agree that the attachments don't function as pro/shell as I mentioned in my post. Would be nice to increase frames elemental load, with job-points for example.

Also the content of Camets post while awesome, is slightly concerning, the frames I can see most benefiting from Pro/Shell are the RNG/PLD frame, which have no casting abilities. Unless a player would be able to cast Pro/Shell on them, which would be much more useful.
    (4)
    Last edited by Elvyn; 07-19-2014 at 05:50 PM.
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!

lol I remember that Magic Mortar phase when it was a lot of dmg. That is pretty typical dmg now though, don't see a problem changing it back.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvyn View Post
    Actually frames are able to cast on themselves, cure's being the most obvious, but also WHM can cast Regen IV on itself and BLM cast's dread spikes (the latter is less important as it doesn't cast on player originally).

But I agree that the attachments don't function as pro/shell as I mentioned in my post. Would be nice to increase frames elemental load, with job-points for example.

Also the content of Camets post while awesome, is slightly concerning, the frames I can see most benefiting from Pro/Shell are the RNG/PLD frame, which have no casting abilities. Unless a player would be able to cast Pro/Shell on them, which would be much more useful.
    Whoops. You are correct. Shows how long it's been since I used a mage frame. ;p I suppose to clarify I meant protective buffs (other than Dread Spikes). I don't remember ever seeing the WHM frame cast Regen on anybody other than a player. *shrugs*
    But we're all in agreement that NO frame casts Pro/Shell on itself or can have Pro/Shell put on it (which would be helpful for the non-mage frames).
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Whoops. You are correct. Shows how long it's been since I used a mage frame. ;p I suppose to clarify I meant protective buffs (other than Dread Spikes). I don't remember ever seeing the WHM frame cast Regen on anybody other than a player. *shrugs*
    But we're all in agreement that NO frame casts Pro/Shell on itself or can have Pro/Shell put on it (which would be helpful for the non-mage frames).
    It's the thing that currently has a monster's attention, that a level 99 player would see as Decent Challenge for Regen, including itself
    (0)

Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Iv also seen Punchy cast Regen IV on the main tank during BCNM's if I'm not the main target.
    Indeed those are the only two "buffs" iv seen, cant even get my RDM to stoneskin itself, which seems odd lol

MM can do some decent DMG but it take a lot of preparing, I like using Mana converter to take it into Red HP just before to get 1k+ but even then if your to quick with mana converter it will cure itself before WS
    (0)
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!

Player
    Iv also seen Punchy cast Regen IV on the main tank during BCNM's if I'm not the main target.
    Indeed those are the only two "buffs" iv seen, cant even get my RDM to stoneskin itself, which seems odd lol

MM can do some decent DMG but it take a lot of preparing, I like using Mana converter to take it into Red HP just before to get 1k+ but even then if your to quick with mana converter it will cure itself before WS
    But.. Knockout does 1k straight up and gives -eva. Putting your auto below max hp just increases the risk of not being able to DAD it.
    (0)

Yeah I've only noticed it cast Regen on me or a tank in a party. I've had the WHM puppet fight something by itself before when I got linked aggro, and I just don't remember it buffing itself at all except cures.
    And yeah I think it's weird too that the RDM puppet doesn't stoneskin/phalanx/haste itself.
    Of course you can force Blaze Spikes and Stoneskin with attachments on any frame, but that's about it.
    (0)

Player
    Agreed as of right now our pets are just as squishy as a Loupon. If they are already have trouble of force popping buffs with Maneuvers I am not even going to ask for a command that force the automaton to move distance from aoe range but are still able to cast. in parties we have to take that extra few seconds (if using a mage auto) to deploy an x amount of distance from the mob then go finally going in for our attacks. Unless during pt emergencies dont have autos out, activate, pop light manuever for a cure and quickly deactivate them. But that then takes away from our DPS because of the delay from activating manuevers.

If Dev team can come up with augmenting the fights depending on the amount of players are in pt/alliance for delve They can do something to that extend to our automatons. Augmenting our automatons from solo/pt/alli
    (0)

Apologies to keep you all waiting on the fixes for the Target Marker and Attuner attachments.

In order to fix the issues large revamps to the attachment system are necessary, so we expect this to take some time to complete.

We understand that pet accuracy is still lacking when participating in content (not only for automatons), but we are prioritizing overall boosts to pets at the moment, and we are looking into making adjustments to this with the new job point elements that are scheduled for some time after the November version update.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

again, AGAIN the problem is that the math tables for pets are scaled improperly into end-game on a trait native to the job, and instead of SE troubleshooting it we players have to fix it by grind content wasting resources that could be better spent on chosen augments to our characters instead of doing bug fixes that should have happened 2 years ago when they were 1st observed. can you try to get us an acceptable reason why? because (paraphrased) "we don't feel like it" is getting kind of old and was never actually acceptable to begin with.
    (8)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast