Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

What am I going to do with all this Mage gear?! [Puppetmaster Equipment]

So I know that the level of item vomit and jobs on a new piece of equipment is largely automated, but I think it's about time you updated whatever table you use to put PUP on gear to reflect it's actual role.

We've been a job since 2006, and 8 years later we're still getting placed onto gear such as Perdition Slops and Seshaw Cape. We do not need Occult Accumen gear, we have no mana.

It's kind of insulting that gear we could actually use, like the new Jupon and Onimusha-No-Kote, we're left off of. I get that the job selection seems to be based on what was on the older pieces of gear (Like the Sekhmet Corset), but perhaps you should spend some time having a look at the items you're gonna add first.

With the announcement that you're going to try to buff pet jobs slightly, it would be nice to have things like this, that have plagued us for 8 years, be addressed.
    (6)

I noticed that too. Very disappointing.

ETA: I remember /SCH used to be a thing, though I never tried it. Are we expected to /WHM or something? Even with the magey-type gear, I don't see PUP functioning as some kind of magey-hybrid job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 07-10-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    I noticed that too. Very disappointing.

ETA: I remember /SCH used to be a thing, though I never tried it. Are we expected to /WHM or something? Even with the magey-type gear, I don't see PUP functioning as some kind of magey-hybrid job.
    Speculation is that for a long time Puppetmaster was conceived as a Necromancer, the job was changed late on and they never fixed the gear it was supposed to appear on. For a long time they said it was Lore reasons that we were on cloth gear.
    (0)

Character
    Sirkus
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Back when Abyssea came out, PUP/WHM was a viable healer in Aby area's with the right atma's equipped. With the puppet Cure VI bombing, mixed with your Cure IV's, you could cure multiple people at once, and it actually worked out quite well. I'm actually disappointed that PUP hasn't been put on any of the new mage gear. I liked having multiple gear sets for different occasions.
    (0)

Player
    Anything was a viable anything in Abyssea.

Having different gear for different situations is fine, it's what makes the game great, but getting put on capes that literally have nothing but MAB, or pants that have Occult Accumen + Doesn't demonstrate Squares desire for PUP to be this versatile every class, it demonstrates ignorance on their part of what PUP does more often than not. We cannot, do not and should not nuke.

There's frankly no reason we should be on mage gear. We are not a mage. We get often overlooked on some of the DD slots because of it. I'm asking for a less automated look at gear design, because I find it very suspect we're not on that Jupon when it's a cloth piece of armor.

Puppetmaster is probably the worst job in the game at the moment. With ilvl gear our one marketable trait, the ability to solo older content, is not worth anything. Trusts provide that ability outside of certain content, and inside anything sub dancer can be just as efficacious as us.

What sometimes scares me about pup is the amount of people who will insist the job is fine because they enjoy it. Getting put on mage gear for 8 years is not okay without a fundamental reworking of what our job does, and there's not a single area today I can think of where it'd be beneficial.
    (1)

at least they put us on Espials for sparks gear, the light DD stuff. Imagine how the rng feel, stuck on Wayfarers which did absolutely NOTHING for them, I guess they can /rdm and Flurry themselves now, but still, that isn't worth it.
    (0)

Player
    I'd love an answer to this at some point
    (0)

Player
    The localization leader told me that this was done manually, so it's an intentional decision.

Why?
    (2)

Player
    A list that I compiled in 5 minutes, not definitive, level 99 gear some of it is very recent.
    Chelona Blazer
    Manasa Chasuble
    Wikyo Cloak
    Weather. Robe +1
    Wayfarer Robe
    Haruspex Coat
    Orvail Robe +1
    Chelona Hat
    Wayfarer Circlet
    Orvail Corona +1
    Weather. Corona
    Haruspex Hat
    Chelona Gloves
    Weath. Cuffs +1
    Wayfarer Cuffs
    Haruspex Cuffs
    Algidus Cape
    Gwyddion's Cape
    Taubran Cape
    Swith Cape
    Medala Cape
    Seshaw Cape
    Kumbira Cape
    Savior Mantle
    Pahtli Cape
    Ogapepo Cape
    Maniacus Sash
    Bougonia Rope
    Ovate Rope
    Wohpe's Sabots
    Battlecast Gaiters

So I ask. Why the hell is PUP on occult Accumen gear, or MAB gear, or cure gear. Christ.
    (2)

Player
    This wouldn't be too bad if we were put on all the appropriate gear, but we aren't.

Yes, I am bumping this thread on the regular.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast