Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with that sentiment. It just could be implemented a bit better, is all.

But that's indicative of a much bigger problem with puppetmaster, rather than the addition itself
    (1)

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    It's fantastic that we were given haste 2! Thank you for that.

The RDM frame has it placed last on it's priority of enhancements (Meaning if you're fighting anything that can break stoneskin it'll never really get cast) and it doesn't think to overwrite haste 1, meaning if you're using a whm trust it's often just gonna get uncast.
    Currently, the Stormwaker Y-700 prioritizes the buffs it chooses starting from the ones that protect the player first. However, we informed the development team about your suggestion for the priority of casting and they will be looking into prioritizing Haste II over Stoneskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    Furthermore, keeping our automatons alive is nigh impossible, they have no way to protect themselves, we have one ability to heal them, and they have low hp. Armor Plates help, but not really. They need some stronger resistance to AoE.
    Compared to other pets, automaton defense is already quite high and it’s also possible for them to apply Protect and Shell to further enhance their resilience, so the development team does not have any plans at the moment to increase their resistance against AoE.
    *The development team will be looking into making it to automatons cast Protect and Shell on themselves.

Additionally as a side note, we’ll be looking into whether we can add other means for the Valoredge frame to generate enmity.
    (4)
    Last edited by Camate; 07-19-2014 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Information update/correction
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    cast protect and shell on itself should be something cool, i agree about haste II > stonekin but if they want protect payer phalax should be first then stoneskin
    (0)

I think even Phalanx > Haste II > Stoneskin would be a far better priority than what it currently is.
    (2)

Player
    Firstly, that's great. Thank you.

I urge you to reconsider about defense issue. Our Automatons are paper, the only one with palatable defense is the PLD automaton, but his attack power is weak and it's unpalatable to use him. You cite Wyverns needing a defense but, but they really really don't in comparison. They have a lot more tools to keep them alive and can be palatable without their pet.

I went to AA Elvaan the other day. The average life of my pet was ridiculous, stacking Armor Plates and Spamming Repair. This was on easy.

I'm glad you've heard my complaints, but I feel there's a lot missing about the AI and accuracy/Attack/ Survivability issues. I won't argue there's not a lot of DEF there, I'll argue that that DEF is pointless when automatons can't be healed by outside people and are on a 2minute timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Compared to other pets, automaton defense is already quite high and it’s also possible to apply Protect and Shell to further enhance their resilience, so the development team does not have any plans at the moment to increase their resistance against AoE.
    How? It doesn't do this. You have said this like it currently applies Protect and Shell to itself, or that we can apply protect/shell to it. We cannot. Please address this.

I worry about the dev teams understanding of the job if they believe we can buff pets already, because we absolutely cannot. WHM auto doesn't cast a ra version of it's spells, it Protects you exclusively. RDM casts Stoneskin and Phalanx on you, but not itself.

Again, don't get me wrong, appreciate the response, but I'd really appreciate it if you spoke to the devs and informed them that, no, Automatons cannot currently Protect/Shell itself, nor can we protect/shell it. We can't buff them at all, it's an issue that's come up several times. It is no surprise that some jobs sit in a state of disrepair when the Devs appear to not even have a design document about them or a basic understanding of what they can/cannot do.

You know what's hilarious about this post? Wyverns can get Protect/Shell via Spirit Link. GG.
    (9)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-18-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Compared to other pets, automaton defense is already quite high and it’s also possible to apply Protect and Shell to further enhance their resilience, so the development team does not have any plans at the moment to increase their resistance against AoE.
    No, no, no, no, no... The auto's defense is terrible. Please, at least consider increasing their max hp.
    (9)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    No, no, no, no, no... The auto's defense is terrible. Please, at least consider increasing their max hp.
    You mustn't be casting Protect/Shell on it. Did you not know that that was ALWAYS possible. </sigh>
    (1)

I was gonna say, an automaton that can buff itself/be buffed is news to me.
    I really don't understand how players can continually say "I can't keep my automaton alive" and "we suffer in endgame, if we can get in at all," and then have the dev team turn around and talk total BS about the job like they don't even know how it works.
    (3)

Player

Exceedingly Liberal use of the word "high" there Square, less than an ilvl 116 player with Protect. You actually can't give us the runaround with that anymore, we can check. That's the automaton we'd most use.

It gets a bit higher with Paladin, but not excessively, and they also don't have access to the same level of PDT gear, shadows, cures and other things to mitigate damage. So yeah, not really "High"

also, again, just throwing this out there. 119 wyvern with parameter boost has like 951 accuracy and about 960 attack. 951 accuracy vs 774 with an ilvl 119 automaton and Regimen mitts.

Moreover:::

Level 99 Automatons:
    Code:
    Stormwaker HP - 1040 HP w/Food+1 - 1064 (HP+24)
    Sharpshot HP - 1239 HP w/Food+1 - 1266 (HP+27)
    Harlequin HP - 1621 HP w/Food+1 - 1651 (HP+30)
    Valoredge HP - 1963 HP w/Food+1 - 1999 (HP+36)
    Level 99 Jug Pets
    Code:
    BraveHeroGlenn HP - 3990 HP w/Food+1 - 4010 (HP+20)
    CrudeRaphie HP - 4212 HP w/Food+1 - 4232 (HP+20)
    Bugeyed Broncha HP - 4912 HP w/Food+1 - 4936 (HP+24)
    DapperMac HP - 5542 HP w/Food+1 - 5568 (HP+26,

HP differences.

SwoopingZhivago: ilv119 Def 756 HP5544
    PonderingPeter: ilvl 119 Def832 HP5544
    Aged Angus: ilvl119 Def983 HP5434

Notice the incongruity. Look at that HP compared to ours, I mean, it's not even comparable. My sharpshot has 1600 hp. It'll take one or two AoE vs Beastmasters several. But they have nearly the same DEF.

And further proof, not that anyone that has played the job for more than 5 seconds needs it.
    (6)
    Last edited by Balloon; 07-18-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Out of curiosity, I changed to DRG, equipped Upukirex and ran outside for /checkparam. My wyvern has 733 defense, which is a tad more than Balloon's example.
    (3)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast