Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrohatch View Post
    You don't need Blade: Hi to be a good ninja
    ^This, this, a thousand times this.

Its funny how the Kannagi NINs on my server think they're the shit AFTER they get their Empy. I can think of one in particular that is always harassing me for advice. I've been playing NIN since 06 and let me tell you, across all the low-mid levels I was still able to hold hate. Pre-abyssea, there were very few PLDs that could take hate from me solidly, even doing NIN/DRK for things like Kirin and Omega. The only level range I can honestly say I had a hard time holding hate was before I had Utsu: Ni and the elemental wheel. I don't, by any means think I'm an exceptional NIN but I know how to play my job. I could still do the same thing I do now effectively even without Blade: Hi. My favorite thing about having the real Empy is having the aftermath.

NIN doesn't need any real adjustments, the problems with PLD existed before abyssea came around. They are really the ones who need an overhaul. That being said, Utsu: San, Jubaku: Ni {Yes, please}.
    (0)

Character
    Aisubeki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiChi View Post
    ^This, this, a thousand times this.

Its funny how the Kannagi NINs on my server think they're the shit AFTER they get their Empy. I can think of one in particular that is always harassing me for advice. I've been playing NIN since 06 and let me tell you, across all the low-mid levels I was still able to hold hate. Pre-abyssea, there were very few PLDs that could take hate from me solidly, even doing NIN/DRK for things like Kirin and Omega. The only level range I can honestly say I had a hard time holding hate was before I had Utsu: Ni and the elemental wheel. I don't, by any means think I'm an exceptional NIN but I know how to play my job. I could still do the same thing I do now effectively even without Blade: Hi. My favorite thing about having the real Empy is having the aftermath.

NIN doesn't need any real adjustments, the problems with PLD existed before abyssea came around. They are really the ones who need an overhaul. That being said, Utsu: San, Jubaku: Ni {Yes, please}.
    Was this before or after 2h update :P?
    (0)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Actually it was after the 2hander update, during the 40s I had the slight advantage of being able to continually deal damage faster than 2handers due to the rapid succession of casting the Ni wheel, coupled that with a high breath mantle, dorado sushi, debuffs to make sure they only land hits on shadows kinda ensured that I had solid hate on me. But to be honest I began starting to struggle through 49-60 when DDs would get things like Penta, Guillotine, etc, but was generally within 2-3 job abilities of getting the mob's attention back on me and when spamming the Ni wheel was no longer viable. When people would do things like Souleater guillotine during the 60s is generally the only time where I'd kinda just give up trying lol.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoko View Post
    I'd love to see light return to flinging shuriken... you know, like a ninja should. Bringing it back as a hate keeping tool is all the more reason.
    Me too

Just a silly lil idea off top of my head. Make a meritible job trait that will imbue our throwing ranged attacks with a job ability "provoke". Or a new affordable synth recipe for shurikens that have the added effect "provoke" on it like the Egg does. Or something....

Spue math, flame on, whatever. I play for fun.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4