Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Out of curiosity, I changed to DRG, equipped Upukirex and ran outside for /checkparam. My wyvern has 733 defense, which is a tad more than Balloon's example.
    Which is without any parameter boosting, try Wyvern Def * (960/CurrentWyvernAttack). Then add the bonus from Protect/Shell from Spirit Link. That's how high you can probably expect it to get.

Ignoring that though, I mean.. slowclap. 3 more def than us and still getting a def boost. Bravo.
    (3)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-18-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    No, no, no, no, no... The auto's defense is terrible. Please, at least consider increasing their max hp.
    You can increase your automaton hp by 100 using job points. Please look forward to it. Fixed.
    (4)

Apologies for the confusion with the way the comment was written about Protect and Shell. It should have read "it’s also possible for them to apply Protect and Shell to further enhance their resilience" and I've made edits to my post.

With that said though, I'll continue to pass along your feedback to the development team about automaton's defensive capabilities.
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    That's the problem though, they can't apply Protect And Shell to themselves, it does nothing to enhance their defensive capability

Furthermore, if they could (which again, they absolutely cannot) then it would apply to 2 of our frames out of 5. In a party scenario you're unlikely to use those frames, also, so it wouldn't help in the slightest.

Thank you for sending the feedback, I'd also like you to mention the disparity between player Acc/Atk, and pet acc/attack. And some of the more egregious AI issues for the WHM Frame.

Please clarify what you mean with the protect and shell thing, because it appears to be an error currently.
    (10)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-18-2014 at 09:45 AM.

I would say, perhaps they may be assuming you're using some form of defensive Attachments... anyway, each pet has its own form of defensive protection.

BST Jugs have a lot of HP

Wyverns have a lot of bonuses to help them survive (and more to come)

Automatons have access to a lot of defensive Attachments that increase their PDT, MDT, allow the use of Stoneskin, and they can cure themselves.

Each one has their strong points, but i do agree Automatons go down like paper, just like a player would, because you cannot cure them yourself.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    Which is without any parameter boosting, try Wyvern Def * (960/CurrentWyvernAttack). Then add the bonus from Protect/Shell from Spirit Link. That's how high you can probably expect it to get.

Ignoring that though, I mean.. slowclap. 3 more def than us and still getting a def boost. Bravo.
    Yeah, I was just curious what the base def level was, after that bizarre dev statement about "automaton defense is higher than other pets." What pets are they comparing to? It's obviously not true. (Along with the still incorrect statement about being able to buff themselves.)
    On the other hand, wyverns die just as easily despite all the other stuff you pointed out. Then we're left as a gimp DD with a polearm for 20 minutes. I guess SE is throwing us a bone because they wont reduce the recast? I dunno.
    Still, it's no excuse not to boost automaton defense also, and/or give us a JA like Spirit Link since they can't be buffed.
    (0)

Player
    Maybe, but they referred to casting Protect/Shell twice already. Casting is a pretty strong indicator they mean the spells. Which is depressing that they corrected themselves with another mistake
    (3)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can understand their concern of making Pets too strong with defense, would promote abuse of cheap "pet only" strategies to defeat some content and they clearly don't want them.
    What they should do is what they've done in other MMOs, make so all pets take reduced from AoE which are not specifically targeted on them, and make that reduction BIG, not something like -5% lol
    (3)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    I can understand their concern of making Pets too strong with defense, would promote abuse of cheap "pet only" strategies to defeat some content and they clearly don't want them.
    What they should do is what they've done in other MMOs, make so all pets take reduced from AoE which are not specifically targeted on them, and make that reduction BIG, not something like -5% lol
    Absolutely the kind of thing I had in mind! Something so that I can get my automaton to survive til the next Repair recast is up!

It's a problem with the game, the content the release is so focused on unmitigable AoE damage that shaves off anywhere between 80-150% of a players HP that it's no surprise a lot of jobs are left in the cold. There's a reason rangers are used more frequently now.

I really would like a response to that Protect thing, it has worried me greatly, I don't want the devs thinking we can do something we can't, especially because it seems they decided that we won't get a much needed boost because of it.
    (1)

Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Originally I brushed Camate's comment off as a "They have Mana Jammer and Armor Plating". However after making a addendum to his original post but still keeping the original phrasing of it, I don't see how these attachments can be considered pro/shell. The only other thing I could think of it maybe with RDM and WHM frame there is a way to make the Auto's cast it upon themselves.
    Which still doesn't address the issue regarding PLD/RNG frames... so I'm at a loss.
    (1)
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast