Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Give the new Abrasion Bolt to THF.

...Along with a 119 crossbow (ideally with a lot of ranged accuracy, and likely low damage to compensate) with which to use them, please.

While we're at it, new sleep bolts and bloody bolts would be very welcome too.

Crossbows used to be a staple of THF's repertoire. Let's have that be the case again please.
    (6)

Yeah I'd settle for a 1 dmg Xbow if it was 119 with 242 marksmanship. Heck, even stick some ranged att - on it.
    (2)

Greetings,

Currently we do not have any plans of allowing thief to use Abrasion Bolts, nor do we have any plans to add higher-tier versions of Sleep Bolts and Bloody Bolts.

When it comes to marksmanship, the development team is currently prioritizing adjustments focused on ranger. While there is a possibility that adjustments are also made to thief in the future, instead of ammunition, the addition of an item level 119 ranged weapon will be the priority.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

While there is a possibility that adjustments are also made to thief in the future, instead of ammunition, the addition of an item level 119 ranged weapon will be the priority.
    I will probably be murdered by half this forum, but I'll totally take a 119 boomerang. Just sayin'
    (1)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    I will probably be murdered by half this forum, but I'll totally take a 119 boomerang. Just sayin'
    They already added a chakram. It might as well be a boomerang. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Bestas_Bane

Greetings,

Currently we do not have any plans of allowing thief to use Abrasion Bolts, nor do we have any plans to add higher-tier versions of Sleep Bolts and Bloody Bolts.

When it comes to marksmanship, the development team is currently prioritizing adjustments focused on ranger. While there is a possibility that adjustments are also made to thief in the future, instead of ammunition, the addition of an item level 119 ranged weapon will be the priority.
    This is disappointing especially given ranger is already doing very well, but I understand. Thank you for the timely response.
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This is how I feel right now.
    "Please sir, I want some more."
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Greetings,

What about Cor? Cor uses guns.
    (0)

Greetings,

Thank you, its good to know we're getting a 119 Ranged weapon in the future

Anyway, not that I'm wildly upset because I rarely use Marksmanship anyway, but Thief has very limited weapon choices, being only dagger and a mild use for Marksmanship. We have access to a total of 2 Merit WS... Dagger and Marksmanship, yet we lack any and all I.lv guns or bullets or anything to put use to our only mildly useful secondary weapon type. I get that RNG is clearly the focus, which is more than understandable, its the ranged job, still, RNGs don't really... use crossbow these days. Thief was really the crossbower back in the day, especially status bolts, so these things are dead on arrival to most if not all RNGs lol.

Anyway, that said, I hope the 119 ranged weapon you give us hearkens back to the fact THF actually used to be able to use guns and bullets... It would be nice to have a means to make use of their only other merit weaponskill

Thanks!
    (7)

Player
    At least give thf a 119 cross-bow... boomerangs and the like, are useless as an offensive/surviveability option.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ang; 07-10-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm also hoping that the next i119 ranged weapon for thief is a crossbow. To me status bolts and thief go hand and hand. I always pictured the thief job as more of an underhanded trickster and debuffing mobs' evasion and defense fit into that image. It's why I was thrown for a pretty big loop when I saw thf was not on abrasion bolts. Mostly because I never see rangers with crossbows and since their gear has so much ranged attack up that def down wouldn't help much.

The only way I would prefer throwing weapons over marksmanship in the future is if tp wasn't lost for changing ranged, or just have one boomerang do all the status downs of all the status bolts. However I don't see either of those happening.

Some guns would be cool too, but I will again just stick to crossbows for the added effects. Unless you plan on adding status bullets. Which might be long overdue, and alchemy could use the new recipes.

One last thing to consider is that thieves are a melee class first. So given the choice between a stronger ranged attack or using that slot for melee traits they want, (duel wield, triple attack, crit rate and damage) they might just use the old stuff like raider's boomerang.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast